Mixing Dynamic and Static IPs

I need my computer to always get the same IP from the router (Linksys WRT54G)

The other PC/devices need DHCP.

Can I mix both on the same network? Set up my PC with a static IP and everything else set up w/ dhcp?

Any problems?

thanks

Should not be a problem. On my network, I have a span of addresses for dynamic, and my server has a static address outside the range. That way I guarantee that the routers dhcp server will not try to give out an IP address that is already in use.

Yes, mixing is fine, as long as you don't assign a static address that is in the same range as the dynamic addresses. Such as, if you want the router to use addresses between 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.30 for DHCP, assign the static address to something like 192.168.0.9, or anything out of the specified range.

Another option, I don't if it's available with your router, is that some routers let you specify a MAC address and choose an IP address that the NIC with that MAC address should always receive.

Another option, I don't if it's available with your router, is that some routers let you specify a MAC address and choose an IP address that the NIC with that MAC address should always receive.

585296612[/snapback]

Yep... My Astaro box does that. I also have the first 98 addresses for static. ie. 10.1.0.100 - 10.1.0.254 as DHCP leases.