Naruto Anime Licensed by ShoPro

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few problems with all of the people who get all whiney when an anime that has a tremendous following in japan gets licensed here.

1. DVD releases have fewer censorships based on the fact that its not open to everyone at anytime. Only the versoin that makes it to Kids WB (God I hope not) will be censored like you say, loss of blood, curses, etc. If any cable stations show it like Cartoon Network (hopefully it will be put in [adult swim]) it will only be censored for minor language content. Adult swim is good about leaving swearing in though.

2. Just because we get english voice actors doesnt mean everything goes to hell. I am sure there are plenty Western releases who have kept the japanese name for maoves. (DB is a good example though "Kame hame ha") I personally believe that traslating it doesnt always mean we get crap, the doppelganger translation isn't the best, but Sasuke's fireball (english translation) is a good translation. Or even Haku's ice crystal magic mirror (Viz translation) is also decent but a tad bit lame. On the point of voice actors, There are MANY very good ones that I would like to see do this. (I'll keep ideas to myself thank you)

3. I am fairly certain that every single Anime DVD release in the past 3 years has been both subbed and dubbed. So quit your whining about that. For those of you who want to petition to stop the license you are a bunch of morons. Pure criticism never got anywhere. Why dont you have a petition to keep the content the way that the creator intended. Blood and violence and all that. I am POSITIVE that there would be more signatures from the fans who want to see a true to creation copy released than another Pokemon disaster.

Please stop whining and actually offer some advice on how you would like it to be done. I am sure that the company wants to have this be a sucessful license as much as you do. I close with this last bit: I am a huge fan of the manga, I own all of the American releases and I read the fan trans on the internet. I am excited about the licenseing because it will be another huge hit like pokemon and the Dragon Ball series were. I know that pokemon is a big joke, but it is aimed at little kids. If you are a true fan of content, you will offer your support to all licenses and email or write or whatever to the company the way that you want to see it. They cant ignore some 10000 emails asking for the same thing (the petition has reached over 10 thousand by the way, just imagine how big that number would be if all naruto fans offered their advice)

I sign out with a breach of character QUIT YER BITCHIN!

whats so wrong with dubs? let others who dont like subs enjoy it, just anoher way of getting media out to others. online petitions...man thats becoming the "thing" now...come on get over it

The reason people dont want Naruto to be licensed is, it means they will actually have to PAY for it now, and youd think if they really liked it they would be willin to pay for it. but no matter what, that petition cant stop it from being dubbed, they have already made plans to put it on Adult Swim from what ive heard, but the sad part is, i heard from a pretty good source that Ocean Studios (i think thats the right name) the company who did InuYasha will most likely get to make the show, but im ok with that, cause they did pretty good on InuYasha, plus it could be WB that got it x_x

altezza

Who is the character in your avatar?

VidER

585664197[/snapback]

Kurosaki Ichigo, the main character from Bleach. Watch that anime and you'll like it! :yes:

Google dattebayo.

The only bad thing about Naruto getting licensed is that it'll spawn another horde of NaRuTaRdS.

585675101[/snapback]

dattebayo just quit.

you sure about that? cause Narutofan would prolly have that posted like the second he did it lol, cause thats where they get all of their episodes.

i like waiting a week for new episodes, it gives me a reason to be excited about the next week lol, plus they are still making the episodes so they cant just like make 200 a day or somethin...

I mean the pace of the story and the fights, jebus... especially the fights.

Hey.

I'm going to attack you now.

Hi.

Roger that.

I'm going to use my ... jutsu, <insert long explanation>.

Oh noes!

Pan over still images for 1 minute.

Insert random flashback here.

Cheese.

More cheese.

Fight starts.

Ends in 30 secs.

Episode ends.

w3rd

btw, I found their backup plan for bad ratings :rofl: :

post-13247-1111968017_thumb.jpg

I'm not a Naruto fan (I watched a few episodes ... okay but ... not my fav).

What I'd like to see are substantially lower prices on Anime in North America.

Currently, Samurai Champloo is selling fror $35 to $39 on Amazon.ca (Canadian Dollars). They're about $25 to $29 US. But this is only for 4 or 5 episodes. I realize there are big budgets, small markets (compared to the 24 or Seinfeld DVD series, or the latest movie release) but its a bit much for 120 min run time.

There aren't many I've downloaded. There aren't many I'll buy. I'll buy Champloo and Cowboy Bebop (I've bought the Bebop movie and the Kenshin OVA's and the 1st Robotech boxset) to show some support. The prices are still absurd.

I mean the pace of the story and the fights, jebus... especially the fights.

585682096[/snapback]

There are lots of Anime like that.

(I usually only watch the ones with fighting esp samurai ones).

That's the problem #1 probl I had with Kenshin. Samuria Deeper Kyo as well. They were well executed. When the characters find a move no one else can beat, its repeated ad nauseum until the story ends. :yawn:

and until anyone can give me solid proof the anime will be dubbed badly, i think no one has the right to say it will be crap...

585492344[/snapback]

INUYASHA was subbed by them, HAVE YU COMPARED THEM!!?!?! well any way, i heard that Naruto is going to Toonami, that would be WAY worse than AdultSwim.........ENLIGHTEN ME SOMEONE!!

INUYASHA was subbed by them, HAVE YU COMPARED THEM!!?!?! well any way, i heard that Naruto is going to Toonami, that would be WAY worse than AdultSwim.........ENLIGHTEN ME SOMEONE!!

585688051[/snapback]

agreed :yes:

That's the problem #1 probl I had with Kenshin. Samuria Deeper Kyo as well. They were well executed. When the characters find a move no one else can beat, its repeated ad nauseum until the story ends. :yawn:

585683086[/snapback]

same

Currently, Samurai Champloo is selling fror $35 to $39 on Amazon.ca (Canadian Dollars). They're about $25 to $29 US. But this is only for 4 or 5 episodes. I realize there are big budgets, small markets (compared to the 24 or Seinfeld DVD series, or the latest movie release) but its a bit much for 120 min run time.

585683075[/snapback]

and that's what EBay is for :) although me thinks that once anime picks up in America more and more companies will buy / license them and thus create a market with (hopefully) lower prices than what is currently in place

umm if the fights end in 30 secs, then why has the Gaara vs Kimmimaro fight lasted like 3 or 4 episodes...

585682602[/snapback]

If they only showed the fighting, then Gaara vs Kimmimaro would end in 1/4 episode or less.

They're trying to milk the cash cow without doing any quality work. The only "anime" I can compare Naruto to is Dragonball Z.

Even though Ruroni Kenshin didn't have a lot of development in terms of fighting, the plot was excellent and had a good pace. At this stage, Naruto doesn't even deserve to be compared with Ruroni Kenshin :no: .