What do you drive?

Don't have it yet but as soon as I pass my test it will be one of these:

Volkswagen Golf 1.9 TDi Final Edition

post-58341-1140629736.jpg

post-58341-1140629747.jpg

post-58341-1140629837.jpg

post-58341-1140629847.jpg

Um. insured on a 1.9TDi after you pass your test... Um. No.

unless Daddy/Mummy is paying for it or you are 25+ and just a lamer for not passing your test already :p

do you have another angle of the car? i want to see the front more, it looks really nice.

Who? Me?

Who? Me?

lol.. no.. i meant Stevieboy84

i've seen a few Seat's that come from mexico.. but i never seen this one.. but i think the badge in the rear is way too big.

lol.. no.. i meant Stevieboy84

i've seen a few Seat's that come from mexico.. but i never seen this one.. but i think the badge in the rear is way too big.

LMAO! Oh... :blush:

What is so bad about GM cars? I have heard you say something about them a few times. Inform me please!

Um. insured on a 1.9TDi after you pass your test... Um. No.

unless Daddy/Mummy is paying for it or you are 25+ and just a lamer for not passing your test already :p

Golf TDI's are only Group 10 so not exactly a bank buster..

I was insured on my Corrado (which was group 18) at 21.. and yeah it was incredibly expensive but I was able to shoulder the cost myself as ma and pa didn't believe in 'hand outs' :)

Hey, yeah of course, will attatch some now!

It's a sexy car, not seen too mnay on the road which is cool.

Neowin being slow atm hence delayed reply!

post-37429-1147107433_thumb.jpgpost-37429-1147107482_thumb.jpg

post-37429-1147107506_thumb.jpg

very appealing car Stevieboy84.. i like the front end a lot.

LMAO! Oh... :blush:

What is so bad about GM cars? I have heard you say something about them a few times. Inform me please!

the NEW malibu and impala are the only exception.

if there are any cars i have ever driven or ridden in that were so cheap, it'd be a GM.

let first go through the list of our family's GM cars. between 1990 - 2003

Chevrolet Caprice

Pontiac Bonneville

Pontiac GrandPrix

Buick Park Avenue

Oldsmobile 88

Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme

Chevrolet Suberban

Chevrolet Blazer

Saturn SL2

Pontiac GrandAm

Pontiac GrandPrix

Chevrolet TrailBlazer

GMC Envoy

i swear, none of those cars made it past 40,000 miles.

the Envoy is a 2003 top of the line model, its been recalled 7 times, and the side view electic mirrors are not repairable. they move on their own. not to mention the center console broke off the bottom part, whatever was holding it together and it just shakes and vibrates all the time. the numbering on the radio have worn off and some of the buttons have come off or dont' operate. the seating memory changes whenever it feels like it. its got about 28K miles on it.. again, like the rest of them, i don't see it going past 40K.

have you ever been to the zoo and they have those machines where you put in a quarter and you stand there for 30 seconds watching the machine make this really cheap plastic molding of a dinosaur?

thats what the interior of GM cars feel and look like to me. you can't get any worse than that.

those new 07 models that finally made an improvement... they're still somewhere back in the 1980's on par with the old BMW interiors. (thats not a compliment)

very appealing car Stevieboy84.. i like the front end a lot.

the NEW malibu and impala are the only exception.

if there are any cars i have ever driven or ridden in that were so cheap, it'd be a GM.

let first go through the list of our family's GM cars. between 1990 - 2003

Chevrolet Caprice

Pontiac Bonneville

Pontiac GrandPrix

Buick Park Avenue

Oldsmobile 88

Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme

Chevrolet Suberban

Chevrolet Blazer

Saturn SL2

Pontiac GrandAm

Pontiac GrandPrix

Chevrolet TrailBlazer

GMC Envoy

i swear, none of those cars made it past 40,000 miles.

the Envoy is a 2003 top of the line model, its been recalled 7 times, and the side view electic mirrors are not repairable. they move on their own. not to mention the center console broke off the bottom part, whatever was holding it together and it just shakes and vibrates all the time. the numbering on the radio have worn off and some of the buttons have come off or dont' operate. the seating memory changes whenever it feels like it. its got about 28K miles on it.. again, like the rest of them, i don't see it going past 40K.

have you ever been to the zoo and they have those machines where you put in a quarter and you stand there for 30 seconds watching the machine make this really cheap plastic molding of a dinosaur?

thats what the interior of GM cars feel and look like to me. you can't get any worse than that.

those new 07 models that finally made an improvement... they're still somewhere back in the 1980's on par with the old BMW interiors. (thats not a compliment)

Okay cool, didnt see Impala on your list. Now my Impala has over 100,000 miles and still runs great. Great response on the pedal. As soon as I hit the gas the car jerks forward in a good way. I found out what was making the car jerk (The BAD jerk I posted about a while ago), I needed to change the oil. Now I think I have electrical problems so thats about my only problem. The interior is very roomy especially the back seat... :shifty: I am 6'6 and I have been able to move around back there pretty easily. Now I agree, some parts ARE cheap and I can feel that. The radio buttons do wear off but thats why I am replacing it. Fuel economy is OKAY. Besides the electrical problem that I am pretty sure I have, the car is great!

