[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

are you serious?

are people buying them thinking they are a psp?

585789523[/snapback]

dude, im joking. The news is on endgaget. Im sure some stupid people are buying them thinking theyre getting the psp though.

dude, im joking. The news is on endgaget.  Im sure some stupid people are buying them thinking theyre getting the psp though.

585789572[/snapback]

aww, that woulda been funny :p

just saw all the clones posted at engadget...really mind-boggling.

i may get one but theres no use for it as an mp3 player since i have an ipod, i probably wouldnt play games at all, and i wouldnt really watch a lot of movies on it. so, is there really any other uses for it, or would it seem useless to me?

585789312[/snapback]

it's useless to you...you wouldn't use it for all the things its intended for

I am going to get my brother buy one from the USA, what are the chances that it has a defect. I mean dead pixels can happen after purchase, but the chances of bubbles etc.?

Also I think I will get Ridge Racers, I guess no one has any complaints.

I heard somewhere that in the near future, sony will release psp's with better batteries, so that the 33mhz barrier can be reached without taking a huge hit on battery life.

585783639[/snapback]

That's what they've been planning from the start, eventually they will since the PSP is only running at 50% = 222. (and it's 222mhz not 22)

That's what they've been planning from the start, eventually they will since the PSP is only running at 50% = 222. (and it's 222mhz not 22)

585793934[/snapback]

It's ~66% ;)

I just noticed something about the way the PSP handles photos. I used JPEGBook to convert a lengthly eBook and it came out at around 1600 images.

However, despite there clearly being 1600 images in the folder, only 1000 images could be displayed and the remaining 600 were unaccounted for. I can only assume this is some limit to how many images it can deal with in one folder. (Btw before anyone mentions it, yes 1000 images in a folder is more than sufficient for most peoples purposes ;))

that would suprise me. but you have no problems putting the remaining 600 in a second folder right?

also, pretty cool usage of the psp, never heard of anyone using it for a book before.

anybody get Mercury yet (from those who pre-ordered)

585796304[/snapback]

I got it. It is VERY fun and VERY addictive.

that would suprise me.  but you have no problems putting the remaining 600 in a second folder right?

also, pretty cool usage of the psp, never heard of anyone using it for a book before.

585797254[/snapback]

Yeah that's what I did, split the files across 2 foldersso it's all good. The programs been around for a while and can only convert a text file with no formatting into a stack of JPEGs at the PSPs native res

I'm still a bit meh about Mercury, perhaps it's because I've had no time to get into it but having played and loved Monkey ball the dynamics feel inferior. I know it's totaly different but it's not. The nub doesn't really do it justice.