Show your browser layout

Dear dragon0823, I can't help it, but your aesthetics simply suck.

Mine currently in Chromium.

compactdpd.png

How were you able to remove the apps on the new tab page (mine, by default, has 'entanglement' and 'poppit' and can't find a way to uninstall it)

I'm using Chromium 13.0.764.0 (Developer Build 85186)

• 2 weeks later...

Why you use such old version of Nightly? You're outdated. You've been warned.

The new version of Nightly is 7.?1 for 30 whole minutes now. :p

What addons are you using for this layout?

Stratiform for most of the look. Strata40 squared for tabs, untitled for buttons, windows 7 for urlbar, wave for the icons, not sure what he is using for the app menu though.

Firefox 7.0 ?1

Stratiform 1.2 beta 1

Strata50 style option for toolbar + tab bar

fx7.png

Just finished mine:

post-248347-0-70169400-1306732491.png

Using Stratiform 1.2b1 with some Stylish scripts provided by SoapyHamHocks, Seahorsepip, and myself.

In case anyone wants the script:

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#appmenu-button {
    background-clip: padding-box !important;
    margin-bottom: 1px !important;
    margin-top: 1px !important;
    border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.3) !important;
    border-bottom: 0 !important;
    border-radius: 0 !important;
    border-top-left-radius: 3px !important;
    text-shadow: 0 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.3) !important;
    box-shadow: 0 1px 0 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2) inset, 1px 0 0 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2) inset, -1px 0 0 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.2) inset !important;
}

#TabsToolbar {
    -moz-padding-start: 0 !important;
}

#nav-bar {
    border-radius: 0 !important;
}

.tab-close-button {
    display: none !important;
}

scrollbar {
    visibility: collapse !important;
}

Would love to know how you achieved this look please!

it's flow addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/flow/

with some tweaks

Like Heartripper say it?s Flow addon with some tweaks:

- App Button Remove

- Stylish Style: Chrome-like Toolbars Buttons (for disable square button)

- Put nav arrows on default location of App Menu

- If you want a App Menu, you can install Toolbar Appmenu Button and change the icon...

It?s easy.

Enough already of these browser layouts that look best suited for public internet kiosks and/or mobile internet devices!

And now, a proper browser layout with standard GUI elements exactly where they should be. No dumbing down!

SM2-with-MostlyCrystalTheme--neowin.net--websafe.png

SeaMonkey 2.0.xx with Mostly Crystal theme.

The Title bar is where it should be, the Menu bar is where it should be, the standard Back/Forward/Reload/Stop/Home

buttons where they should be. The Personal (bookmarks) bar where it should be. The Tabs bar where it should be.

Aside from the extra buttons at the top alongside the Menu bar that are attributed to add-ons I regularly use, this is

pretty much how a standard browser GUI layout should be, with a place for everything, and everything in it's place,

but still with a decent level of customisation, so if you really want to hide anything, you still have that option.

Enough already of these browser layouts that look best suited for public internet kiosks and/or mobile internet devices!

And now, a proper browser layout with standard GUI elements exactly where they should be. No dumbing down!

SM2-with-MostlyCrystalTheme--neowin.net--websafe.png

The Title bar is where it should be, the Menu bar is where it should be, the standard Back/Forward/Reload/Stop/Home

buttons where they should be. The Personal (bookmarks) bar where it should be. The Tabs bar where it should be.

Aside from the extra buttons at the top alongside the Menu bar that are attributed to add-ons I regularly use, this is

pretty much how a standard browser GUI layout should be, with a place for everything, and everything in it's place,

but still with a decent level of customisation, so if you really want to hide anything, you still have that option.

2005 called, they want their browser interface back.

Yes, some browser layouts in this thread are way over the top. That said, I consider the new default UI of, say, Firefox ? 4.0 a sane evolution of the traditional UI.

To each their own I suppose.

Uh huh... the term "less is more applies here".