Sony PSP North American Launch Date

What is the psp?

A handheld video game system, PlayStation?Portable (PSP?), three-dimensional-CG games incorporating high-quality, full-motion video similar to PlayStation?2 can be played anytime, anywhere with PSP. PSP is scheduled to be launched in Japan in the end of 2004, followed by the North American and European launches in the spring of 2005.

PSP comes in a black color, with a 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD centered in a sleek ergonomic design with a high-quality finish that fits comfortably in the hands. The dimensions are 170mm x 74mm x 23mm with a weight of 260g. PSP features a high-quality TFT LCD that displays full color (16.77 million colors) on a 480 x 272 pixel high-resolution screen. It also comes complete with the basic functions of a portable player such as built-in stereo speakers, exterior headphone connector, brightness control and sound mode selection. Keys and controls inherit the same operability of PlayStation? and PlayStation 2, familiar to fans all over the world.

PSP also comes equipped with diverse input/output connectors such as USB 2.0, and 802.11b (Wi-Fi) wireless LAN, providing connectivity to various devices in the home and to the wireless network outside. The world of gaming is further enhanced by enabling users to enjoy online gaming, or by connecting multiple PSPs to each other, directly via the wireless network. In addition, software and data can be downloaded through a USB or wireless network onto Memory Stick? PRO Duo. All of these features can be enjoyed on one single system.

psp_screen009.jpg

According to the french psp site www.psp-attitude.com , the PSP launch date for North America will be announced by sony on January 5'th at CES

Link: http://www.psp-attitude.com/news-135-Des_i..._americain.html

Babelfish translation:

From the 5 to next 9 January, Las Vegas will accomodate a new edition of THESE (Consumer Electronic Show). During this living room, the principal actors of the world of the video play present their new products. Sony America will benefit from it to announce information of the launching of the PSP on the American continent. January 5, a press conference will take place moving of the living room like that is done at the time of l'E3. The price, the date of exit and the line-up of the "Day One" will be officialized. According to certain persistent rumours, the giant Electronic Arts would present 6 titles for the portable console made in Sony: FIFA, NFSU Rivals, NBA Street, NFL Street, Tiger Woods and MVP Baseball. Still a few hours, and we will be fixed. For l'Europe, any advertisement n'est made for the moment.

Notice that on the sites main page, this info is not marked as a rumor. The site seems pretty reputable. So what do you folks think?

Also, they have a 100% completed savegames of ridge racer and lumines available for dow:woot: :woot: ...for the lucky few who have imported/or live in Japan

Links here:

http://www.psp-attitude.com/news-129-_Excl...es_de_jeux.html

It also seems that they have a repack of the 3gp converter which is widely used for converting videos into a psp acceptable (mpeg 4 I believe) format. The repack looks like a more clean version of the original 3gp converter version .22 and can be found here:

http://www.psp-attitude.com/article-6-Guid...video.html#null

Another site claiming January 5th:

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/news3/new.asp?newID=33

Edited by Alpha2004

Lol announcing the date of the announcement of the date.

585227112[/snapback]

Yeah, I clicked the thread from the mainpage, was all excited, then saw the subtitle "To be announced on..."...lmao. What a letdown.

Yeah, I clicked the thread from the mainpage, was all excited, then saw the subtitle "To be announced on..."...lmao.  What a letdown.

585227119[/snapback]

well, if this proves true then only 2 days till you know for sure :p

I already have my jap psp and its great, I sure hope it plays NA games like it claims to be region free for the money that I spent.