Logitech Z-680 vs Z-5500

Which do you like?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like?

• Z-680
    • Z-5500

Could someone educate me on why built in wires would be bad? I just ordered a 5500...

585164184[/snapback]

They arent bad, but seperate wires is better, you can buy a better grade/shielding + cut your own length.

i like the design of the control centre on the z5500.. looks way better than the z680's.. probably has the remote control problem fixed too!?!? where you dont have to point it exactly at the control centre!?!?

i've currently got a set of z680's.. and i dont think i'll upgrade my speakes for the next several years.. :/

I had no idea that the z680 had seperate speaker wires, thats awesome. Logitech probably thinks that it's easier for the buyers to set up the speakers when they are just built all together.

why not just crack open the speakers, unsolder the wires and either modify the units to use standard rca jacks or solder on your own wires? maybe because it takes effort and you think the company shouldn't have cheaped out?

why not just crack open the speakers, unsolder the wires and either modify the units to use standard rca jacks or solder on your own wires? maybe because it takes effort and you think the company shouldn't have cheaped out?

585165176[/snapback]

Because that would/is:

A) Void the warranty

B) A hassle, especially since the version that these are supposed to replace had this feature themselves.

I think I'll find me a nice set of Z-680's on the cheap side when I get some cash. :x

their wattage is the same right?

but that speaker wire thing is a hassle

i have z-560's(400 watts), and am using my own source of speaker wire, being constrained would ruin the sound for me, it would all have to come from one side...

I dont see anything wrong with prewired speakers. They are not going to use some crap stuff that will limit the power of there system. THat would be a horrible idea. ANd i bet that if someone did upgrade the speaker wires you wouldnt notice a difference.

Shut up Bitching about the Z-5500 Wired'ness :|

The fronts has 20FT Cable, centre & rears have 25FT there is plenty of cable.

IF you read the manual YOU CAN extend them if needed.

The speaker wire on the Z-680 is 16 Gauge anyway, So you never needed to change it :blink:

You DONT lose any sound quality on the Z-5500 & you can extend them if needed (Simple little device, I forget the name, just a little hub type thing to extend, widly available and cheap, so all (N) for the Z-5500 are null and voided now. :rolleyes:

Im going out now, if you want anymore clarifcation, wait for me to get back in 2-3 Hours time. ;)

Z-5500s havea few things pver the 640s like.

DTS? 96/24 support: Enjoy studio-quality sound thanks to the Z-5500's support for 96 kHz / 24-bit digital audio streams

Digital equalization: The Z-5500 Digital actively adjusts frequency response in real time for the cleanest, most accurate sound reproduction.

Powerful, distortion-free bass: The new,larger> 10-inch long-throw subwoofer driver with flared bass port delivers 188 watts of thunderous bass.

We've taken the award-winning Logitech Z-680 speaker system and made it even better. How? By improving everything from the subwoofer to the satellites and adding new innovations like real-time digital sound equalization.

Maby some minor updates but good ones. who wouldant want to get the best out of ther sound laster audigy 2 or Zs for Full 24bit sound

• 1 month later...

Guess what guys!! I got the z-5500 speakers last week. The one i got is the newer version of z-5500. The wires are exactly the same as z-680. Each speakers have its own red and black jack on the back and so as the subwoofer. NO MORE PREWIRE or BUILT IN WIRE SPEAKERS. I guess logitech has alot of complaints about the wires on the z-5500. That is why, they changed it. If you guys got the older version and you dont like the built in wire speaker, maybe you guys should sell it on ebay.. :devil: