Moss TD dance

Unfortunately, theres not much you can do to prevent certain measures like this happening. Going back to the whole thing with Artest, you can't do much to prevent that, it just happens. I understand what point you're trying to make, and sadly enough, every group has its bad seeds. Not every player in any professional level sport is classy and perfect. You're going to have your Terrell Owens, your Ron Artest, your Stephen Jackson, etc. The fans are paying for a ticket to go to the game, not to yell whatever obsenity they chose to at any given player. Would you want to bring your kid to a game knowing full well that something like that could happen?

Edit: In regards to Matrix's comment -> Moss is one of the best, if not the best receiver in the NFL right now. Thats why he makes an obscene amount of money. You may think he's a moron, but I remember correctly, he graduated high school and college.

Shaq and Peyton wouldn't do that because they have class. Randy Moss is severely lacking in this department.

585273234[/snapback]

Yeah Shaq and Peyton are way more mature. Even though I still refer to Shaq as the "Diesel" lol.

well look here, a moss wanna be.. LOL

585277777[/snapback]

i didn't see him drop his drawers though ;)

seriously, i still don't get what the big deal is. even with the whole kids arguement. every 7 year old kid knows what mooning is. if your kid seeing an athlete on tv moon somebody is gonna scar him, or have some weird affect on him, then i'd start to question your parenting ability. and like illinipi said, i don't think anybody know what he was doing the first time they saw it. i bet 99% of the kids who were actually watching it had no clue either.

It's not a big deal and like someone mentioned earlier, Tony Dungy found it "kind of humorous". Are you guys going to start saying Tony "lacks class" for thinking it was funny? I love how the Fox guys said it was a classless act and some of you are just regurgitating their whining back to us as your own thoughts. When did being a football player mean you had to be classy? Let's get a bunch of ex-football player football commentators on TV and listen to them cry about this when it's not even a big deal... Then let's all repeat what they say because we also have no minds. Sounds fun to me.

i didn't see him drop his drawers though ;)

seriously, i still don't get what the big deal is.  even with the whole kids arguement.  every 7 year old kid knows what mooning is.  if your kid seeing an athlete on tv moon somebody is gonna scar him, or have some weird affect on him, then i'd start to question your parenting ability.  and like illinipi said, i don't think anybody know what he was doing the first time they saw it.  i bet 99% of the kids who were actually watching it had no clue either.

585277809[/snapback]

I don't want to see it either.. no thanks. :p

thats one other thing. when i think of a classy sport, football is the last one that comes to mind.

now whats funny, if any of you are tennis fans, do you remember a year ago when marat safan, mooned the crowd, and actually dropped his drawers? and this is the ATP tour we are talking about, probably the most stuck up tour, maybe besides the PGA. i think the only punishment marat got was a fine.

thats one other thing.? when i think of a classy sport, football is the last one that comes to mind.?

now whats funny, if any of you are tennis fans, do you remember a year ago when marat safan, mooned the crowd, and actually dropped his drawers?? and this is the ATP tour we are talking about, probably the most stuck up tour, maybe besides the PGA.? i think the only punishment marat got was a fine.

585280637[/snapback]

Exactly? we watch football players hitting each other as hard as they can and getting up and pushing each other around when mad over the smallest things but then one wide receiver leans over and drops his hands down by his legs and people are shocked and in awe. What has the world come to when men rightfully so try to kill each other on a 100 yard field but then one of them pretends to do something after making a touchdown? dear God, save us a:rolleyes:olleyes:

if i had a kid and he emulated randy moss i would be happy...

we need more kids PRETENDING to moon, and less kids actually mooning me :p

there are way more objectional things hidden in KIDS SHOWS. that are there for the parents to laugh at

point being that if the kid is old enough to understand it, chances are they know about it anyways.

Excellent point, mick0142. Ever watched The Simpsons, or Futurama? Ever caught any of the shows on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network)? I think that the distinction should be made between cartoons (for kiddies), and animated shows (which can be for kiddies or adults).

Randy acted an ass, but he didn't show his ass. Green Bay fans do. Knowing the backstory, I'm not even that mad. It was a dumb thing to do, but Randy's set precedent for doing dumb things.

did anyone else notice that the attitude in the NFC is totally different to that of the AFC?

kind of funny, considering some ridiculous teams in the NFC made the playoffs. and last time i checked, the vikings weren't that great....it's just not a challenge to win in the NFC.

did anyone else notice that the attitude in the NFC is totally different to that of the AFC?

kind of funny, considering some ridiculous teams in the NFC made the playoffs.  and last time i checked, the vikings weren't that great....it's just not a challenge to win in the NFC.

585282875[/snapback]

:huh:

the dance was awesome. and yeah, green bay fans do suck. i watched the game with a packers fan. i was pulling for the vikings because i wanted to play st louis next week, and he was whining like a little kid any time anything bad happened or i said the slightest thing in favor of minnesota. Then theres another guy on the falcons message boards that loves the packers when they play well, but as soon as they lose or screw something up he turns on the team in a heartbeat. not saying theyre all like that, but most every one ive met is.

585264304[/snapback]

ATL all the way :D

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota's Randy Moss was fined $10,000 Thursday by the NFL for unsportsmanlike conduct during the celebration of his fourth-quarter touchdown catch last week in which he pretended to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/n...tory?id=1966180

Yeah, but the difference is that everybody loves Jake Plummer, and he doesn't have such as... illustrious a track record as Randy does. :p

Besides, he was charged $5,000 per cheek. Seems reasonable enough to me.