The Hotfix Depot

@tenchi103, sounds like a useful update but unfortunately its not publically available so no i cant include it.

Hi Blaze,

I assume you have the latest version of the WGA Notification Tool KB905474 (v 1.5.540.0).

However if you do need the installer for this, please shout and I can send it to you.

Kind Regards

Simon

I don't think that 1.5.540.0 is the latest version. I updated it twice since AP June, not once. Try WU/MU and see. If I'm right and you don't have the new module, please don't include the old one. :|

Edited by xyz123

no, i dont knw what the download link is for KB905474, nor any of those other modules you were making PsiMoon314, i think i did ask in a pm but you never said. if you send me a new copy ill chuck it in, its not too late yet (all changes are now done, im just downloading a vb compiler so i can try and make a change to autopatcher.exe).

I checked the wgalogon.dll and I'm totally confused now. If 1.5.540.0 IS the latest version, why I had to update my KB905474 through MU twice since AP June? :dontgetit:

post-161462-1153162076.jpg

Hi Blaze,

no, i dont knw what the download link is for KB905474, nor any of those other modules you were making PsiMoon314, i think i did ask in a pm but you never said. if you send me a new copy ill chuck it in, its not too late yet (all changes are now done, im just downloading a vb compiler so i can try and make a change to autopatcher.exe).

Apologies, I thought I had given you the details before.

The update itself comes via WU/MU and the download link was recorded in my WindowsUpdate.log file.

KB905474

This technique works for lots of updates such as Windows Defender etc if you want the direct download.

Regards

Simon

^ i know, i was going to do it but when i installed the new copy i couldnt find any registry entry to identify it from the original. i thought it was better to keep the extra update.

Hi Blaze,

Without the need for me to check does KB917344 leave any traces in the registry when installed?

If so you could then assume that BOTH this and Windows Script 5.6 are installed.

If Windows Script 5.6 is not installed (as on a new SP2 install) then you could then use the combined installer to save a little time.

This would mean having both the combined installer and KB917344 seperately for upgrades, so it would not save storage space, but might save a little time.

This is similar to the situatation now with the .NET 1.1 installer which has seperate hotfixes included which are often needed for seperate upgrades.

Kind Regards

Simon

yes 917344 leaves traces behind. if the new installer combining 917344 also adds those registry entries, that would solve the problem, i can use 917344's detection and ill check that for the next release.

1 thing I just noticed: under Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP1, it states

With DirectX 9.0c, and .Net 2.0 (+ KB922481)
. I just needs to state
With .Net 2.0 (+ KB922481)
as SP1 includes DirectX 9.0c.

the_guy

M$ releases new DirectX packages every 2 months or so, but Blaze once said that that packages are too big (I think ~30 MB) for AP if you already have 9.0c.

Too bad. :(

I don;t get it, how can they be big if you slipstream them into main directX 9.0c??

Editing a module each 2 months? It would be easier to make new modules every 2 months. Maybe not easier, but less complicated. But that would make Update releases way bigger...

:(