MSN Premium Software Installer

Question

I have always been able to fix problems I have had on my computer, however there is one problem I am completely stumped on.

I formatted my computer the other day and am trying to reinstall my MSN software. I downloaded the MSN Installer and run it, but when asked to enter in my account information, I click on 'Next' and it waits about 10 seconds then says, "We are unable to connect to the sign-up service and cannot continue. Either the sign-up servers are temporarily unavailable or you were disconnected from the Internet. If you were disconnected, reconnect, and then restart this wizard."

My first response would be, "Okay, the sign-up servers are down." However, I called MSN support and they state that they are all fine. I even tried installing the software on my brother's computer in the house and it worked fine. I thought maybe it was my firewall (which is my hardware linksys router) but I hooked up my computer directly to my cable modem and it didn't work.

5 answers to this question

Do you have any software firewall or flitter software that might block connection?

585501875[/snapback]

No, I have Windows Firewall turned off. The only firewall I have is my Linksys Router, which the setup would not work when I plugged my cable modem directly into my computer, bypassing the router.

I have no idea what might be wrong. You said you had formatted your hard drive and spoke with MSN tech support. Plus, you had tried connecting with your brother computer and it worked fine. The only thing in my mind right now would be speak to MSN tech support and let them walk through the step. Or ask them to do the setup for you by remote access.

Good luck.