Logitech Z-680 vs Z-5500

Which do you like?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like?

• Z-680
    • Z-5500

Guess what guys!! I got the z-5500 speakers last week.  The one i got is the newer version of z-5500.  The wires are exactly the same as z-680.  Each speakers have its own red and black jack on the back and so as the subwoofer.  NO MORE PREWIRE or BUILT IN WIRE SPEAKERS. I guess logitech has alot of complaints about the wires on  the z-5500.  That is why, they changed it. If you guys got the older version and you dont like the built in wire speaker, maybe you guys should sell it on ebay.. :devil:

585485779[/snapback]

holy crap, logitech is genius!

the z680s have ungodly amount of whitenoise too.. it sucks ass.

well I had the z680's and I currenty have the z5500 and having the wires built in doesnt really make difference..sure it just means u cant cut to ur own lenght but they give u more then enough. If u want more just get an extention on to it.

They arent bad, but seperate wires is better, you can buy a better grade/shielding + cut your own length.

585164188[/snapback]

Couldn't you just get phono extentions?

okay peeps,

How often are u really going to be moving ur speakes once u set them up?

Like some1 said, the front come with 20FT and the back ones come with 25FT wires, long enought for any room and if u need more u can always get the extension. I would find it more troublesome having to cut my wire every time I move my speakers and stuff. Having the wires separate from the speakers makes no diff in my books.

The Z5500 kick a$$!!!!........... now back to waking up the dead :p

X@vier

Z-680 = $230 Canadian

Z-5500 = $399 Canadian

Essentially the same thing, but $180 apart.

585165764[/snapback]

only ?5 difference here between them

585165780[/snapback]

Logitech Z-680 = $165.00 Shipped from Justdeals.com

Logitech Z-5500 = $260.00 + Shipping from Monarch Computer

BIG difference in cost in the US./Edit: I just realized that these posts were two months ago, damn thread grave diggers!i>

I have the Z-680 and i have to say these speakers ROCKS!!

I read a lot about the others and are esentially the same with new packaging..

So I will Keep my Z-680til i get Dolby Digital Plus and 13.1 audio in a couple of years!

Hey guys, just so you know the Z-5500s now come with the same detachable wire as the Z-680s. I just got my new 5500s in from Dell earlier this week and as a couple of others reported over in Reviews for Members, they do indeed have the spring-clips on the back of each speaker. So hold back your purchases no more ;)

You still haven't recieved those back!?!

585493074[/snapback]

eBuyer have them, Im waiting for them to test and ship me a new set

I dont beleive he has shipped them yet  :rofl:

585493982[/snapback]

Was sent last Tuesday (10th) for next day.

BIG difference in cost in the US.

585488665[/snapback]

Yeah, but the ones at JustDeals are refurbs, and their customer rating isn't all that great either. Buying new Z-680s would be about as much as the 5500s.

BIG difference in cost in the US.

/Edit: I just realized that these posts were two months ago, damn thread grave diggers!

585488665[/snapback]

So what it was a long time ago?

we still read them. I do anyways.

Remember all those forum posts you find when you google a tech topic?

did they think that you would be reading their post after 6 years when they posted it?

Hey guys, just so you know the Z-5500s now come with the same detachable wire as the Z-680s. I just got my new 5500s in from Dell earlier this week and as a couple of others reported over in Reviews for Members, they do indeed have the spring-clips on the back of each speaker. So hold back your purchases no more ;)

585489292[/snapback]

AWESOME

I Think ill buy them now

$290 Canadian at bestbuy

woot