what does /s /v /qn /qb mean

hi guys basically right now im composing my windows xp sp2 cd and im trying to have programs install during the xp setup as ive seen someone else do and im asking about what those commands mean "what does /s /v /qn /qb mean"

if i can figure out what those mean i can move on in my editing of the command.cmd file as i have been changing a few things and so far been successful

if someone can please tell me another program to do this easier id gladly say thanks and test it out here is a few rows of which im trying to adjust for example

ECHO Installing WinRAR 3.20

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WinRAR\wrar320.exe /s

ECHO.

now i have successfully updated that to version wrar330 and will try to get wrar340 to install and work correctly

another example is

ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v6.0.0.19

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Nero\Nero60019.exe /silent /noreboot

ECHO.

this i have succesfully changed to

ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.3

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Nero\nero6603.exe /silent /noreboot

ECHO.

now i dont know what /silent and /noreboot mean exactly but i can assume that means to install the file silent must mean not to stop or do something silly and noreboot must mean not to reboot and carry on to the next step... as u can see im new to this so im asking advice my next change will involve this

ECHO Installing Adobe Reader 6

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\AR6\AR6.msi /QB

ECHO.

i want to change this to instead install acroreader 601 then patch it with 602 and lastly 603 and then move on to the next command again any help would be great thanks neowin members

-ste

please feel free to get me on the im'er or email me otherwise just respond in messageboards

The site I'm going to suggest has been blocked by neowins spam filter so I will instead link you to this google search and tell you to look at the first link.

There is also a link to a forum which will tell you much more than you ever thought of asking about unattended installations.

The site I'm going to suggest has been blocked by neowins spam filter so I will instead link you to this google search and tell you to look at the first link.

There is also a link to a forum which will tell you much more than you ever thought of asking about unattended installations.

585109855[/snapback]

thanks i actually just found this website from someone else funny how things workout, thanks for getting back to my question i hope it helps