The Hotfix Depot

Compatibility Patch for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB917425)

Overview

The IE Compatibility Patch reverts the IE Active X update behavior contained in the April Security update (KB912812). This patch should be used by customers who have experienced compatibility issues and who require more time to test/update websites and programs that are impacted by the IE Active X update. This patch is temporary, and will only apply to KB912812. This IE compatibility patch will not be available for future security updates. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

@xyz123, most of those are for xp sp1, ive only added two of them to the latest release - the new version of synctoy, and the stop error hotfix.

@xyz123, most of those are for xp sp1, ive only added two of them to the latest release - the new version of synctoy, and the stop error hotfix.

You're probably right, since I only listed what I found and didn't have time to check it - so I only excluded the ones I was positive they had been included in AP or SP2. Sorry, thanks anyway.

Today i got these automatic updates:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (912812)

Size: 1.6 MB - 4.8 MB

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise a computer running Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=62568

Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express (911567)

Size: 411 KB - 1.5 MB

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Outlook Express and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=63578

Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution (911565)

Size: 2.4 MB

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Windows Media Player and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=59277

Vulnerability in Windows Explorer Could Allow Remote Code Execution (908531)

Size: 794 KB - 4.4 MB

A security issue has been identified in Windows Explorer that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=63695

Vulnerability in the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) Function Could Allow Code Execution (911562)

Size: 197 KB - 561 KB

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Microsoft Data Access Components and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=59541

Malicious Software Removal Tool

Size: 418 KB

After the download, this tool runs once to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove any infection found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center or run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an anti-virus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an anti-virus product.

More information for this update can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/malwareremove

There is a new high priority update...

I don't know how much will it be useful, but here it is... :unsure:

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)

Download size: 829 KB , 2 minutes

The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be a non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows.

P. S. KB900485 is released as official update, so if it hadn't already been included in AP it would be included in May release. Just for the record, if anyone is interested. :)

Update for Windows XP (KB900485)

Install this update to prevent an issue in which you may receive a ?stop 0x7e in aec.sys? error message on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2. The error may occur during startup, or after the system has started. AEC.SYS is the acoustic echo canceling driver. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer. This version 2 of the fix.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Update for Windows XP (KB900485)

As I said in my last post, this update is already included in AP (Apr 2006), but it hasn't been official until now. Check TheBlazingAngel's post from Apr 16. ;)

But it could be the new version. :whistle:

Microsoft ActiveX Analyzer Tool

The ActiveX Analyzer Tool is designed to scan for and identify object, applet, and embed tags in code. The utility will output the complete file path, line number, and literal script that the tag(s) reside in so that the user can easily open the file and locate the code. Also, a total count of matches will be displayed to the user.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Just a quick note about KB905474.

If you use detailed status messages on logon, you'll see that there is no "wInlogon.dll" anymore, now there's "WGAlogon.dll" (After you install KB905474.). :wacko:

I have no idea if this has any influence on anything, since I use legal Windows XP. :p

Quick note about the Roots Update. It has been updated, the URL is the same as the old 1, but it is 229 kb. I can post a link if you need it. Could this please be included in the May release for 2000.

the_guy

This is probably a very stupid question, but I've just seen the 1st post in Hotfix Depot for the first time and I wonder, why aren't these updates included in AP? :D

KB908519: Security Update for Windows XP

KB908531: Security Update for Windows XP

KB911562: Security Update for Windows XP

KB911564: Security Update for Plug-in do Windows Media Player

KB911567: Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP

KB911927: Security Update for Windows XP

KB912812: Cumulative Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP SP2

KB912919: Security Update for Windows XP

KB913446: Security Update for Windows XP

MS bulletin May 2006

KB913580 is out.

Only one update this time? OK, two, with new Malicious Software Removal Tool. I guess that it's because few KBs were released between the April and May bulletin. :blink: :wacko:

i,

I believe that the Flash 8 player has already been upgraded to version 8.0.24.0 in last months release.

If this is the case then there are no new updates from the May bulletin which affect APXP.

There are a few other updates which have been listed in this thread and elsewhere which could be included in APXP however it doesn't seem to be enough to warrent a full version release this month.

If the plans are to include KB905474 (WGA Notification) then KB892130 (WGA) is still required to access online downloads and Windows / Microsoft Update.

I have prototype modules for KB892130, KB905474 and Windows Update v6 if anyone want's them for testing and I am working on a module for Microsoft Update.

Regards

Simon

I believe that the Flash 8 player has already been upgraded to version 8.0.24.0 in last months release.

If this is the case then there are no new updates from the May bulletin which affect APXP.

There are a few other updates which have been listed in this thread and elsewhere which could be included in APXP however it doesn't seem to be enough to warrent a full version release this month.

If the plans are to include KB905474 (WGA Notification) then KB892130 (WGA) is still required to access online downloads and Windows / Microsoft Update.

I have prototype modules for KB892130, KB905474 and Windows Update v6 if anyone want's them for testing and I am working on a module for Microsoft Update.

What do you think by "there are no new updates"? What about KB913580? KB913433 's got something to do with Flash player, not KB913580. :huh: Maybe you misunderstood what I said, KB913580 is the part of May bulletin, I mentioned it separately because that 's the only update that affects Win(XP), i. e. AP(XP).

Speaking of software components for WU/MU/WU&MU, they should, they must be included in AP! :yes: