Pakistan's Tour To India - Cricket Series

Congrats to Pakistan they batted really well under pressure, looks like yet another close ODI series for India in India.

Hopefully Ganguly will be replaced by someone that scores runs, possibly Mongia or another bowler. India really needs to sort out the bowling.

OT is Mongia going to be playing for lancashire this season?

what a match...amazing.

Inzi played a Capitain's innings, reminded me of the former South African Captain, Hanse Cronje, even with all his convictions Im really a big fan of that cricketer (Too bad he died in a Plane crash). Imran Khan was the one to bring him, along with Wasim Akram, both of'em were not even from the domestic cricket clubs, just the guys who used to play in the streets (Like mee :p), and both of them turned out to be such class captians for the Pakistan team. Really gifted with talent and temprament.

About Ganguly, he deserves respect, he's the one to assemble one of the strongest Indian Cricket sides. Gosh! they really brutalized other teams in the world cup. He's currently out of form, pretty common in this game, IIRC Inzi made only 16 runs in the whole world cup, he was put away for 4 months and brought back as captain. Putting him away for career will be an aweful decision from the Indians.

Well congrats to Pakistan on the win! :) They truly played an awesome innings. About Ganguly, I think it would quite harsh kicking him out of the team. I mean, every single player goes through a phase where they don't perform that well for their team. That is happening with him. **** happens, give him another chance. Anyways, it's up to the board.

Good luck to both teams for 2 ODI's that are left. They are going to be quite interesting. ;)

Its not about statistics on paper. Its about how much you contributed to made the match as it was.

Tendulkar's 100 didnt do India any good. Mailk's wickets were all in vain when a 315 score was mounted and his runs were not in the pressure period where Inzimam made it while wickets were falling around him.

Good match overall! Well done Pakistan. Let's see what India comes up with now in the next game.

585764215[/snapback]

Arent you old enough to have witnessed Man of the Match being awarded to a player on the losing side as well ? It has happened many times earlier. In this match, there wasnt anyone as intense as Tendulkar PERIOD

As for Shoaib Maliks' wickets being useless, thats absurd. He took his 3 wickets at crucial stages of the Indian innings; 31st over, 41st over & 45th over and his victims were Tendulkar, Dravid & Dhoni. If these players would have stayed a lil more, India could have achieved a larger total. So his wickets were indeed crucial in restricting India to a chaseable total.

ya. ya... wait till the next game.... i am going to cut couple of goats and planning to hijack (censoring this myself )? head off while video shooting it and say YA ALLAH INSHALLAH in front of the cam ... so finally ALLAH will be with us

:laugh::

585764449[/snapback]

Stop bashing religion youidiot>, this is a sports thread. Thats their way of saying "Thank God". When India wins, you too say "Thank <What ever your god name is>" and be done with it.

One of the most astonishing run-chases for Pakistan in their ODI history. Infact thats the 4th highest total to have been achieved batting 2nd with Pakistans first and highest as well. Our president sure was quick to congratulate him and the team. Man o man...he's awarded Rs.1 Million from the President.

Best of luck to both the teams for the last 2 ODIs. This has been the series of the year so far. Lets see if the ASHES can match this :)

Ganguly ban 'a blessing in disguise'

Of all India's newspapers, The Hindustan Times goes furthest, saying Tuesday's defeat could be Ganguly's last for India.

It would be a cruel blow for a batsman 51 runs away from 5,000 in Tests and 33 from 10,000 in one-day internationals, not to mention India's most successful captain ever.

India have a quiet six months, with a scheduled tour of Bangladesh yet to materialise, and a tour of Zimbabwe on the cards later in the year.

By the time he is due to return the India team could have moved on from the Sourav Ganguly era.

But if the consequences are not that harsh, he may be able to rediscover his dashing form of old.

Full Article

I think it would be going too far to remove Ganguly permanently from the side. Like it has been previously pointed out - Inzi only made 16 runs in the last World Cup and was promptly dropped before being brought back as captain a few months later. After that break, he flourished, and has been in excellent touch every since.

A break might be a good idea for Ganguly, but he shouldn't be permanently dropped.

I don't think he should be dropped. He's just having a tough time right now. He'll get back to form when he's back. But now Dravid should do the business. He is a great captain when Ganguly is away.

Best of luck to both the teams for the last 2 ODIs. This has been the series of the year so far. Lets see if the ASHES can match this :)

585768174[/snapback]

I agree, its been a very good series much better than the last one in Pakistan, Re: Ashes, I don't know, If England can compete well at home against the Aussies then it should be good, othervise its going ti a mauling, I hope not I'm going to see a few matches so it should be good nonetheless.

I think it would be going too far to remove Ganguly permanently from the side. Like it has been previously pointed out - Inzi only made 16 runs in the last World Cup and was promptly dropped before being brought back as captain a few months later. After that break, he flourished, and has been in excellent touch every since.

