[rel] Sustenance Visual Style

The only slight problem i have with this VS, is that the buttons dont really stand out enough. I think a border around the buttons(atleast when you hover over them) matching the color of the VS(i.e. Blue, Olive, Metallic, etc..) would liven it up a little, and make the buttons more instantly obvious to the eye.

Yeah, I was hoping for something like that too! Anyway, now, I finally thought of experimenting with the style builder and opened up this over there. I then took portion of the taskbarbutton from the Blue and put it into Ergo and now I've got it showing in a different colour. I also took the scroll bars from the SimpleX 2003 and put it in here.

Now, I've got most of Kol exactly as I'd wanted it ... except that I'd have preferred the max button to be of 1 colour when maximised and another when not maximum. Also, I wanted the userpane to look like the one in SimpleX. Have not been able to do the last 2, but I guess I'm still quite happy!

Cheers!

I repeat. A very nice VS indeed. Very smooth and rich in texture. My only complaint that I try not to dwell on has to do with the check boxes which fill in with color and a check mark when you select by a click of the mouse and/or the directional boxes prefixed before each folder containing subfolders. Notice how these are filled in with dark (for example) "ergo" color so that one cannot see the check marks when a box is checked or the directional arrows indicating opened subfolder in Explorer. These boxes just look plain ugly to me even if they remain somewhat functional despite it all. Can't you make these boxes fill in with a different color or even transparent so that you can see the check marks or directional arrows???

I dont know if Im going to make another titlebar.

I know the titlebar is a little big and I posted about it in my WIP thread on gfxOasis but the idea of FOOOD was to create the captiion buttons the way they are now. :)

These days I've been trying to start the winamp skin. I tried like 4 different design and I didnt like any of them. I dont want to keep trying so I dont think Im going to make the winamp skin now.

Hi Franco,

As always your 'attentiveness' to your wonderful GUI designs is always appreciated my friend!

I still have to get use to the 'checkboxes' being a colour ie: Sustenance Blue--->the Windows Explorer 'checkboxes' are blue...lol

I use maxthon too and dont get that problem.? Are you using a maxthon skin?

585277686[/snapback]

thats with the default skin and the same occurs without using a skin.:((