Neowin's Official NASCAR Pick 'Em

Hey for those of you with roadrunner as your isp you can listen to the in car scanners of the drivers of nascar and use pit command @ Nascar.com

Click on pit command it;s so sweet...And all free for roadrunner users...

Waltrip blew his engine...there goes one of my fantasy drivers :(

585506394[/snapback]

Same. :angry:

At least Jarrett is recovering from that awful start, sort of...

Tony Stewart had the dominant car for most of Sunday, but it was Jeff Gordon who held off furious charges from Kurt Busch and Dale Earnhardt Jr. on a green-white-checkered restart to win his third Daytona 500.
http://www.nascar.com/

:D

Wow, that was a great race. One of the best 500's in the past few years.

Yea that was really a great race...I was hoping Tony Stewart would win, but it was great anyways. I just wish he would have spun out Jimmy Johnson for blocking him all the way up the track like that during the last 3 laps :angry: .

And none of my fantasy drives did any good except for Little E :argh:

Well Since I'm in a Nascar mood...I figured I'd post a few pics some of you might like.

I went to "The Richard Petty Driving Experience" last year in Charlotte, NC so here are a few pics that my girlfriend took:

This one is me getting into the car and getting ready to drive my "hot laps"....

post-66484-1108948438_thumb.jpg

And here is one of me climbing into Juniors car for my "ride along":

Note: All of these cars are real cars that raced and won at Lowes Motor Speedway, the winners are donated to The Petty Driving Experience.

post-66484-1108948738_thumb.jpg

it a good race. I like the new rule with the cautions under 10 laps. I cant believe that Stewart didn't win. there's always next weekend.

it a good race.  I like the new rule with the cautions under 10 laps.  I cant believe that Stewart didn't win.  there's always next weekend.

585507498[/snapback]

It's not really a new rule. If you're talking about the single file restarts under 10 laps, that has been a rule for years.

And yes, there is another race next weekend, but 12 months until another Daytona 500.

/\ He may have been talking about the Green White Checker finish rule...

That's pretty sweet. I won't even ask how much something like that costs.

Actually is isn't too expensive...for the basic package it's around $300 and goes up from there to about $2,000 i think? The ride along is like $89, I think, thats where they take you on 3 or 4 laps with a real driver. If you do the higher level packages then you actually stay for several days to a week and race against others in your class...when I was out there, there were about 10 other cars on the track while I was driving.

And yes, there is another race next weekend, but 12 months until another Daytona 500.

585507505[/snapback]

They're at Fontana next weekend. And too bad it's a whole more year until the next Daytona 500. Until then, we have the Pepsi 400 in July, under the lights at Daytona to look forward to.

DreAming in DigITal: Woah, that looked cool. I want to do that sometime. A few years ago I was visiting Dover, and stopped by the track and I think the The Richard Petty Driving Experience was there doing lesssions. They let us inside the track to watch for a while to see what was going on.

Jeff Gordon?  You may exit now. :cool:

Anyway, I see Jimmie Johnson, an RCR car, or a DEI car coming out on top tomorrow.

585502063[/snapback]

:rofl: :shifty: never doubt the rainbow warrior :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...