Show your browser layout

firefoxlayout.png

Excuse the blurring, but I'd much rather not have my location given away, it's already given me enough trouble.

That being said my home tab is functional, not just a home button.

My Gmail apptab displays how many unread priority emails I have by using this userscript. (Also works on Chrome and possibly Opera!)

I also am using omnibar, which is why I have no search box. I removed the reload/stop button seeing as I prefer to use the context menu..

Other than that it's still a work in progress. I'd like to get the navbar to blend in together with the window border like it does in Heartripper's image, though I'm betting that's something I'll have to wait for in the next beta of Firefox.

How do you get the tabs in the titlebar? I'm using latest FF beta.

If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 and you have Aero enabled it should be transparent and blurred by default.

If you don't have tabs on top enabled you'll need to edit your userchrome file to get it though.

If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 and you have Aero enabled it should be transparent and blurred by default.

If you don't have tabs on top enabled you'll need to edit your userchrome file to get it though.

My tabs are already on top, I want to know how to get them into the Titlebar.

Thanks mate I'll have a read through that thread. I'm having issues installing Stylish though, it says it doesn't support my version of Firefox.

I'd actually suggest you edit the userchrome file directly.

Put this in your address bar in Windows Explorer.

%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

You'll find a folder with a gibberish name.

Click on it and then go to the 'Chrome' folder.

Rename the userChrome-example.css to userChrome.css and just copy and paste the code bits you want into it.

You'll need to restart Firefox sure, but I'd really only suggest you use Stylish for changing the styles of websites, not the browser itself.

If you want to use Stylish though you'll need to tell Firefox to allow you to install unsupported addons.

Just remember there's a reason you can't uninstall unsupported addons by default. Some might break and not work and others may even make Firefox stop working correctly. Just remember there's always Firefox Safemode for that reason.

That being said Stylish should work, and most addons I've tried work as well.

To disable compatibility checking you'll need to type about:config into your address bar, accept the warning page and then right click -> New -> Boolean.

Put in extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b and make sure it's set to False.

You'll need to restart Firefox after doing this, but afterwards you should have no trouble installing Styish or other unsupported addons.

One other thing to keep in mind is that when you change something in the userChrome you'll need to restart Firefox.

If you have any other questions just post it in that thread, they'll be more than willing to help you I'm sure.

Thanks mate I'll have a read through that thread. I'm having issues installing Stylish though, it says it doesn't support my version of Firefox.

You should install the link posted on the front page of that thread and you will probably need to disable compatibility checking (about:config, create boolean "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b" set to "false")