But I guess there are some exceptions. I just change out whatever I dont like to be honest...

the back seat? i didnt know back seats came in different positive styling.

cheap material? :laugh: for someone who rides in a GM (escalade) vehicle shouldn't be talking about cheap materials. thats rule #1.

the dome things? i believe those are what you call map lights and a compartment to carry your sunglasses.. i'm just guessing though.. :rolleyes: the sun affecting the driver.. i think thats what the sun visors are for.. they didn't put them there for looks, they're actually functional, you fold them down.. or open that little compartment next to the map light to pull out your sunglasses. :)

if the tail pipe bothered me so much i would've bought some chrome tips for $20... :sleep:

you don't want me to start talking about how the car you ride in is put to geather

especially at this time. :hmmm:

Ill fight you on this one. Have you sat in the the 2007 escalade? Have you seen the quality of the materials that are put into the new truck?

The dome thing that im talking about is this:

cluster2tk.jpg

thats just ugly, and it looks like it was put there last minute the shade the gages from the sun so the driver can have a clear vision of them. Why should you have to pay to put a chrome tip on the tailpipe if it should have been there in the first place.

Find one body gap on the new escalade, well besides where the door closes because they cant do anything about that.

LeftSide.jpg

And if your going to talk about how a car is put to geather then look at this vehicle for example:

Dash.jpg

Or how about this:

Dash-lg.jpg

maby this:

Dash.jpg

Ill even go one step further. Why can infiniti get it right, but nissan cant....

Dash.jpg

Edited by goodcase

If you think the nissan looks bad... then take a look at the 99-05 Grand AM's dash... because its gauges are even more recessed.

I personally like the styling... (thats what it is) with the altimas dash... and grand ams too.

i get about 55mpg, but it doesnt perform like a corrolla ;) plus they rape u on the fuel here in uk.. about ?1/litre now for diesel!! (aroung $1.5 per litre or $7 per gallon.. dunno what u work in over there)

If you think the nissan looks bad... then take a look at the 99-05 Grand AM's dash... because its gauges are even more recessed.

I personally like the styling... (thats what it is) with the altimas dash... and grand ams too.

the not the gages that bother me, its the things that cover them, I think the gauges are at the proper level, just the rounded off cover looks out of place and cheap.

the not the gages that bother me, its the things that cover them, I think the gauges are at the proper level, just the rounded off cover looks out of place and cheap.

"Motorcycle-Inspired Gauges

Altima's gauges, inspired by high performance motor cycles and trimmed with chrome, not only look great, they're made for easy reading ? thanks to the high-visibility orange graphics and the glare-reducing "scoop" style of the fine vision meters. Certain Altimas are also equipped with a trip computer. It can tell you the outside temperature, your average speed, driving time, average mpg, distance to empty, and driving time. It also features two trip odometers. And on SE-R, there's a center-mounted 3-gauge cluster, similar to the Z?, that indicates voltage, oil pressure, and fuel consumption. "

I think the guages look pretty good.

Ill fight you on this one. Have you sat in the the 2007 escalade? Have you seen the quality of the materials that are put into the new truck?

The dome thing that im talking about is this:

thats just ugly, and it looks like it was put there last minute the shade the gages from the sun so the driver can have a clear vision of them. Why should you have to pay to put a chrome tip on the tailpipe if it should have been there in the first place.

Find one body gap on the new escalade, well besides where the door closes because they cant do anything about that.

first, go read this

i too have the gap at the door (thought not as bad) that thing isn't thrown on last minute. as Ron21 said below.

i've sat in the escalade i've messed with the instruments. i've felt how cheap it is. tell me, did cadillac hire doctors and orthopedics to help them design their car seats? where to place the foot pedals?

the answer is no, but nissan did.

honostly, if that escalade was selling for $25K well equipped (which it should be) then i'd say you're almost getting your money's worth.

if you don't like the way it looks then thats fine, but there's a purpose to it. would you say the same about the 2002 model? or the lexus GS model? or the maxima? or the GrandAm? or the Matrix? or the Vibe? or the beetle?

besides, you ride in an SUV, i don't recall any SUV's that have a bulging guage panel like cars do. even the ford SUV's have those chrome rings, but it wouldn't make sense to put a cover over those now would it?.

your opinion of its looks does not make sense.. would it look better without it?

the facts are right infront of you, don't ignore them.

i drive a car, you ride in an SUV.. thats great, but don't try and compare gold and aluminum because my car would last 50 times over in the condition its currently in without having any interior parts fall/break/crack/etc. AND still have a higher resale value (with half the cost compared to your ride).

