Pakistan's Tour To India - Cricket Series

I'm very very happy to know that congratulations to all member on the great victroy of Pakistan against India and they proved that nobody can say anything about them... Pakistan Zindabad :D :D

Man of the Match: Shoaib Malik

Man of the Series: Naveed-Ul-Hassan

Some people were saying that this series is fixed... and India will win this and Pakistan that... what happened to that... just admit, Pakistan is the better ODI team.

And yes mohdfaraz, this was the biggest victory margin for any team in India against India!! This young team has made us proud.

Congratulations to all the members of the Pakistani team, what people said before coming into this series, they all proved them wrong. Without the likes of Shoaib Akhtar, we've really improved big time. Specially our batting department is showing a lot more consistency. If they continue like this, there is no doubt this team will give West Indies a big time in the coming test series.

Team Pakistan :yes: (Y) Get Ready For Some Cash Rewards Hopefully Given By The President ;).

Rana Naveed-Ul-Hassan: A Job Truly Well Done, What A Replacement After Shoaib Akhtar's Absence :).

We've created all sorts of good records, which is really new to see.

Last but not least, the best thing was that the series was played in the best environment. Hopefully it continues and cricket takes India Pakistan relations to a new level.

Thank You BOOG For Pinning This Thread :)

&

Thank You To All The Neowin Members Who Took Active Part In This Thread :)

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :) ;)

Pakistan whooped some Indian ass today, it was obvious that Pakistan have improved immensly and are much better than India!:p

It's very very unfortunate that we gave up easily. Pakistan (even though they lost ) gave a good fight at vizag. :(

Pakistan did well in this series, drew the test series and won the ODI's... :(

Hope we put up a beter show in the future...

^^ who told we are gonna loose? Wait and see.....

Pakistan 280 runs with 4 overs remaining....

585786732[/snapback]

What do you have to say now? I think I know Indian team, they are the most retarded players in the world. Dravid said in press, "We are going with same strategy that we have used in previous games. They seems to be working." I am no expert, but when you are loosing 3 matches in row, you don't go with same strategy. I would love to see every single Indian player brought in the street and getting shot.

Well well the Delhi crowd surely put a show there, throwing bottles on the ground yet again, should have shown more sportsmanship there. I think this match surely proved that Pakistan team never needs just one man for the victory, I am very impressed by Inzi, with the kind of contributions he has shown and its finally good to see Yusuf Youhana coming up with a bit of score (such a classy player, comeon man get that average straighten up:D).

The fresh meat is really starting to do well, and the batting strategy with Afridi Annihilating the bowlers in the first 5-10 overs is really working, but I hardly doubt this would work against a team like Australia and now England (Damn they're getting good).

Indians bowling attack has always been a little weak, though everyone expected a lot from Irfan Pathan, but I wonder why he's put away like this. He should be given more oppotunity in international cricket, yeah he's in a learning phase and can possibly cost matches, but with the kind of talent he has, he'd surely become a match winner in future. Its all about taking chances with the new players, like Inzi in this match included Arshad khan instead of Sami.

Indians now have to sort a lot of stuff with their team.....

If this team can do well against Australia, they can take on any team in the world and i would favour their chances of winning by batting even though that was the worst aspect of this team of not chasing totals.

Tour of Australia really helped this team and i'm sure the rest of the year should be good enough for them too provided if their batsman perform good.

We need new players, its time for a change.

Congrats to Pakistan, They deserved to win  :(

585787057[/snapback]

I think its high time we need a new coach and a new captain. The problem is not with the players skill, its with their attitudes. They have slacked off too often which resulted in taking the lead and giving it away to Pakistan like in the Test & ODIs.

I would love to see every single Indian player brought in the street and getting shot.

585787443[/snapback]

Dont you think thats harsh ? Its just a sport :rolleyes:

Well well the Delhi crowd surely put a show there, throwing bottles on the ground yet again, should have shown more sportsmanship there.

585787635[/snapback]

The crowd was upset on Indian cricketers not on the Pakistanis. I think they were disgusted by the dismal performance put up by them.

