Show your browser layout

I like it's bizarre rustic charm. I'll probably hate it in the morning. Also, I don't always browse with hte side panels open, but hooking up some mobile sites inside them makes for some very useful quick check-ups of things like emails and news and twitter etc.

Opera 11.10 :]

177273643.png

HKql7.jpg

Changed a few things since my last shot, mainly the toolbar buttons to match thanks to foxxyn8 :D

Also made a start page to match Speed Dial in Opera. :)

Your number one site is 'The Sun'? God help us all :D Nice layout though!

Switched the tabs to the bottom and put the nav and address buttons up top as to me thats the best use of space with whats lost to the Firefox button and the window controls. It's more useful to have more space for tabs.

ff4w.jpg

Who are you, the screenshot police?

lol! That little fairytale must stop anyway... I block everywhere every possible advert + social crap. You're blocking or not. There isn't middle situation.

I don't understand either when just users trying to act like fan-boys. I'm not speaking specifically... Just generally. There isn't also in policy rule about "Blocking ads is strictly prohibited" lol

What if I let 'em while there isn't even one chance to click on the ad? It's the same for the advertiser ( Neowin ). But isn't the same for me, obviously. More bandwitdh ( the least ) more crap downloading and stored onto my SSD.

lol! That little fairytale must stop anyway... I block everywhere every possible advert + social crap. You're blocking or not. There isn't middle situation.

Actually its just a few clicks to whitelist a site in adblock. For some users their certainly can be a middle situation.

Actually its just a few clicks to whitelist a site in adblock. For some users their certainly can be a middle situation.

Not few clicks for me since I directly block from /etc/hosts. I just don't like third-party tracking zombie cookies (boo!) in my system. If Neowin hosted its ads itself and was controlling their content, I'd never block any of them.

Hi, this is my current layout.

W5CGf.png

Would someone please help me with some issues I've been trying to fix (via userchrome scripts)? I have pointed to the areas I want help with along with numbers corresponding to the list below.

1. How can I change inactive tab so that it's glassy and translucent like an old firefox 4 mockup here firefox-4-theme-windows.jpg? I only want the translucent background though, not the round corners and other stuff.

2. I'm currently using this for my navigation bar

#navigator-toolbox[tabsontop=true] #nav-bar
{
padding-top: 4px !important;
padding-bottom: 4px !important;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(242,246,251,1), rgba(255,255,255,.0)) !important;
}

I like that there's some transparency in the navbar. However, this does not match the current tab and there's a noticeble line dividing the different colors/transperencies. How can I change the active tab so that it'll have the same look as my navbar?

3. There's quite some space between the tabgroup button and the minimize button. This is even more noticeable when you maximize the window. How can I get rid of some of the blank space?

4. I removed the dropdown in the URL bar using this code.

#appmenuSecondaryPane { box-shadow: none !important; }

.autocomplete-history-dropmarker.urlbar-history-dropmarker{ display:none !important;}

#star-button { -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important; }

Now, the bookmark star is too close to the refresh button. How can I create some blank space?

5. How can I change this corner to be sharp? (i.e. rectangular corner instead of rounded corner) Same for the corresponding corner for the right side...

6. The window frame is significantly thicker for Firefox than for other windows applications like notepad etc. Is it possible to reduce the thickness of the window frame to be like other windows applications?

I'm sorry if some of these have been addressed. I already tried searching this thread but perhaps it's hard for me to think of good search queries. Any help will be very appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also, I've found a way to remove the tab close button on inactive tabs unless you hover on them. I can't seem to find it anymore. Would someone please help me with this?

I'm very sorry; I just realized that I posted in the wrong thread (instead of this) while I was browsing both threads. Would a mod please delete this post and the one above? Thank you.