[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

I have no dead pixels.  But I have what no one else has.  I have two small, like pin head marks on my screen.  Its very odd.  They show up green on an angle.  Very hard to notice tho.

585834176[/snapback]

What do the pin marks look like? I have a couple of those bubbles in the screen, but one has a dark center so it might be a pin mark thing...

Oh well, EB's replacing my PSP when they finially get one in (They said end of april, so anytime now).

yeah, i have a little bub in the plastic shell over the screen from manufacturing. I can only see it if i angle the screen so i can't see anything on it and look for it under a light. no dead pixes and no dust.

anyone here got a psp with NO ZERO NIL NONE dead pixels?

585833923[/snapback]

Mine has zero dead pixels. 3 of my coworkers have PSP's, and theirs also have zero dead pixels.....

i like image converter 2 (i downloaded a version of it to 'try') because it's converts the movies with a higher quality but a lower file size.

i converted a 30min tv show to a 39mb file using the default settings.

i like image converter 2 (i downloaded a version of it to 'try') because it's converts the movies with a higher quality but a lower file size.

i converted a 30min tv show to a 39mb file using the default settings.

585834550[/snapback]

There is no "downloadable version" of IC2.

I purchased it and can tell you it's not that great. Your movies are thumbnail sized (bit of an overstatement, but true).

There is no "downloadable version" of IC2.

I purchased it and can tell you it's not that great. Your movies are thumbnail sized (bit of an overstatement, but true).

585834719[/snapback]

i guess i should say that i downloaded image converter 2 to 'try', to clear things up about there being a downloadable version - because there are copies of it on some p2p applications.

about the size of the converted movies, you can always make the movies bigger by pressing triangle then choosing 'zoom' or 'full version'

deciding whether to buy psp in canada or hongkong.

if i buy in canada, whats up with all the dead pixels and other problems. IF i buy one here, and it has errors, can I get it replaced immediatly, refunded?? OR i need to wait for manufactuer warranty?

open box but busted psp, can you refund?

thx

yeah, but regarding iversons problem, do they let you check for dead pixels in the shop before its bought? or after its bought, do they let you exchange virtually unlimited times until you get a no dead pixel unit? or do you just have to let it go and live with it.

I got mine at Best Buy, the first PSP had over 10 dead pixels so I took it in. They told me I should contact Sony instead of bringing it to them, but ended up giving me a new one which to my luck had 0 dead pixels.

Hey Guys,

I'm in the UK and have just read the news that we wont see it here until at least September, and even then we'll be expected to shell out ?180 (approx $350) which is a fair amount more than you guys in the states.

I'm not about to give Sony the satisfaction of ripping me off whilst making me wait months more than the rest of the world so I'm gonna import one. Just wanted to know if any USA users are playing imported Asia games without any issues? I don't just mean 'do they work', cause I know that the PSP is region-free for games, but do they all seem to have English interfaces as well?

That way I can get a bundle of games at the same time as getting my hardware.

cheers

Ascii

Hey Guys,

I'm in the UK and have just read the news that we wont see it here until at least September, and even then we'll be expected to shell out ?180 (approx $350) which is a fair amount more than you guys in the states.

I'm not about to give Sony the satisfaction of ripping me off whilst making me wait months more than the rest of the world so I'm gonna import one. Just wanted to know if any USA users are playing imported Asia games without any issues? I don't just mean 'do they work', cause I know that the PSP is region-free for games, but do they all seem to have English interfaces as well?

That way I can get a bundle of games at the same time as getting my hardware.

cheers

Ascii

585836370[/snapback]

I'm playing US and Jap games on my Jap PSP. The amount of japanese text varies from game to game, ridge racers has very little, lumines has none, metal gear has a lot due to the dialogue involved. There's a breakdown on how japanese each game has on lik-sang. Best advice is to forget the jap games and just get the US eqivalent if possible.

In the PSP if you select English you won't see any more English in the PSP OS, and if you buy non-Jap games then you won't see Japenese there either.

So, want all English? Cheapest option right now is a Jap PSP + US games.

Anyone know when retail stores will be getting in the Logitech Playgear Pocket case?

I have a gift card for Circuit City so I'm hoping it's soon.

re-edit: Hmm read the past posts, others seem to have got it in retail stores but I'm reading May is the release month for it.

yeah, but regarding iversons problem, do they let you check for dead pixels in the shop before its bought? or after its bought, do they let you exchange virtually unlimited times until you get a no dead pixel unit? or do you just have to let it go and live with it.

585835787[/snapback]

I bought mine at Best Buy - I had to buy it, open it there, test it out - then swap it for another one - test it out, etc... I did this 4 times. Every time they scan it as if you buy it, they said they will send the opened ones back to Sony. As I was buying this (with the replacement plan) another Best Buy employee who was helping someone else out, was trying to convince them to get the replacement plan - he was saying that if you have only one dead pixel they would exchange it (unlike Sony), so I stood there and opened them until I got one that was OK.

Oh and after 3 they started to get really ticked off, telling me that I couldn't open every box they had.....

Anyone know when retail stores will be getting in the Logitech Playgear Pocket case?

I have a gift card for Circuit City so I'm hoping it's soon.

re-edit:  Hmm read the past posts, others seem to have got it in retail stores but I'm reading May is the release month for it.

585838117[/snapback]

I should already be out. I got one already. But it's definitely limited. It's sold out almost everywhere where I live.

I should already be out.  I got one already.  But it's definitely limited.  It's sold out almost everywhere where I live.

585840258[/snapback]

I called a few places and they were sold out - I ordered online.