A break might be a good idea for Ganguly, but he shouldn't be permanently dropped.

585770013[/snapback]

I agree, Ganguly has been out of form but I still think he is a very good captain and should remain so, Maybe a break is good and may give Dravid a chance to shine.

Who do you think will replace Ganguly? They need to find an all rounder who can bat like Dhoni and bowl medium pace like Ganguly

it should be more respectful, like Ganguly training his successor i.e Dravid. Not like this, thowing him away.

585771286[/snapback]

Agreed but the Indian captains tend to be stubborn and hard to get rid of, for example Azharuddin :whistle: They should quit it when you dont feel you are right for the job ala Tendulkar.

Excerpts from a great article by Javed Miandad:

India made 315 and yet were defensive in the field. They did not trust their bowling options and ended up doing all the running. The message was evident in the way the field was set in the middle overs. It was neither to defend the singles nor to prevent the boundaries.

Sourav Ganguly has already copped enough from the Ahmedabad tie for me to twist the knife further in his wound. But speaking from a larger perspective, he slowed up the momentum for his team while batting. It was a classic case of wretched form intimidating the captain in him. Those 15-20 runs missed at the crease could have panicked Pakistan who have never been successful in chasing a 300-plus total.

Naved-ul-Hasan Rana, after his good work in Jamshedpur, was again pushing the ball down the leg-side in this game. Pakistan too did not seem keen to take wickets and had a split field on either side of the wicket rather than pack one part of the field. Motera is a big ground and is difficult to protect. Somebody should have told the age-old maxim to both the teams: Attack is the best form of defence.

Australia do it day in and day out!

http://us.rediff.com/cricket/2005/apr/13javed.htm

Javed is an ahole, I don't care about what he says anymore. Wtf you doing comparing Australia with Pakistan. There was a time when you could compare these but not now a days. Most of the current Pak players are new and have technical flaws and are in a learning process. Australia on the other hand have players with much experience and best at their game.

Javed is an ahole, I don't care about what he says anymore. Wtf you doing comparing Australia with Pakistan. There was a time when you could compare these but not now a days. Most of the current Pak players are new and have technical flaws and are in a learning process. Australia on the other hand have players with much experience and best at their game.

585772462[/snapback]

I lost some respect for him when he was being an idiot and said that Woolmer would never be able to help out Pakistan, because of a difference in "culture". I still admire him greatly as a batsman however.

585772462[/snapback]

Dont get upset, read it properly before your personal feelings overtake reality:

Somebody should have told the age-old maxim to both the teams: Attack is the best form of defence.

Australia do it day in and day out!

Agreed but the Indian captains tend to be stubborn and hard to get rid of, for example Azharuddin  :whistle: They should quit it when you dont feel you are right for the job ala Tendulkar.

585771544[/snapback]

Good point, I forgot Tandulkar was Captain. I like Ganguly as a Captain, he has made some good decisions, maybe Dravid is his natural successor.

Ganguly dropped from Indian side

Under-fire Indian captain Sourav Ganguly will not play in the crucial fifth one-day international against Pakistan in Kanpur on Friday.

Ganguly was allowed to play pending an appeal against a six-match ban for time-wasting but the Indian board has asked him not to.

Rahul Dravid will captain India instead, with Dinesh Mongia likely to take the spare batting spot on offer.

Well that was unusual, I thought he had appealed therefore should be allowed to play. Oh well, what to do? Looking forward to tomorrow, we need to win to get back our confidence.

Fifth one-day international, Kanpur

India v Pakistan - starts Friday 0430 BST

In my personal view this series will be 3-3 with India winning tomorrow and Pakistan winning the match at Delhi which will be attended by the Pakistani President as well.

Best Of luck to both the teams (Y)

Good point, I forgot Tandulkar was Captain. I like Ganguly as a Captain, he has made some good decisions, maybe Dravid is his natural successor.

Ganguly dropped from Indian side

Well that was unusual, I thought he had appealed therefore should be allowed to play. Oh well, what to do? Looking forward to tomorrow, we need to win to get back our confidence.

Fifth one-day international, Kanpur

India v Pakistan - starts Friday 0430 BST

585775198[/snapback]

Yeh his appeal i think did actually work. I thought the ban was going to be destroyed.

India  168-4 (39.2)

R Dravid  not out  58

M Kaif  not out  62

Tough time for Pak  :ninja:

585778023[/snapback]

You can't really say anything right now. One more wicket and India will be done in less than 25 runs.

India made 250 for pakistan to score...

Afridi and salman butt should get out before making in some inroads...

Pakistan chased 315 runs and i guess this will be easy, provided India bolws really well....

I don't think Pakistan will be able to score this much, remember we have to win the last ODI at Delhi ;)