[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

Ok, quick question to all the current PSP owners here;

Does your UMD door not sit flush with the back of the PSP?

I need to know if it's a widespread issue, or if it's just mine, as the door does close fully, but sticks up on a little on the side opposite of the battery compartment and it makes for a less than comfortable time during longer gaming sessions.

585740931[/snapback]

Mine sticks out too, but on the side closest to the D-pad. Hasn't affected anything and no dust gets in but I always fear one day it'll spring open and the UMD flys out :huh:

wow i noticed this same fact last weekend and thought it was just mine. i have a dead pixel and with this i am sure to take it back to best buy.

As the last page states yes, I realize that, but we're talking about Canada, as was also said on the last page.

585742693[/snapback]

I'm not going to go through 138 pages, and Dell ships internationally..

Alpha2004, don't know who that's intended for, but if you're talking about the EBGames PRP warranty, it's better to exchange it within the first 14 days so you don't use up the PRP (it can only be used once).

Alpha2004, don't know who that's intended for, but if you're talking about the EBGames PRP warranty, it's better to exchange it within the first 14 days so you don't use up the PRP (it can only be used once).

585743203[/snapback]

thats my point. chances are your screen will come with a dead pixel, so wait a few months, and get a new psp, with the issue possibly fixed.

i just did that with myn. Returned it in BestBuy with NO problems at all. but they are all sold out. so the'll send me the refund in 14 days by check. In mean time i'll miss my PSP. But whatever, i'll get a brand new shiny one soon enough.

Is there really any advantage for having the Sony one compared to the Scan Disk one? Besides it saying Sony on it?

Is there really any advantage for having the Sony one compared to the Scan Disk one?  Besides it saying Sony on it?

585743586[/snapback]

IIRC, the Sony ones have a higher transfer rate...but nothing you should notice on the PSP.

i think that depends on which model you have. there's high speed and regulars, and the sandisk and sony regulars should be the same.

thats my point. chances are your screen will come with a dead pixel, so wait a few months, and get a new psp, with the issue possibly fixed.

585743210[/snapback]

That would use up my PRP, this way I can just keep exchanging within the 14 day period for the new PSP until I get one with no/barely any issues.

Quick couple of questions about the PSP.

1. Can it read photos taken on a Sony camera?? from what I've read, it can only display photos if they are in the PSP folder.

2. Are there any rumours/facts about Sony adding WPA support for W-Fi in the future??

not to be noob, but just making sure - how do u know whether u get dead pixels, and whats the bottomline on dead pixel policy

585745615[/snapback]

You should be able to see them if you knock the brightness down, they are usually only visible on dark backgrounds.

Dead pixel policy, 'most' stores will give you a new PSP if yours has dead pixels, it's always best to enquire wherever you are going to buy your PSP, as policies will no doubt change depending on where you acquire it.