"Motorcycle-Inspired Gauges

Altima's gauges, inspired by high performance motor cycles and trimmed with chrome, not only look great, they're made for easy reading ? thanks to the high-visibility orange graphics and the glare-reducing "scoop" style of the fine vision meters. Certain Altimas are also equipped with a trip computer. It can tell you the outside temperature, your average speed, driving time, average mpg, distance to empty, and driving time. It also features two trip odometers. And on SE-R, there's a center-mounted 3-gauge cluster, similar to the Z?, that indicates voltage, oil pressure, and fuel consumption. "

I think the guages look pretty good.

first, go read this

i too have the gap at the door (thought not as bad) that thing isn't thrown on last minute. as Ron21 said below.

i've sat in the escalade i've messed with the instruments. i've felt how cheap it is. tell me, did cadillac hire doctors and orthopedics to help them design their car seats? where to place the foot pedals?

the answer is no, but nissan did.

honostly, if that escalade was selling for $25K well equipped (which it should be) then i'd say you're almost getting your money's worth.

if you don't like the way it looks then thats fine, but there's a purpose to it. would you say the same about the 2002 model? or the lexus GS model? or the maxima? or the GrandAm? or the Matrix? or the Vibe? or the beetle?

besides, you ride in an SUV, i don't recall any SUV's that have a bulging guage panel like cars do. even the ford SUV's have those chrome rings, but it wouldn't make sense to put a cover over those now would it?.

your opinion of its looks does not make sense.. would it look better without it?

the facts are right infront of you, don't ignore them.

i drive a car, you ride in an SUV.. thats great, but don't try and compare gold and aluminum because my car would last 50 times over in the condition its currently in without having any interior parts fall/break/crack/etc. AND still have a higher resale value (with half the cost compared to your ride).

wtf does ergonomics have to do with anything that we are talking about. I simply pointed out that i dont like the way that nissan did the gages on the car, do you think i care if it was "motercycle inspired" cause i dont. And you do realize that not everybody is built the same right, so hireing doctors and orthopedics wasnt really nessacary because even it it helps with the pedal placement ect for the selected group of people. It wont help everybody else that may or may not have a phyiscal ailment.

Did nissan hire and get the input of many famous celebrities and music icons to design there vehicle? Let me check...NO! Cadillac did this to meet the expectations of the people who can afford to buy one. Not the people who critisize them.

Ya, personally, all of those cars are ugly, I probably would never buy one.

How can you say that the interior parts will fall/break/crack/etc. Thats the one of your points that boggles my mind. If you were to look at the silver coloured material in the middle of the car, you would realize that that is just a think coat of paint. Where as the silver colour in the escalades dash, is in fact real metal. As for the quality of buttons and what not, I will put my life on the line to guareentee that the buttons in the escalade are better quality then those of the Nissa Altima.

Since you removed the badge's on your car im going to assume that its amung the top end of the altima's, so thats $36,100.00 CND, The escalade is $91,210 CND. Now, im not just throwing prices in the mix. But Im just saying that there is something about the two vehicles that would create a $55,000 dollar difference.

Now are you emphisizing the fact that i ride in it because its not mine and i dont own it? Because in the near future i do see my self partaking in the purchase of a SAAB 95. Not bad for a first car wouldnt you say.

Nothing is going to change our oppinions, so why dont we just stop the argument, and agree that we both dont like each others vehicles?

Edited by goodcase

my nissan is not top of the line, it is one above the base model. you get what you pay for, i know those chrome things are plastic, thats why i call it "plome" you can't compare an escalade to my nissan. my car's sticker price was 19,860. of coarse your caddy is going to have better options and better substitutes, such as the real metal pieces, but that doesn't mean it's built better or that those parts will last longer than my nissan's plastic substitutes.

i said erogonomics because of they you expressed your opinion towards it.. i was trying to point out that its not something that gets added on last minute.. i don't know, the opinion just seemed..... unintelligent... saying it was to cover the sun's glare doesn't make sense either, because the guages are recessed in already, the sun won't get to it with or without the cover thing on top.

with that said, i hope that your cadillac will be reliable and keep you happy for the many miles to come...

that is the end of my arguement. :p

that is until i get my 2007 altima.. IF..

and saab's are ugly over-priced GM cars :p :rofl:

my nissan is not top of the line, it is one above the base model. you get what you pay for, i know those chrome things are plastic, thats why i call it "plome" you can't compare an escalade to my nissan. my car's sticker price was 19,860. of coarse your caddy is going to have better options and better substitutes, such as the real metal pieces, but that doesn't mean it's built better or that those parts will last longer than my nissan's plastic substitutes.

i said erogonomics because of they you expressed your opinion towards it.. i was trying to point out that its not something that gets added on last minute.. i don't know, the opinion just seemed..... unintelligent... saying it was to cover the sun's glare doesn't make sense either, because the guages are recessed in already, the sun won't get to it with or without the cover thing on top.

with that said, i hope that your cadillac will be reliable and keep you happy for the many miles to come...

that is the end of my arguement. :p

that is until i get my 2007 altima.. IF..

and saab's are ugly over-priced GM cars :p :rofl:

its like compairing the Detroit Redwings to the Pittsburg Penguins, it just doesnt work. Im sorry to hear about your car though, thats gotta be a beyatch. The 95 is pre GM, so it has the sweedish engeenering in it, so thats why i like it.

• 3 weeks later...