Moss TD dance

and where is that word?  :rolleyes:

585264584[/snapback]

nah thats ok, i'd rather not be banned.

he is pretty classless though. don't worry, they won't make the super bowl.

bah, they will get rolled on by phila.

585264210[/snapback]

You are right.. but I think it would be funny if they beat Philly, the reason is it's because of Philly they are in the playoffs to begin with.

nah thats ok, i'd rather not be banned. 

585265106[/snapback]

Right, now you are a martyr in the middle of a fascist enviroment!

I couldnt care less if they make to the superbowl, but saying that the dance was uncalled is ignoring the fact that the GB fans bashing Moss are morons too.

He was just defending himself.

I didn't like the dance. Uncalled for or not. I don't like all that stuff I don't mind a little something, but you have to remember when someone scores someone else got beat and that shows no class to act like that. A little is to be expected, but I've seen a lot of over board stuff last few years... and worse is TO's. I don't mean I think they should walk into the endzone and act like nothing happened, but someone else is feeling bad enough about being on the other end of that. No need to be a jerk and rub it in thier face. Maybe some fans deserved it..but did every fan and every Packer player???? It's the ones that don't deserve it that it's going to bother anyway.. you think the fans that gave him a hard time care what he did? This is only my point of view.. it doesn't reflect how I feel about the people here that express other points of view.

We all know he was just defending himself, but is that really the best way to defend yourself, by giving a classless public display? It's no secret that Green Bay fans are very devoted, but we're losing sight of the idea of the game; it's entertainment, and the players are the performers. We saw a similar event not too long ago in the NBA, where players were attacking a rowdy crowd, I don't see any difference here, im glad nobody got hurt but this had the potential to stir up some physical violence.

You can't defend people performing in something that connotates the sort of relationship we observe in Football (Heroes and Villains), in such events as this, where in this case a 'villain', has gone so far as to do this kind of demonstration. This is on live television, this one broadcasted on local television for me, and it's likely to rub onto the children.

Finally, I was offended myself, people do a lot of stupid things, and I really think he should be fined and suspended.

All things being said, the act of "mooning" wasn't taken too seriously back in the 60's in the States and probably shouldn't now. But my concern, is a popular role model taking revenge upon a public and doing it on tv. Role models should display decorum, because they reflect on all of us.

For being such a "police" country, we're pretty soft when violence isn't physically inflicted.

We all know he was just defending himself, but is that really the best way to defend yourself, by giving a classless public display? It's no secret that Green Bay fans are very devoted, but we're losing sight of the idea of the game; it's entertainment, and the players are the performers. We saw a similar event not too long ago in the NBA, where players were attacking a rowdy crowd, I don't see any difference here, im glad nobody got hurt but this had the potential to stir up some physical violence.

You can't defend people performing in something that connotates the sort of relationship we observe in Football (Heroes and Villains), in such events as this, where in this case  a 'villain', has gone so far as to do this kind of demonstration. This is on live television, this one broadcasted on local television for me, and it's likely to rub onto the children.

Finally, I was offended myself, people do a lot of stupid things, and I really think he should be fined and suspended.

All things being said, the act of "mooning" wasn't taken too seriously back in the 60's in the States and probably shouldn't now. But my concern, is a popular role model taking revenge upon a public and doing it on tv. Role models should display decorum, because they reflect on all of us.

For being such a "police" country, we're pretty soft when violence isn't physically inflicted.

585265319[/snapback]

The "role model" card is old and, honestly, just plain silly.

These men are famous, stars if you want to use that term, but that doesnt imply that ney need to be role models. Is their life after all. Saying that the role model role is impossed to such persons is saying that "political correctness" is their only choice. USA is supposed to be a free and democratic country.

As talented as Moss its sad that he doesnt have class. Yes the moon thing was funny i hate green bay fans as much as the next guy/girl, but leaving the field when your one of the main focal points of team is arrogant. He is supposed to be a team leader, but he does that kinda stuff. Its sad :cry: yet he is very talented

I thought the Randy Moss celebration was awesome! Besides, he has to pick up the slack for T.O.'s celebrations since he is injured!

