Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

I'm glad I have no interest in the 2005FPW. I do have alot interest in the 2405FPW because of tis 1920x1200 resolution. Basically this monitor will add even more space to my screen and I will not lose any screen space coming from a Dell 2001FP (1600x1200).

585329169[/snapback]

1900x1200 is my current monitor's res, so really you don't get much out of this one. I guess a more blurry image :p

(just trying to justify my purchase whenever I can (not that it can't do it itself!))

More Info found....

BenQ Panel

Regulatory info:

Display - Flat DELL 2405FPW 2405FPW 24 TCO'03 2004-12-10 03:0412:350

Display - Flat DELL 2405FPW 2405FPW 24 TCO'99 2004-12-10 99:0412:2837

Probable Specs:

Navtive Resoultion: 1920X1200 WUXGA

Response time: 12ms (typical)

Contrast Ratio: 1000:1

Brightness: 500cd/m2

Also Includes:

Built in 9-in-1 card reader & a 4 usb 2.0 ports hub.

:o :D

Edited by Steven

OK, I spoke again with Samsung and the only way this would be a BenQ panel is if Samsung sells the glass to BenQ in Taiwan. The glass with the specs above is Samsung. Samsung knows all about the Dell monitor and it's source for the TFT glass is Samsung. If BenQ is involved, it is aquiring the raw panles from Samsung. I believe the Dell panels are being assembled in China. In any case we most likely will see them go on sale soon.

Specifications:

Screen type: Active matrix - TFT LCD

Screen dimensions: 24 inches (24-inch diagonal viewable image size)

Response time: 12ms typical (Grey to Grey) / 16ms typical (Black to White)

Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)

Brightness: 500cd/m2 (typical)

Pixel pitch: 0.270 mm

Optimal preset resolution: Analog : 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz(VESA CVT-R Mode) Digital : 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz(VESA CVT-R Mode)

Highest preset resolution: Analog : 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz(VESA CVT-R Mode) Digital : 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz(VESA CVT-R Mode)

Card Reader can read: SmartMedia Card (SMC), CompactFlash type I/II Card (CF I/II) / MicroDrive (MD), Secure Digital Card (SD) / MultiMediaCard (MMC) / Mini Secure Digital (with Adapter) and Memory Stick Card (MS) / Memory Stick Pro Card (MS PRO) / Memory Stick Duo (with Adapter).

No pricing info still. Probable specs from Steven are correct, just added some more. :)

I want an LCD SOOOOOO bad, but i have no monny bc im 13

i would do anything for one of those

litterly anyting i dont get Jail or death for so pm ;)

g8crash3r,

may I ask where you found those specs :) are they confirmed?

I tell ya if those specs are confirmed, then me buying one of them panels is confirmed. :blink:

g8crash3r,

may I ask where you found those specs :) are they confirmed?

I tell ya if those specs are confirmed, then me buying one of them panels is confirmed.  :blink:

585434144[/snapback]

Those are the specs that Samsung Engineers gave me except they said the grey-grey response on the raw panels was really 8ms.

Thnx for the info man!

So that's gonna be 24 inch with 12-16 ms response times average and 1000:1 contrast!? sounds like the best panel ever made to me... Don't you agree?

insane contrast - sweet response times - awesome resolution and great size, AND the panel is supposed to be affordable.

It's almost too good to believe I'd say, I really can't wait till this thing comes out...

[edit]

wait - didn't you say it WASN'T gonna be a BenQ panel though? those specifications are for a benq panel right - or am I not getting it...

Maybe since ive had such a raw deal with my 2005FPW (had 1 Replacement which was worse then my original which has been taken back, awaiting 2nd replcement) I wonder if Dell would offer me a free upgrade for a such poor Dell 2005FPW's they are sending out.

Maybe since ive had such a raw deal with my 2005FPW (had 1 Replacement which was worse then my original which has been taken back, awaiting 2nd replcement) I wonder if Dell would offer me a free upgrade for a such poor Dell 2005FPW's they are sending out.

585435939[/snapback]

lol, wouldn't that be nice! :laugh:

585435939[/snapback]

Doubt it, you're stuck with your 2005FPW.

Hmm I think the specs above might be wrong, unless someone has absolute proof. I read on another forum that THIS is the panel they're gonna use:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TFTLCD/Mon...M1/LTM240M1.htm

specs were close, but it's 700:1 contrast, nog 1000:1....

585436614[/snapback]

That is old info that has not been updated. Samsung has increased the specs on the raw panels which is where the new info is coming from. They are alos selling the raw 24" panels to any one interested including possibly BEnQ. I have this info directly from the panel manufacturing team at Samsung.

he said at least at what price?

585439885[/snapback]

Yeah, what price? a grand? If so I'm going to have to pass, I already have to build a new PC + buy a Mini Mac so it looks like this won't be happening :(

I wonder if they would somehow let the 2005FPW owners upgrade to the newer one and only pay the difference...  :cry:

585449741[/snapback]

Be nice, but since when do good things like that happen? :(

The only reason I want this instead of just settling with a 2005FPW is because I see people who have had to trade theirs in like seven times or so to get a good one. Hypoxiaicon which number are you on like the third or something? That's crazy.

I'll wait for this monitor and see if I can get it, but first I have to get a Dell 700m..