Show your browser layout

how do you get the url bar to not stretch to the far left and squeeze the tabs smaller?

maby something like this

#urlbar-container {

max-width: 400px !important;

}

Normally I have the window bigger but a bigger screenshot wouldnt show anything more.

post-67543-0-09402100-1303278826.jpg

I've always hated the fact the address bar uses so much space in browsers since I got a 24" monitor.Its alot of wasted blank space, so I decided to copy IE9.

Actually tried this a few months back but it didnt quite right without Stratiform. So after I saw deathvirus' post I tried again and this is what I ended up with.

Normally I have the window bigger but a bigger screenshot wouldnt show anything more.

<image>

I've always hated the fact the address bar uses so much space in browsers since I got a 24" monitor.Its alot of wasted blank space, so I decided to copy IE9.

Actually tried this a few months back but it didnt quite right without Stratiform. So after I saw deathvirus' post I tried again and this is what I ended up with.

How do you get the close tab button to be completely gone (as opposed to hidden) and let the webpage title occupy the place where the close tab button was?

Thanks.

How do you get the close tab button to be completely gone (as opposed to hidden) and let the webpage title occupy the place where the close tab button was?

Thanks.

.tab-close-button {
display: none !important;
}

Simple as that. :)

Edit: I saw you found out on your own. Oh well.

Switched the tabs to the bottom and put the nav and address buttons up top as to me thats the best use of space with whats lost to the Firefox button and the window controls. It's more useful to have more space for tabs.

ff4w.jpg

how did you get the nav and address bar up top? I like that. I have been using tabs on top but I think I liked them better on the bottom.

could i trouble you for your layout script(s)?

No problem! 80% of it is a compilation of what others have posted anyways. :)

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not([pinned]) .tab-close-button {
display: none !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):hover:not([pinned]) .tab-close-button {
visibility: visible !important;
display: -moz-box !important;
}

#navigator-toolbox[tabsontop=true] #nav-bar
{
padding-top: 4px !important;
padding-bottom: 4px !important;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(231,237,246,1), rgba(255,255,255,.6)) padding-box !important;
border-radius: 0 !important;
}

#appmenuSecondaryPane { box-shadow: none !important; }

.autocomplete-history-dropmarker.urlbar-history-dropmarker{ display:none !important;}

#star-button { -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important; margin-right: 3px !important;}

#main-window[sizemode=normal][tabsontop] #appmenu-button-container {
position: fixed !important;
z-index: 2 !important;
}
#main-window[sizemode=normal][tabsontop] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]{
margin-top:-6px;
-moz-padding-start:0px!important;
}
#main-window[sizemode=normal] #navigator-toolbox[tabsontop] &gt; #toolbar-menubar[autohide] ~ #TabsToolbar {
-moz-padding-start:0px!important;
-moz-padding-end:103px!important;
}

#TabsToolbar &gt; .titlebar-placeholder { 
    margin-left: 0px !important; 
}

#TabsToolbar &gt; .titlebar-placeholder:last-child { 
    margin-left: 5px !important; 
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #titlebar  {
  margin-bottom: -23px !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab[selected] {
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(242,246,251,.5), rgba(231,237,246,1))  !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]){
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(242,246,251,.1), rgba(231,237,246,.2)) !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):hover{
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(242,246,251,.4), rgba(231,237,246,.55)) !important;
}

.tabs-newtab-button {
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(242,246,251,.1), rgba(231,237,246,.2)) !important;
}

.tabs-newtab-button:hover{
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(242,246,251,.4), rgba(231,237,246,.55)) !important;
}

You'd also need Toolbar Appmenu Button and Download Statusbar. They can be found in Mozilla's addons website. :)