The Hotfix Depot

New update for XP SP2: KB927544 - FIX: You cannot create an AVI file that is larger than approximately 512 GB, and you cannot play back an AVI file that is larger than approximately 800 GB by using DirectX

Replaces KB919071.

Also, look at the tags for KB924191 under XP SP2.

the_guy

A security issue has been identified in the way Vector Markup Language (VML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft.

Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB929969)

Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB929969)

No, it's not a mistake. This is pretty confusing, but it's not the same file - the first one = 784 kB, the second one = 761 kB.

Three hotfixes for Windows 2003 which aren't yet in Autopatcher 2003

KB898790 - Volume mount points on disks in a server cluster may intermittently become unavailable after you install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

KB907565 - Extended file attributes of NFS-shared files that reside on an SIS-enabled volume are missing in Windows Storage Server 2003 R2

KB916048 - You experience problems when you use the Microsoft Storport storage driver for host bus adapter removable storage on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

This article was previously published under Q290301

Warning The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility is provided "as is" to help resolve installation problems for programs that use Microsoft Windows Installer. If you use this utility, you may have to reinstall other programs. Caution is advised.

Microsoft has updated the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. With the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, you can remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information. You may want to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program if you experience installation (Setup) problems. For example, you may have to remove a program's Windows Installer configuration information if you have installation problems when you try to add (or remove) a component of your program that was not included when you first installed your program.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

from windows update, a few minutes ago:

kb885626

kb929969

kb873374

yes, Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB929969), is in there. autopatcher is running it with this argument:

"Module:\IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-ptb.exe" /quiet /norestart /overwriteoem

but or this argument isn't working fine or there's a new version of this update...

Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0

The Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) version 5.0 contains the necessary tools and documentation to evaluate and mitigate application compatibility issues before deploying Microsoft? Windows Vista, a Windows Update, or a new version of Windows? Internet Explorer? in your environment.

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2

* Supported Database Components: Microsoft? SQL Server 2000, Microsoft? SQL Server 2005, Microsoft? SQL Server 2005 Express Edition

* Miscellaneous Software Requirements: Microsoft? .NET Framework, version 1.1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

A couple of new updates:

KB929399: FIX: Subscription music services cannot extract metering data when the services try to synchronize metering data on a client computer that is running Windows Media Player 11

Also, the roots certificates update was updated on Monday. The new version is only for XP/2003/Vista.

the_guy

i know that something is changed in wmp11. i try download it again yesterday twice and i know that md5 is changed. the file isn't corrupt, release date at ms website is changed, but build is still the same. so, what changed in that thing?

A couple of new updates:

KB929399: FIX: Subscription music services cannot extract metering data when the services try to synchronize metering data on a client computer that is running Windows Media Player 11

Also, the roots certificates update was updated on Monday. The new version is only for XP/2003/Vista.

the_guy

Found a new link for the Roots Update today that works on 2000/XP/2003/Vista. The link is here.

the_guy

New update: KB931836, a new time zone update which replaces both KB928388 and KB929120.

the_guy

EDIT: New WMP 11 fix out, KB928788.

Edited by the_guy

a few notes on whats happening with the latest stuff

ie6 modules will not be removed from the eng xp/2k3 releases this month, they will instead be removed in the march releases when we move to ap5.6, and i will create add on packs.

the new wmp11 installer (25MB) and windows live messenger v8.1 (16MB) will not be included this month, i'll add them next month (your all going to have to download full/lite releases next month because of the big changes in ap5.6, and theres no point downloading these two files twice wasting bandwidth!

wmp11 updates (KB928788 & KB929399) will not be included this month, i'm waiting til ap5.6 which will have wmp detection and therefore wont interfere with systems still on wmp10 and older

the cache cleanup utility for IE seems to be only for xp sp1 so that wont be included (that is unless ms made a typo and it is actually for xp sp2

i'll leave the .net3 lang pack til next month

i'm not going to include the Application Compatibility Toolkit because it's only useful to application developers

the windows installer clean up utility doesnt sound useful to most people and could actually be dangerous, i'm not going to include it

KB885626 i dont know whether this can be installed on systems with xp sp2 already installed, i'm waiting for confirmation from the_guy

for some reason i have KB929969 and KB873374 in my todo list so someone must have reported them sometime in the last month, no idea who it was, can't bebothered to search and find out, but KB929969 was included last month and KB873374 isnt needed, the necessary KB873374 (GDI+) related updates i remember were included at the time they were released, however the detection tool was never included because its just not necessary for most people.

the_guy, that's a miracle. at this time, ms remember of pt-br. it's there :D

so, now they just need remember of this ones:

KB927544 - just work in english or, at least, not in pt-br

KB928089

KB928939 (until now, i don't know why windows update show it also needed for Brazil... someone must think Australia is near from here)

eu font update (someone told some time ago that this one is international. maybe, but installer it's only in english)

but the most interesting thing is that wga is in english and reports in pt-br too...

Hi Guys,

Well ... it's back :|

KB905474 aka Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications has reappeared on WU/MU.

This version was reported as released on 21st Feb and is v1.7.17.0.

The direct download if anyone requires it is here.

Kind Regards

Simon

PsiMoon314, you can expect that in each update from now. appears that vista didn't sell also expected and they are blaming piracy (nothing to do with system requeriments... everybody have already a vista capable machine, with drivers, etc). because of that, they will ask for wga everytime...

by the way: how did you find wga packed to download? i've just can found it already unpacked, at C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download

thanks in advance