If this team can do well against Australia, they can take on any team in the world and i would favour their chances of winning by batting even though that was the worst aspect of this team of not chasing totals.

585787684[/snapback]

When Pakistan toured down under, I was rooting so hard for them. Sadly they didnt pull off good victories over there.

It's amazing how people are defending the behavior of Indian crowd. I don't know if any of you noticed, but Pakistani crowd gave standing ovation to deserving players including India. Karachi crowd cheered every run that was scored by Indians... And Pakistan lost that series. I was actually expecting such behavior from Indian crowd as well, silly me. Give credit where its due...

Two decisions went against Pakistan batsmen... Yousuf Youhana was clearly in and was given out by the 3rd umpire and Inzamam-Ul-Haq was given caught behind when the ball was far away from the bat... These decisions were given by two different Indian umpires... :angry: Do you think it was cheating? I think it was... :crazy:

Leave about the crowd behaviour... It was a unfortunate incident. They were just irritated after paying around rs. 3-5k for a single ticket! We lost the match without putting up a fight. :( Some of the fans were not given entry even though they had the tickets!

Woohoo! Amazing performance by Pakistan in this series. They really showed that they are a capable side and coming back from 2-0 and win 4-2 just goes to show that. Like everyone said, it was a team effort and in the end that is what matters. They have really grown as a side and I wish them best of luck for the future.

It's amazing how people are defending the behavior of Indian crowd. I don't know if any of you noticed, but Pakistani crowd gave standing ovation to deserving players including India. Karachi crowd cheered every run that was scored by Indians... And Pakistan lost that series. I was actually expecting such behavior from Indian crowd as well, silly me. Give credit where its due...

585788121[/snapback]

Amazing ? Its logical. When India toured Pakistan, all the ODIs were close encounters. The same is not the case here.

The crowd was upset on Indian cricketers, stop trying to bull**** the incident as not sporting. It wasnt directed towards the Pakistani cricketers at all.

Here is one of Dravid's quote from the post-match conference:

About the bottle-throwing incident

It was disappointing to see the bottles being thrown. I think there are other ways of expressing your frustrations. While the players might not live up to your expectations, they are always trying their best.

Two decisions went against Pakistan batsmen... Yousuf Youhana was clearly in and was given out by the 3rd umpire and Inzamam-Ul-Haq was given caught behind when the ball was far away from the bat... These decisions were given by two different Indian umpires... :angry: Do you think it was cheating? I think it was... :crazy:

585788159[/snapback]

I dont see the logic in why you all are so upset. Pakistan still won the game and by a huge margin. I would understand your dissappointment if India had won the game because of poor umpiring decisions.

Poor umpiring decisions is a part of the game. India lost/tied many series (including the one down under) because of them. Also, do I need to recall all those Sharjah matches where there used to be Pakistani umpires ? We all know the famous Aaquid Javed hatrick, dont we ? [sARCASM]

In the end, this series was a compelete dissappointment. Not because India lost but the way they lost it. No REAL competition at all. The one in Pakistan was much much better contested.

In the end, this series was a compelete dissappointment. Not because India lost but the way they lost it. No REAL competition at all. The one in Pakistan was much much better contested.

For you it might have been as an Indian fan, but this series has been so much better for Pakistani fans. The Pakistanis have finally realised that they need to work as a team. Perhaps its because of necessity as we don't have any of the extremly skilled players that could win the game for us single handedly. I like this team more because its a more consistent approach.

This series has been a relevation for Pakistan...and I'm not sure if I want Shoaib back if he doesn't improve his attitude.

The crowd was upset on Indian cricketers, stop trying to bull**** the incident as not sporting. It wasnt directed towards the Pakistani cricketers at all.

585788676[/snapback]

Absolutely, If i was there live at the game, I would have also vented my frustrations, Watching the game, I felt the same way.

I agree, the one in Pakistan was amazing, both teams played really well.

This would not be such a big deal if we had been competitive. We were not, that is the problem. After the first two games, I thought we would have an amazing chance but losing 4 games in a row is just wrong.

