HUGE fricking comet!

lol nothing ever hits earth... the atmosphere and our poluted ozone will defend us :D besides, its got another 6 planets to go threw, and a few moons before it gets close to earth :p

Heh, cool, seems my astronomy simulator (Starry Night Pro 4.5) works right then :)

Didn't know about this, but noticed it yesterday...

Attaching a screenshot... (color depth lowered to 8 bits)

A cool thing about it is that you can watch the sky from any celestial body you wish... Mars, Moon, Pluto, another star, a nebula, you name it ;) You can also travel to anywhere in its database; hundreds of thousands of objects. You can e.g. watch Earth from a moon on Mars or whatever. :D Not trying to advertise it, I just find it to be a cool piece of software. Celestia is another one that's free, and not too bad either. ;) (although it doesn't have real time data, so not sure if it has this comet in its database)

post-21023-1106000318_thumb.jpg

Heh, cool, seems my astronomy simulator (Starry Night Pro 4.5) works right then :)

Didn't know about this, but noticed it yesterday...

Attaching a screenshot... (color depth lowered to 8 bits)

A cool thing about it is that you can watch the sky from any celestial body you wish... Mars, Moon, Pluto, another star, a nebula, you name it ;) You can also travel to anywhere in its database; hundreds of thousands of objects. You can e.g. watch Earth from a moon on Mars or whatever. :D Not trying to advertise it, I just find it to be a cool piece of software. Celestia is another one that's free, and not too bad either. ;) (although it doesn't have real time data, so not sure if it has this comet in its database)

585311305[/snapback]

Thats awesome!!! Is that program free?

Ouch, googled it myself, sorry for asking such a stupid question. :$

Who the hell pays $199USD for that? =)

I guess I'll try one of the free ones he suggested ;)

585311387[/snapback]

Their site clearly states "Advanced software for the serious astronomer," not "cheap software for the kid that wants to play around." I think that's well priced for professional science software.

Their site clearly states "Advanced software for the serious astronomer," not "cheap software for the kid that wants to play around." I think that's well priced for professional science software.

585311739[/snapback]

I would pay for it

585311739[/snapback]

Oh, you're right, my bad. Sorry :$