When Longhorn comes out

When longhorn comes out will you build/buy a new computer just for longhorn?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. When longhorn comes out will you build/buy a new computer just for longhorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's longhorn
    • It's never coming out

Definitely not :)

If it doesn't run perfectly well on a 2.6 GHz / GeForce 5600 FX (not exactly great card, but it's just an OS) I'm throwing it out of the window. Then MS has gone way too far. :laugh: I guess I could upgrade to 1 GB RAM though, but not a new system. :wacko:

cuz it looks ugly, bloated and xp is doing a fine job for me? i'd rather use 2003 than longhorn.

You haven't even seen it yet?

Unless you're talking about the now abandoned look since the little we've seen of the 5xxx builds.

I'll wait with my judgement until the RTM version myself, not a crappy alpha.

You haven't even seen it yet?

Unless you're talking about the now abandoned look since the little we've seen of the 5xxx builds.

I'll wait with my judgement until the RTM version myself, not a crappy alpha.

585220702[/snapback]

of course i have, there's creamhackered and winbeta...don't cast your verdict that fast.

Hell no. I don't get overly excited about Windows OSes anyway. I have very few Windows machines. Most of them just sit there running the UD Agent.

cuz it looks ugly, bloated and xp is doing a fine job for me? i'd rather use 2003 than longhorn.

585215352[/snapback]

why is it bloated?

dont see anything more on it then xp

and also, you can theme it, you can use windows classic or luna theme just like 2003

Does anyone know what the System Req's will be?

585220956[/snapback]

In terms of graphics, the specifications are on a sliding scale, depending on what you have, you will get a certain graphics level of the operating system. In terms of processing power that is yet to be known/set afaik, but its not going to be some phenominal speed/level .

Does anyone know what the System Req's will be?

585220956[/snapback]

Until the time comes when you see all the marketing for "Longhorn" then we won't know for sure.

Although remember the XP's min spec? :rofl:

I'm sure I read on ms-watch that Microsoft said something along the lines of:

4-6Ghz Dual core Processor

2GB RAM

256MB Video Card.

But who knows eh? :sleep:

/meh waits

i will kiss microsoft and then i will say WTF when i found it doesn't work on my PC

585221364[/snapback]

:laugh: I think everyone will do that; then we'll all sit here with PCs running Longhorn complaining about the built-in features, the security holes, talking about when the security fixes are coming, and then awaiting the next release of Windows OS.

And just to keep the post inline with the topic, yes I will build a new machine for Longhorn when it comes out, but only because I very much doubt it'll run on anything I could build today with what's available (both components and price) :D

I'm buying a new 64 bit computer with Longhorn Professional x64 Edition when it comes out.