Look at the margins:

First ODI, Cochin India won by 87 runs

Second ODI, Vishakhapatnam India won by 58 runs

Third ODI, Jamshedpur Pakistan won by 106 runs

Fourth ODI, AhmedabadPakistan won by three wickets

Fifth ODI, Kanpur Pakistan won by five wickets

Sixth ODI, Delhi Pakistan won by 159 runs

Even after the 4th game which was amazing, we should not be that bad.

Hopefully some new changes will come.

No more John Wright .

No Ganguly for 6 games.

I hope for the sake of the Indian team they seriously consider their position and make some positive changes to the team.

For you it might have been as an Indian fan, but this series has been so much better for Pakistani fans. The Pakistanis have finally realised that they need to work as a team. Perhaps its because of necessity as we don't have any of the extremly skilled players that could win the game for us single handedly. I like this team more because its a more consistent approach.

This series has been a relevation for Pakistan...and I'm not sure if I want Shoaib back if he doesn't improve his attitude.

585789185[/snapback]

When I said that this series was a disappointment, I meant that as a cricket fan not as an Indian cricket fan. I mean where was the competition in the last 2 matches ? I dont think anybody likes watching one sided matches, do we ? Lets put up Australia vs Bangladesh, it would be an awesome series :rofl:

On the second point I agree, Pakistan will believe in themselves now. I'd like them to carry this on. Teams from the sub-continent tend to get complacent very soon.

Pakistan is now like the rejuvanated India from 2002.

585788676[/snapback]

Well this is the very same attitude that has made sure that none of the future worldcups will be held in the sub continent, Im not sure about anyone else, but I surely would love my country (i.e Pakistan) to host worldcup matches. I still have loads of memories from the last worldcup that was held in this region, though we didn't win it, but its so great to have all the teams around the world to come and play in your home country. Above all its a great respect and honour.

Pakistani crowd was aggressive, but we learned how to behave and appreciate, Indians are yet to prove this, it was not just the plastic bottles, but a stone as well. Trust me, if it was some Western team, it would have just walked off the series with a big bad spot of insult on India's face.

Goodluck to indians for inviting other teams for a series.

Well this is the very same attitude that has made sure that none of the future worldcups will be held in the sub continent, Im not sure about anyone else, but I surely would love my country (i.e Pakistan) to host worldcup matches. I still have loads of memories from the last worldcup that was held in this region, though we didn't win it, but its so great to have all the teams around the world to come and play in your home country. Above all its a great respect and honour.

585789729[/snapback]

Nope, this isnt the reason WorldCups are being held in other countries. Purpose of ICC is global awareness of cricket. That is why they are choosing different venues for it.

Pakistani crowd was aggressive, but we learned how to behave and appreciate, Indians are yet to prove this, it was not just the plastic bottles, but a stone as well. Trust me, if it was some Western team, it would have just walked off the series with a big bad spot of insult on India's face.

585789729[/snapback]

Like I said, there were LOTS of such small incidents on India's tour of Pakistan last year. Also if I remember correctly, the first and most sportive crowd behavior (in Ind-Pak matches) was at Chennai when India lost the test match by 20 odd runs.

Goodluck to indians for inviting other teams for a series.

585789729[/snapback]

Dont worry, India is an unmatched cash cow for cricket tournaments. There will be plenty of cricket. ;) :D

For a change it's really nice to see a heavily responsive thread on cricket here at neowin and i hope it continues :). Cricket following is huge in the sub-continent, it has hijacked neowin finally as well :yes:

Pakistani crowd cheered every boundry that Indian batsmen hit, and in India the crowd went silent whenever Pakistani batsmen hit a boundry or Indian wicket fell. It doesn't hurt to cheer and appreciat other team's efforts.

Pakistani crowd cheered every boundry that Indian batsmen hit, and in India the crowd went silent whenever Pakistani batsmen hit a boundry or Indian wicket fell. It doesn't hurt to cheer and appreciat other team's efforts.

585794294[/snapback]

Thats a bit of too much generalization ... crowds in different cities (even in one country) behave differently. The crowd in Karachi was sporting while it wasnt like that in other matches.