MetaLite

How many times do you think he's heard all of this? You're just making asses of yourselves at this point, we heard it all in the Magma thread.

That theme looks pretty sweet Bubba, nice work.

i love the theme but the Thick task bar turns me off over all i would pat 9.95 for this i have paid for windowblind themes before so this is no diffrence other than the about of skins included in the windowblinds pak still A+ work

nice job. but i don't have any money lol but, if i did i'd buy it just because i like the colours!

- if any of you feel to say im nuts, go right ahead cos i don't really give a damn what any of u think!-

The amount of time you must have spend on this piece of dung, could have landed you a real paying job with mcdonalds!

585345421[/snapback]

why do you think he'd want to work alongside you?

what is it with you people? if you want to buy it, fine. if not, why give the man all this grief? as someone said earlier, you're all coming across as ######.

The amount of time you must have spend on this piece of dung, could have landed you a real paying job with mcdonalds!

585345421[/snapback]

i could work at McDonalds, and yet still be less embarrassed then if i were to have Startrek.com as my signature.

This is a classy \ quality peice of work Bubba ive been using it for a couple of days now, when im not working on my own fo course :D

Im happy to see the Mod's are being supportive and for that i for one am thankful.

All of you griping about paying should check out the dozens of free themes he has offered to the community in the past and are still readily available on his site. ( Which HE pays for).

Looking forward to many more kick-a$$ themes from you Joe. :woot:

Peace.

there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to make a little spending cash! or use it towards his domain either way glad mods are looking over the thread!

You people are lame if you feel like insulting his work justifies for the fact that you are too stingy. You go try to make a VS... You'll want people to pay for it too. Though I highly doubt any one of you could make something good enough to sell in the first place. :rolleyes:

Nice job Bubba. And quick too... You only release the last one, what, less than a week ago? Commendable ;)

Pay for a VS??? come one ...  this is the most stupid concept in this world

585346946[/snapback]

Did you not read what dreamz said? Don't attack him for his decision.

Im commenting on theme only via screenshot.

The logoff turnoff buttons would look better if they matched the taskbar buttons,also you need to work on highlite of these wigets to make centered over the buttons...

You might consider making the statusbar a pixel or two smaller (just resize statusbar,then reduce font to 7 from default 8 and compile,then remake font back to 8 and compile...you will now have smaller statusbar)

The resize gripper at bottom right on windows might look better if it had more of a 3d look...something like may you made "program/places" text...

Might also change the tabs so they dont have seperation between them (look like gappped teeth)

Other then these things it looks pretty nice,but as i would never pay for a theme i can really only offer my advice via the screenshot....

note to shockz: can you make another room for pay themes...would help end the confusion and allow pay theme makers and there followers a single place to gather...

note to shockz: can you make another room for pay themes...would help end the confusion and allow pay theme makers and there followers a single place to gather...

585347138[/snapback]

Can't imagine why this hasn't been done yet. Would probably put an end to a lot of bickering. :yes:

Can't imagine why this hasn't been done yet. Would probably put an end to a lot of bickering. :yes:

585347226[/snapback]

It would put an end to bickering that really should be happening in the first place...lol and even then i dont think the bickering would stop. And i dont believe there is enough people selling graphics on neowin to even justify a new forum, just my opinion, but i do understand where you're coming from. But honestly, it's like saying we can put an end to racism if we just seperate the whites and the blacks, ya know.. but once again, just my opinion.

and spyglass, i really appreciate you being proffessional with your post, i will look into the things you mentioned.

Based upon the screenshot, my comments:

The startmenu:

Slim it down, get rid of the words, especially My Menu.

The log-off/shutdown buttons:

As spyglass said, make them the same style as the toolbars.

The resize-grip:

Make it indented, or 3D somehow, as spyglass said too.

Excellent work though, hopefully you will set a new trend for premium themes, making them a little more minimalistic than the current ones out there. I would also move towards suites, I mean $10 for a suite that included WindowsBlinds, WinAmp, WMP, MSN7 skin, Trillian etc. would be very cool and well worth the money.

Keep it up! :)

I don't see that there is a problem with people having to pay for art? Isn't that the usual.

Although I think it won't work (people sharing, P2P etc) it's at least worth a shot.