Giant Antispyware

Question

Now that Giant Antispyware have been bought out by Microsoft, they have taken their downloads off their website. Does anyone know if you can still download the program from anywhere. Many sites merely linked to the Giant website - where the file has now been removed.

Master Spy.

Can anyone email a trial version of 1.0.288? All the links are 244 or 246. The last link is 272. I'd like to test the latest build.

Does anyone know the upgrade path for current owners to Microsoft final final for release build?

Yea, I read the article about Giant Antispyware and I said to myself they did better than Spybot and Ad-Aware?  Must download, went to their website and found out, I couldn't.

I wonder if MS will intergrate it with Windows XP or sell as a seperate Plus! Edition?

Hopefully, it will be soon though...

585154026[/snapback]

I got an email from Microsoft TechNet the other day that said this:

As you might have heard, Microsoft recently acquired Giant Software, Inc., the maker of a well-regarded anti-spyware tool. Although we'd hoped to be able to provide you with a link to a beta release of a Microsoft-branded version of this tool, it isn't quite ready yet. We're told the beta software will be freely downloadable from the Download Center sometime in the next few weeks. Until then, here's the press release outlining the capabilities of this spyware blocking and removal tool, and another statement explaining some little-known facts surrounding a legal agreement between Sunbelt and Giant that preceded the Microsoft purchase of the Giant technology.

So am I right to say the Microsoft-branded GIANT Antispyware is not out yet?

585158048[/snapback]

Correct, but it would seem that we won't have too long to wait. Luckily it also seems that the beta won't be limited to just betaplace.com subscribers - which is good for me.

Master Spy.

Its not known if it will be a free add-on or subscription based...

585154163[/snapback]

You have to laugh at that. On the one hand they give you a browser and active-x which is more than happy to let God only knows what through, and then in the other, there could be a subscription from the same company to remove them. lol

Call me a cynic but this is a move made so that in a few months down the line they can say "we're working hard to combat these exploits" without actually having done anything of note for themselves. You have to admire their audactity.

You have to laugh at that. On the one hand they give you a browser and active-x which is more than happy to let God only knows what through, and then in the other, there could be a subscription from the same company to remove them. lol

Call me a cynic but this is a move made so that in a few months down the line they can say "we're working hard to combat these exploits" without actually having done anything of note for themselves. You have to admire their audactity.

585158556[/snapback]

If Microsoft really wanted to, they could release no patches for Windows or their software. They sold it in an "as-is" state, and legally and morally they have no obligation to update their software. However, they do. So stop complaining. Also, I doubt Microsoft will charge for their Antispyware, and it will be a free-for all users download. They are more likely to charge for Antivirus.

Master Spy.

Since this is a Giant Antispyware thread, I thought I could use it to post something. This morning I came in to work and I found my McAfee window with 3 different files detected as adware. Looking at the application area, I see that it is from MS GIANT Antispyware. According to this website, the Mabry the file is safe to be on your PC, but I could not find information on the other two files. Anyone has this issue?

post-40930-1122385173_thumb.jpg

Thanks

/EZ

Posting almost a year later about this? Don't bother. Use Windows Defender now if you want to use what was GIANT Anti-Spyware. GIANT's product is now too old to pick up any new threats.

i have used giant for long time & still gets updates. the main thing is that it scan really fast compare to counterspy & Windows Defender.

i lost my file.