Just so everyone knows

1. I hate the Vikings

2. I hate Randy Moss, although I respect his ability

3. I have no particular attachment to the Packers

With that being said I think what Moss did was stupid, immature, and pathetic. However, I can't rationalize why all the telecasters where making such a big deal about it. To me it really wasn't any worse than any other touchdown celebration. If you want Randy Moss to stop doing stupid things like that your job is clear, don't let him get in the end zone.

ESPN's showing class again.. these guys are awesome. They didn't show it on Primetime.. true class.. as I would hardly call it a highlight.

PS... just for info I'm NOT a Green Bay fan so it's not because it happen to my team that I think it was classless.

I think a lot of you don't quite understand the animosity of the vikings against the packers and vice verse. This might be one of the most despised rivalries around.

Anyone has the clip, Post it. I think it's funny as all get out.

sorry but NOTHING TO has done has been as bad as what randy did. when TO does his dances or the sharpies thats one thing but i dont think any of his gestures save the one where he ripped down those signs was direct toward the fans. fake or not but thats as bad as him grabbing his crotch and gesturing toward the fans.

I think a lot of you don't quite understand the animosity of the vikings against the packers and vice verse.  This might be one of the most despised rivalries around.

Anyone has the clip, Post it.  I think it's funny as all get out.

585265418[/snapback]

here's a picture of it...

112474985225.jpg

i love Moss .... he's so good and actually a team player unlike that A**hole T.O. :crazy: :no:

585264144[/snapback]

Moss is not a team player by any stretch. Nice of him to leave the field before the game is over in Week 17 :whistle: . I personaly don't care for him, but who cares about a stupid end zone dance. The guys on TV are making a big deal out of nothing :rolleyes: .

Moss is a great receiver, but you have to be blind to believe that he's a team player. A team player doesn't take plays off; Randy already admitted that he did (or at least that's what I heard on ESPN). That's not at eam player by any stretch of the imagination.

That said, I just kinda rolled my eyes when he did that. I'm glad he was "enthused" that he scored a touchdown (is it just me, or is he throwing that word around like he just learned it) that pretty much iced the game and while on a bum ankle, but that was just idiotic.

He could've pretended to do the Lambeau Leap or something; that would've been cooler to me. There's lots of ways to celebrate a touchdown and razz the fans, and he picked the most infantile way to do it. I think that's the problem that a lot of people have with it.

And besides, this is on the tail end of him, on national television, telling everybody if he doesn't know whether his coach is the right coach for the team. Team solidarity? :no: Not from Randy.

And then there's that whole walking off the field bit. While unlikely, isn't it at least possible that the Vikings could've recovered the ball and gotten a play off?

I think a lot of you don't quite understand the animosity of the vikings against the packers and vice verse.  This might be one of the most despised rivalries around.

Anyone has the clip, Post it.  I think it's funny as all get out.

585265418[/snapback]

i am from MN and a Vikes fan, and i can attest to how powerfull this "grudge" is between MN and WI. i have friends that refuse to talk sports, or even watch a game with me(even if it isn't MN or GB) and i heard on the news that GB fan pulled a gun on a MN fan this weekend...

it is tense :)

He's a moron, plain and simple. This kind of crap has been going on ever since Florida State recruited him and years later he's still doing the same garbage.

You may try and compare Terrell Owens to Randy Moss on the field, but TO has not once been in trouble off it. He was a model citizen out here in California when he was in San Francisco and I haven't heard anything negative about him in Philly.

If Florida State doesn't want you...well, there's your answer as to what type of person Randy Moss really is :ninja:

T.O. does have some good celebrations, but what's with his flappin the wings? It looks all wrong; he should've taken notes from that Raven receiver who did it. His looked better. :p

Yeah, I'm sick of people saying that he's 'as bad' as TO, Owens is mildly entertaining with his celebrations.  Moss is just an ass.

585267471[/snapback]

No, they are both pretty much the same. Maybe it's cause of what he did in Dallas, but what he does goes beyond celebrating. TO is as big a ASS is Moss!!!!

damn if only i got my tivo update already and i could use tivo to go.

i could encode a video of it. i captured it live and got it on my box :(

ill update as soon as i can pull it. i am trying to force download like 3 times a day.