Google Map Beta now online

HaH its been three years and still my neighborhood and streets don't show up on online maps, they dont even appear on some local maps. :laugh:

But anyways, Nice Find and nice map with no anoyinning ads(so far).

doesn't seem to work in Maxthon/myIE either... :( Tried it in IE, though, and it looks pretty sweet...

585433865[/snapback]

didnt work for me either, until i disabled float ad blocker (im sure theres a way to add it to the exception list) and hit refresh. to disable it quickly, right click on the trash icon and uncheck it.

anyways this is pretty cool, much like the map product we use at work, but much faster. i like the way the streets look and stuff. (Y)

didnt work for me either, until i disabled float ad blocker (im sure theres a way to add it to the exception list) and hit refresh. to disable it quickly, right click on the trash icon and uncheck it.

anyways this is pretty cool, much like the map product we use at work, but much faster. i like the way the streets look and stuff. (Y)

585433944[/snapback]

Good call, didn't think of that. Thanks!

a tad buggy but very nice. this will give mappoint a run for its money.

i just looked up a local street and the results are really nice. i like the balloon (tool tip\push pin, whatever) with the drop shadow.

getting direction results is pretty nice too. if you click on the starting point it opens up the start positions street in a ballon as well.

results looked pretty accurate.

It is amazing fast.  And you can use your keyboard to control the map.  Pretty sick.  Google just amazes people monthly now it seems.  When will the Google Bubble pop...

585434049[/snapback]

Actually it is rather slow here, maybe because I'm accessing from Europe? Map24.com is way faster.

Considering Google already has business deal with map24 (see map24.com homepage), I was expecting something based on map24 technology...

Anyway, better than mapquest (love the full size image), but still less interactive than map24 !!

[EDIT] Just realize how the search on map was working :blush: and pinpoint ...NICE [/EDIT]

PS:For European guy, map24 works for Europe too !!!

No UK version?

585433374[/snapback]

not yet i'm sure they will slowly move into a UK / Europe version. They probably test with the USA market

Great Program though. Google are great :yes: