[Definitive] Sony PSP Thread

I have decided to buy the psp and end up spending 750 bucks on the console and games and extra batteries memory sticks and what not but i will have everything and im mad at the fact that mgs is card based i learned that months ago but am still angry :angry: .

Well, me being the noob I am, it looks a hell of a lot better when I film in the dark. I filmed some more of the menu and video playing (sorted the white balance as well so everything wasn't so damn bluey, took out the sound as well to save space). It's also a very good demonstration on how damn wide the viewing angle is on this screen, it's a stunner!

Right Click Save As

I'm gonna retake the Ridge one as well and repost it at the weekend when I do the review (if I get time) so if you can't be assed to download, don't bother, I'll stick a much nicer one up soon.

585142761[/snapback]

wooooowww that was nice, especially with finding nemo. Btw how big was that file? before and after encoding?

what language are the menus in? How are you finding the JPN parts?

585142918[/snapback]

Th emenu's are a mix of ENG and JPN, but most are in JPN....but for system stuff you can change between Eng and Jpn to make life easier...

also, i was at ends with the turned based MGA too, but it is actually quite cool once you getthe hang of it... :yes:

sample video to use (100 percent sure it works):

http://my.vector.co.jp/servlet/System.File...me/mp4_rriy.zip

program (windows only) http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Nws/Software_d...5710294200.html

Format the memory stick via psp first, several directories should be created.

dazz should be able to help you out more.

btw, the vid file is low quality, but it works.

585143920[/snapback]

Thanks for your help Alpha2004.

I've downloaded your file successfully but I still can't play it. I'm not that stupid normally... I guess. I've format my MS Duo with the PSP but it doesn't create any video folder. Where do I have to create this video folder and on which name?

I've tried to connect my PSP on my Wireless lan but it doesn't work. Is it supposed to work and if yes what should I be able to do with an internet connection?

For the rest it's an amazing machine...

And the Sony video converter doesn't work on Mac OSX...

For the language, the PSP internal Menu is multilingual, japanese, english, french,... You can choose.

But for the games it's different. It really is a mix of both on Ridge Racers, the name of the car is in english but the some parts of the menu are in english. When you want to save it's in japanese... There is some japanese stuff on the left I have no idea what it means. But most of the time when it's in japanese you just have to press OK and it works...

Thanks for your help Alpha2004.

I've downloaded your file successfully but I still can't play it. I'm not that stupid normally... I guess. I've format my MS Duo with the PSP but it doesn't create any video folder. Where do I have to create this video folder and on which name?

I've tried to connect my PSP on my Wireless lan but it doesn't work. Is it supposed to work and if yes what should I be able to do with an internet connection?

For the rest it's an amazing machine...

And the Sony video converter doesn't work on Mac OSX...

585145333[/snapback]

on the memory card, the directory should be MP_ROOT\101MNV01\

the file name MUST be M4VXXXXX.MP4 (the Xs can be replaced by numbers)

I'm working on hardsubing some vids to put on my stick as well...already got some Invader Zim and Red vs Blue on there....now i'm working on Casshern (Japanese movie from manga/anime) and Cutie Honey (same but with an very hot J chick as the lead role....kinda goofy...)

next up, dvd to mp4....talk about shrinkage...

I just wish there were an easier/faster way to hardcode subs...

Im going to have to close my eyes and try and ignore this thread now until the official UK release - my pockets are burning, and my credit card is yearning to be used, but Im going to try to resist :(

on the memory card, the directory should be MP_ROOT\101MNV01\

the file name MUST be M4VXXXXX.MP4 (the Xs can be replaced by numbers)

I'm working on hardsubing some vids to put on my stick as well...already got some Invader Zim and Red vs Blue on there....now i'm working on Casshern (Japanese movie from manga/anime) and Cutie Honey (same but with an very hot J chick as the lead role....kinda goofy...)

next up, dvd to mp4....talk about shrinkage...

I just wish there were an easier/faster way to hardcode subs...

585145635[/snapback]

Thanks a lot bacd, it works perfectly. In fact the video folder is the only folder which is not in PSP folder and that the PSP doesn't create automatically.

I still have to try the Wi-Fi...

I already have a dead pixel, just in the center of the screen, I can see it all the time... too bad.

By the way, the PSP is really easy to connect on a MAC or a PC, you just need a USB cable, plug it and it's done. Peferct. And the transfer rate is good enough I think. I don't know if it's USB 1.1 or USB 2...

To be continued...

Im going to have to close my eyes and try and ignore this thread now until the official UK release - my pockets are burning, and my credit card is yearning to be used, but Im going to try to resist :(

585145649[/snapback]

same here.

i have 550$ and I want the psp....but 500 on a psp is c r a z y

Just a quick question.

I convinced my girlfriend getting me a memory stick for Christmas :)

Now, will I be able to get a converted movie on a 512Mb stick or do I need something bigger ? I don't want to end up having several MS at once ... .

Thanks !

Umm... so when exactly is this sucker coming out in the U.S.? and how much does it cost? Sorry, ign.com didn't have much and I dont feel like digging through this thread.

585150650[/snapback]

200$ reg, 250 value pack

around march

zotten: not sure but i heard someone got 1.8gb of movie into a 300mb file.

soppychunk: speculated march 2005. around 190usd.

Just a quick question.

I convinced my girlfriend getting me a memory stick for Christmas  :)

Now, will I be able to get a converted movie on a 512Mb stick or do I need something bigger ? I don't want to end up having several MS at once ... .

Thanks !

585150576[/snapback]

Wel, on my memory stick at the moment I've got all of Lou and Andy from Little Britain Series 1 (20 minutes), Stargate SG1 8x12 (42 minutes), a chapter from Finding Nemo (1 Minute), Garden State (102 minutes) and 21 MP3s (115.2mb).

I've got less than a mb left so I'll have to delete a song or 2 to make way for save games.just to be safe. A 1GB card couldn't come sooner for me.

wtf, ebgames says metal gear acid us version is being released February 18, and so is wipeout pure....

Impossile...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/520620.asp

585150755[/snapback]

No it's true...PSP games are going to be released March 24 for Europe... (Capcom's games are at least...) and that means that a february US release and march EU release is VERY plausible :D

<< Post Edited by Moderator >>

Reason:

No spamming. Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty bodies, bodies with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy, advertise or increase a member's post count. Resurrecting old forum posts is also not appreciated unless it serves a worthy cause to the forum. This determination is made by the forum Moderator or Administrator and is not up for discussion.

Edited by blackice912

Im going to be getting the PSP the day it comes out in the states. :D I want to start coverting my dvds, and images. What is the program I need, where do I get it, and where are there tutorials for it in english? Thanks

There's been no news on UK prices at all. Amazon has listed the regular pack at ?180 but I'd be surprised if it's that high. Perhaps ?150 for regular and ?180 for Value? Just a guess though, I believe they're revealing more details on both the US and UK launch in January.