What do you drive?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my new Mazda2 Sport yesterday. Haven't even had a chance to drive around in it properly yet but what I have done so far is superb. It replaces a 1.1l Peugeot 106.

My Mazda2 has a 1498cc 16v engine with 103bhp. It's got a whole load of gadgets in there; electric fold in mirrors, climate control, auto lights, auto wipers, Auxillary MP3 port, cruise control. It's pretty neat.

I just went out and took some pictures if anyone is interested. For the poster above, I think the Mazda2 looks better than the Mazda3, but that will be getting an updated look soon anyway.

Outside:

CIMG1303.jpg

CIMG1312.jpg

CIMG1304.jpg

CIMG1309.jpg

CIMG1310.jpg

CIMG1300.jpg

Inside:

CIMG1315.jpg

CIMG1316.jpg

CIMG1320.jpg

CIMG1324.jpg

Cheers Wildies, she is my baby, driven 120 miles in her now and boy is she fast, well, anything is compared to my old Peugeot 106, but yeah, 60mph in 2nd gear.... I should really be running the engine in!! No problems at all yet... well, maybe the automatic rain sensor could be a bit better, but I don't like to pick :D

Going for a long country drive tomorrow to see some old mates. Looking forward to that.

Cheers Wildies, she is my baby, driven 120 miles in her now and boy is she fast, well, anything is compared to my old Peugeot 106, but yeah, 60mph in 2nd gear.... I should really be running the engine in!!

I'm always curious to know why people just can't wait 1,000 miles to let the engine get run in properly rather than ruining it from day one! :(

I'm always curious to know why people just can't wait 1,000 miles to let the engine get run in properly rather than ruining it from day one! :(

I did get carried away, I was a bit disappointed with myself afterwards.

That said, in the literature it doesn't say that running in the engine is important. For the next 400 miles I wil be taking it easy though. I've heard that its more harming to run your engine at a constant speed for a long period of time.

Edited by cashman

Chicane, the running in is overrated nowadays. With modern diesels just make sure you don't exceed 3000 rpm and you're fine. We had an Audi A6 2.0 TDI here for a while and, rest assured, you won't even push it above 3000 rpm. The running in was something serious back then but nowadays, just take a little care and make sure your engine is warm before pulling any luncatic tricks.

OT: About 2 more months to go and I can pick up my new beauty.

with fuel prices the way they are , i should upload a picture before i loose the car :D

anyway, photo is a little old (few months old)

so add a few bumper marks (european women drivers cant seem to drive without ruining YOUR paintjob :(

post-57986-1213722996_thumb.jpg

I picked up my new Mazda2 Sport yesterday. Haven't even had a chance to drive around in it properly yet but what I have done so far is superb. It replaces a 1.1l Peugeot 106.

My Mazda2 has a 1498cc 16v engine with 103bhp. It's got a whole load of gadgets in there; electric fold in mirrors, climate control, auto lights, auto wipers, Auxillary MP3 port, cruise control. It's pretty neat.

I just went out and took some pictures if anyone is interested. For the poster above, I think the Mazda2 looks better than the Mazda3, but that will be getting an updated look soon anyway.

Outside:

Inside:

Damn that's a sweet looking car, looks lovely. Pretty quick as well, so small as well so brilliant around the Town/City! ;)

2006 Dodge RAM 2500 Laramie Edition

5.9 Liter Cummins Diesel

Crew Cab

Easily the best auto purchase I've ever made -- the only one I didn't have buyer's remorse afterward.

Edited by azcodemonkey

Nice but it needs bigger wheels and that's no understatement. ;)

I thought about it, but I'd rather put money into other things, like a spray in bed liner, chip it, maybe new exhaust, definitely remote start alarm system. I'm not much of an aesthetics guy when it comes to vehicles. It's going to get beat up when I get my house built and get a dirt bike. :D

LOL yeah, there's that. I only commute about 6 miles a day, so I fill up once a month. $150 to fill up kind of sucks.

$150!? :blink: Wow...and I thought almost 60 Bucks for my 2003 Acura 3.2 TL was a lot of money....

$150!? :blink: Wow...and I thought almost 60 Bucks for my 2003 Acura 3.2 TL was a lot of money....

I have a 32 gallon tank. I'm looking into biodiesel, so hopefully, in the not too distant future, I'll be paying around $0.80-$1.50 per gallon.

Never posted a pic of my latest car, and there are too many Europeans here (haha) so you guys didn't really like my Cobra, so here ya go, here's the new ride:

img0816if6.jpg

bmw8gy5.jpg