[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

I just bought a 512mb from BestBuy (completely with gift cards :D ) and when I used it and formatted it from the PSP, it came out to be only about 477mb?! :angry: wtf? Why is it like that?

I just bought a 512mb from BestBuy (completely with gift cards :D ) and when I used it and formatted it from the PSP, it came out to be only about 477mb?!  :angry: wtf?  Why is it like that?

585967905[/snapback]

512MB unformatted. Formatted is always lower.

I just bought a 512mb from BestBuy (completely with gift cards :D ) and when I used it and formatted it from the PSP, it came out to be only about 477mb?!  :angry: wtf?  Why is it like that?

585967905[/snapback]

When was the last time you formatted a HD and had the full space?

BTW, I got that Logitech Playgear protector thingy. It is quite nice. At least it'll let me toss the whole thing into my purse and use it to listen to music or something similar. The latch seems pretty secure so far, too. That plus my $5 hori screen protector are working pretty well.

i ordered hori screen protetor with my psp and there was only 1 in the packet, they should put at least 2 incase you mess up.. :(

Heh, that might be a good idea. For anyone who buys one, make sure your PSP is -totally- clean and dust free before you apply the thing. And follow the directions carefully. I got mine on fine at least. :)

Is it or will it be possible to flash newer PSP's with the original v1.0 firmware so it can run anything? I'm thinking about getting one but not if its all patched up.

I thought the problem with the firmware was that it can only be flash to a newer firmware. Don't see why taking the v1.0 firmware and changing its version number to something higher wouldn't work.

keep your eyes peeled, there will be a solution to run unsigned code.... soon  :devil:

585992681[/snapback]

yes, a loader.

The question is, HOW soon?

a year? a month? a week?

I got my replacement PSP (2 dead pixels, dirt under the screen, and 1 stuck on the first), and it's even worse. 6 stuck pixels (haven't even checked for dead yet), a bubble in the lcd and a bubble in the plastic case.

Will be getting ANOTHER replacement.

I got my replacement PSP (2 dead pixels, dirt under the screen, and 1 stuck on the first), and it's even worse.  6 stuck pixels (haven't even checked for dead yet), a bubble in the lcd and a bubble in the plastic case.

Will be getting ANOTHER replacement.

585992725[/snapback]

should have waited.

yes, a loader.

The question is, HOW soon?

a year? a month? a week?

585992690[/snapback]

the group makes it seem soon, and Team Xecuter is working on the firmware apparently.

I was lucky enough to get a PSP over this past weekend as a gift.

No Dead Pixels, runs like a dream, and it is seriously perhaps the coolest gadget I have gotten yet in my 30 years on this planet.

I LOVE IT. :D

• 2 weeks later...
have they actually suceeded in making "Fake" or "Copied" games for the PSP?

586042878[/snapback]

yes.

1 to 1 iso's

but you cant play em...yet.

• 2 weeks later...

PSP news are bit slow lately... nothing new or good to load on the system hope Sony and its partners have something in mind or gamers are going to start losing interest in the system... :pinch: :no:

ya...it has been slow...even at e3 it was slow...:(

i really hope they don't friggin abandon it, i really have enjoyed it so far.

for how long are we supposed to run the ?CPR? video to wake up a stuck pixel? I think it?s a stuck pixel cuz with the video you wont see it on a red/blue/green or black background but it shows up right in the middle of the screen on a white background and it looks sorta red/brown/:prk? :p

the only think I really, really, really hate about my PSP (besides that stuck pixel) is how easy it gets finder prints all over, somebody needs to come out with some sort of spray that you can apply to the surface and make it less prone to get m:happy: ::yes:: :yes:

for how long are we supposed to run the ?CPR? video to wake up a stuck pixel? I think it?s a stuck pixel cuz with the video you wont see it on a red/blue/green or black background but it shows up right in the middle of the screen on a white background and it looks sorta red/brown/:prk? :p

the only think I really, really, really hate about my PSP (besides that stuck pixel) is how easy it gets finder prints all over, somebody needs to come out with some sort of spray that you can apply to the surface and make it less prone to get marked:happy: :happy:yes:p; :yes:

586143847[/snapback]

the video is bs...