Blank Icons!

Hi... I need some help with my icons :blush: ...sorry if this has been a common problem but I have searched and couldn't find a similar problem so :pinch: .

Well, my problem is that some of my icons are blank! Important ones like folder icons, the My Documents icon, or the My Computer icon are fine, but .exe icons such as the Steam icon or MSN icon are being shown as blank! Also, when I try to download a file from the internet, you know how in Service Pack 2 it shows the icon of what you are downloading?? It shows it as a blank icon there too. Can someone please diagnose what the problem is and instruct me how to fix it?? Thank you :pinch: .

post-65983-1103862576_thumb.jpg

Hi again, I have tried the Tweak UI and tried rebuilding the icons but it did no good :unsure: .

And in answer to your questions, yes I have tried restarting my computer, no I did not change those icons and yes I have checked for spyware and adware but none found. Also I would like to add I have tried checking for registry errors with RegEdit.

Are there any other suggestions for solutions? :pinch: By the way, thank you people for your quick and supportive replies!

In the screenshot posted, see how the .ico file is there but it's like not showing in the actual application @_@??

Sorry for bothering you guys for such a petty problem like this...there is always the solution of manually changing the icons by going to properties>change icon and stuff lol but I'm hoping for a possibility that there is a better and easier solution so I'm leaving that for my last resort~

post-65983-1103864306.gif

Are you using Stardock's IconPackager? If so there is a known bug that sometimes causes that. It did that to my computer and reformatting was the only way I could fix it. I haven't touched IconPackager since.

EDIT: It could also be that that particular IconPackager theme doesn't include those file formats so it just uses the default icon instead. This, of course, is assuming you do use IconPackager.

Joy! It turns out that IconPackager had a 'Repair Icon Images' option under its settings. It has fixed all the problems. Thank you everyone for your help! :laugh: