[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

UMD is the new format of disk, universal media disk or something like that.

Its the disks the psp games and movies are put onto.

585868304[/snapback]

Disc with a c would be proper in this case. :)

Disc with a c would be proper in this case.  :)

585868463[/snapback]

Hey, keep on topic or get out of the thread!!! :angry:

j/k :p

anyone got a psp out of the latest shipment? has the dead pixel problem improved?

Has anyone seen this yet? I found the link at a PSP forum. The Korean PSPs gets to go online and if you look at the pics in the link (somewhere in the middle), I think they're playing StarCraft! When are WE (USA) going to get this?!

Link 56k warning.

kirisuma_20050502202345_4261903_3.jpg

hey guys i have a couple of questions

1. how convenient is it to use the psp as just an mp3 player, talk about size, ease to scroll songs, search for songs, how to switch between songs (without looking at the screen), how to carry etc

2. if i had an episode of lets say, apprentice, hdtv, xvid, 350mb, and convert it to the psp (with acceptable audio and video quality) how big would the output file be.

thanks for replies.

edit: is there shuffle, repeat functions?

585855027[/snapback]

haha...not convenient at all. first off youve got BULK, second, youve got a cumbersome two-handed interface. its a pain...certainly not a feature they should be advertising...kinda a 'gimmick' really...

you could theoretically get a half hour episode of tv down to 30 megs...ive gotten south park and family guy down that low with acceptable quality

Has anyone seen this yet?  I found the link at a PSP forum.  The Korean PSPs gets to go online and if you look at the pics in the link (somewhere in the middle), I think they're playing StarCraft!  When are WE (USA) going to get this?!

Link  56k warning.

kirisuma_20050502202345_4261903_3.jpg

585869489[/snapback]

That's the Starcraft TV they have in korea.

Not happy with it?

I've still not decided anyway. I've gone to like every store in Chicago and can't find ANYONE who has a unit on display so you can 'try before you buy'. They only seem to do that with the DS. It would be nice to decide in a month or so though, as I have a nice long trip coming up.

or you can come on over to the uk and ill sell you mine  :happy:

585867328[/snapback]

Not happy with it?

I've still not decided anyway.  I've gone to like every store in Chicago and can't find ANYONE who has a unit on display so you can 'try before you buy'.  They only seem to do that with the DS.  It would be nice to decide in a month or so though, as I have a nice long trip coming up.

585871134[/snapback]

A display model of the PSP would look terrible though, unless the sales staff came by every now and again to wipe the smudges off. A PSP is really only worth it right now if there is a game you really must have (for me it was WO Pure, but only get it if you're a fan of the original). Waiting on MVP 2005, but if it keeps getting pushed back, I may just end up getting MLB.

K, got my psp today! Yay.

But the plug is not the same as what we use in UK, so am i ok using a powercord from like my ps2 into the adapter? The plug given says 124V on it, with 6A.

Would this just fry it or what?

*Edit* On the adapter it says input 100-240V's, well Uk runs at 240V so thats ok right?

Just don't wanna fcuk it up first day.

Lol.

Thanks.

Edited by Kerm

Well, I got my PSP last night at Circuity City... I had found a store in the area (Best Buy) that had units I could actually play with, but none in stock. Circuit City had like 4 in stock and they have a no questions asked return/exchange policy. :D Got Untold Legends as well.... Fun game, but I think BG:Dark Alliance on my old PS2 was better. Not bad for a first release though!

Not -1- dead pixel either. And the screen sure is beautiful on it. :)

Are all units in the US the PSP1001 models?

Well, I got my PSP last night at Circuity City...  I had found a store in the area (Best Buy) that had units I could actually play with, but none in stock.  Circuit City had like 4 in stock and they have a no questions asked return/exchange policy. :D  Got Untold Legends as well.... Fun game, but I think BG:Dark Alliance on my old PS2 was better.  Not bad for a first release though!

Not -1- dead pixel either.  And the screen sure is beautiful on it. :)

Are all units in the US the PSP1001 models?

585875858[/snapback]

My psp is also PSP1001. No dead pixels either :D

I saw that on like page 19 here right after I posted. lol. I guess that is just the current NA model #... Glad you have no dead pixels, I was so scared of having them after all the reports.

Now to wait for 1GB memory sticks to be available and not a ripoff (you could find them for close to $90 2 months ago... :( )

I saw that on like page 19 here right after I posted. lol.  I guess that is just the current NA model #...  Glad you have no dead pixels, I was so scared of having them after all the reports.

Now to wait for 1GB memory sticks to be available and not a ripoff (you could find them for close to $90 2 months ago... :( )

585877468[/snapback]

Yea I think dell was selling a 1gig stick for $85. :woot:

Got my psp, and it's beautifull. Bougt wipeout with it and its such a cool game, brilliant graphics everything so far is brilliant.

Only problem is i need to buy a bigger mem stick, the 32mb one isn't going to last long.

:p

P.s i bought from Lik-Sang, they delivered it within 2 days of payment, which is amazing.

I did get stung for ?40 import tax however. Gutted. But worth it.

(Y))

Yea I think dell was selling a 1gig stick for $85.  :woot:

585877522[/snapback]

I ordered one about a month ago and it is still not here. Next week at the earliest.

I ordered one about a month ago and it is still not here.  Next week at the earliest.

585878663[/snapback]

Just checked my DELL order status for 1GB stick: Estimated Ship Date: 6/15/2005

Pushed back 6 more weeks!!!:angry:y:

Pushed back 6 more weeks!!!&nbsp:angry:y:

585881923[/snapback]

send customer service an email, and they will give you at least a $35 concession coupon. some people got up to $90.

Pushed back 6 more weeks!!!&nbsp:angry:y:

585881923[/snapback]

Same here! ARRRRR, will it ever come???

Woohoo, emailed customer service and they said they can offer me a $35 gift certificate.

Edited by Crichton

Got Last Week, already up to 6 games

Was thinking MGS was goign to blow untill i actually played it.

post-36462-1115433951_thumb.jpg

god Lumines is like crack, its the only game I play and I can't stop...I think without it my PSP would be just lying around like all my other tech toys.

I have a question because I lost my manual, why does my Sony DUO Pro 512 MB card show up in the PSP as a 480 MB card, is that because it needs 32 mb for system memory or something?