An Awsome Honda

Sorry, there is no awesome Honda in my mind. And in the US, that's an Acura.

585507458[/snapback]

You have Obviously not driven a UK Civic Type-R or an Accord Type-R..

Legends are a very underated car, full of gadgets as standard, they also look like a big old school '93 Accord., which is cool

not to sure about your choice of wheels, but overall, not bad :happy:

my mom used to have the 87 legend.. it was the best car she ever had.

i think they stopped selling them in 97 or 98 (not sure) and i think they're supposed to come back in 2006 with the Honda badge.

that would just suck because Honda does not have that power and luxirious picture as acura does in the US. Honda's here (i think) are simply bought for their gas milage and reliability, not so much for their looks or power.

Acura RL

Click on the above link if you folks are interesed in the 2005 Variant of my Legend - This is the new version of the original car (even the name has been changed to RL) but hey it still exists! a cool design with hi tech features and the honda reliablity - this may well be my next car :p .

This is a bargain Luxury car - cheaper than a lexus and half the price of Similar spec'd mercs n bmw's yet u get even more feature n power

post-94829-1109031395.jpg

Edited by Sharque

I much rather have a sports car then an ugly luxury car trying to be a sports car. I don?t have anything against Honda or Acura in fact I've owned 2 CRX's but I've recently moved to the Z series of cars made by Nissan and well like I said I much rather have a sports car then one pretending to be one. Your car is clean I will give you that but it is far from attractive in my eyes.

Well thats true it will never be a true sports car but at least it does it a little bit better than other luxury cars that r fat n ugly and its handling isnt that bad either, but hey u get a bit of both worlds (sport n luxury). Also taking into account in 1991 the merc S class was still box shaped and bmw was funny looking and they did not handle that good and were unreliable. Lexus was fine but it was sooo big and fat! but the best bit i like about this car is its engine!

Acura RL

Click on the above link if you folks are interesed in the 2005 Variant of my Legend - This is the new version of the original car (even the name has been changed to RL) but hey it still exists!  a cool design with hi tech features and the honda reliablity - this may well be my next car :p .

This is a bargain Luxury car - cheaper than a lexus and half the price of Similar spec'd mercs n bmw's yet u get even more feature n power

585512411[/snapback]

the RL has always been the RL here in the states.. the Acura RL

its a shame the Legend or the Vigor aren't selling anymore, beautiful cars.

yeah, not feeling it either. i really don't understand how you can possibly compare it to bmw or benz though. or maybe you are comparing the ones around the year of your car? (still doesnt' explain it though)

Okay let me xplain....

Honestly which one of these would you choose.... if u had to

All the cars are from the year 1991

pic 1 is - A standard Honda legend (not my car tho)

Pic 2 - inside my car :laugh:

Pic 3 - A Standard "BMW" 5 series

pic 4 - A Standard "Merc" E class

Taking into account BMW and Benz are much more expensive.

Hope this clears things a bit :woot:

post-94829-1109134166.jpg

post-94829-1109134207.jpg

post-94829-1109134225.jpg

post-94829-1109134241.jpg

Okay let me xplain....

Honestly which one of these would you choose.... if u had to

All the cars are from the year 1991

pic 1 is - A standard Honda legend (not my car tho)

Pic 2 - inside my car?:laugh::

Pic 3 - A Standard "BMW" 5 series

pic 4 - A Standard "Merc" E class

Taking into account BMW and Benz are much more expensive.

Hope this clears things a bit:woot::

585519585[/snapback]

It definitely clears things up. That Honda isn't anywhere near as nice as a BMW 5-Series or that E-Class. They're in a completely different category, don't even bother comparing them.

Vaguely disguised rice rocket vs. True European Luxury. No contest.:laugh::

Edit: I'm not saying your car is bad, I just don't think its fair to compare it to a BMW or Mercedes-Benz.

Its a four cylinder, not a six. Also, compare the price range you are assessing.

I don't believe he's saying awesome as in "its the best" kind, more of a "its awesome because its lasted this long and your car won't" awesome. Seriously, how many of those "luxury" cars do you see from that era still going strong with over 200,000miles on them? You don't.

My point Exactly, I was talking about Hondas Engineering Superiority over Bmw's and Benz and also God the awful box shaped european design!! glad they still dont make em like that but u get my point.

It may be so that todays Bmw and Benz's might be a little bit advanced then the current acura RL at some aspects but the fact that honda compares equally or better in other aspects (as in free kit) xtras, fuel economy, engine power... the stuff that matters.

BTW those are not after market wheels on that legend its comes with standard allow wheels :) another small thing that bmw n benz dont give as standard even now lol (exepct the top end cars).

Edited by Sharque

Its a four cylinder, not a six. Also, compare the price range you are assessing.

I don't believe he's saying awesome as in "its the best" kind, more of a "its awesome because its lasted this long and your car won't" awesome. Seriously, how many of those "luxury" cars do you see from that era still going strong with over 200,000miles on them? You don't.

585519623[/snapback]

Because that isn't the market. The luxury cars never have to be driven that far because they are sold and scrapped long before that. The owner can afford a new one. Honda's and the like get more mileage because the car owner(s) can't always afford to buy a new car.

i like legends, i'm even considering getting one as my first car. but they are getting a little old. are you sure the RL is the modern equivalent? i've heard that the legend was never discontinued, they just changed the name to TL....The Legend= TL?

Ah but its possibile that a not so rich person could enjoy the luxury and the power of a "real luxury" car without paying that price! thanks to cars like the honda legend

btw Legends are 3.2L V6 300HP standard, It quite powerful you know even for todays standards and its pretty light weight compared to bmw's n benz's = Excellent weight to power ratio and better handling.

Because that isn't the market. The luxury cars never have to be driven that far because they are sold and scrapped long before that. The owner can afford a new one. Honda's and the like get more mileage because the car owner(s) can't always afford to buy a new car.

585519650[/snapback]

Thats how people get rich, right? They drive their car for 50,000 miles and scrap it. Those cars lose an insane about of value too. Hondas are some of the slowest depreciating cars out there.

You won't win this arguement, I know people with both BMWs and Mercedes. They require much more maintenence than a Honda does and the parts cost substantially more. Give me a Honda Accord V6 instead of an overpriced BMW or Mercedes, any day.

i like legends, i'm even considering getting one as my first car. but they are getting a little old. are you sure the RL is the modern equivalent? i've heard that the legend was never discontinued, they just changed the name to TL....The Legend= TL?

585519666[/snapback]

Yup its RL now, but go in for a 1995 - 1999 legends as they r pretty cheap, brand new ones might be a bit expensive!

Check my previous posts its got a link to the website - RL & TL are different cars but TL,s equally good and cheaper, if you r a sports fan get an RSX its a nice little car.

It's nice to see someone who is a fan of slightly older cars. I love the Hondas/Acuras of the 80s and 90s. You get a lot of bang for the buck. I prefer my 04 Xterra (X-Trail outside of US/Canada) though.

o give over, a honda won't ever be as good as a BMW Merc, or Audi.

the quality of materials and design is far superior... my family had a legend at one point and i had a 3 series, within a few months they changed to a bmw and a merc, they are cheaper for a reason...