My New 2005 Mustang

Sweet ride! I'm a big fan of the new 'stangs, they are much better than the ones from the mid to late 90's. You take care of her dude....she's a sweet one! :yes:

Standard/stock?  I've never heard of a stock civic doing 6.6 for 0-60.

Do you have a link?

585602982[/snapback]

It means that the hot Civic can get there in just 6.6 seconds, which, according to the company, maintains the car's position as '...the fastest accelerating front-drive hatchback in the land'. It also makes the engine feel more responsive and the gearshift slicker - by virtue of the engine being able to shed revs more rapidly during upshifts.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/first_im...09/story_2.html

Then they go back to driving their old and busted crap their moms bought them.  These are the same people that belive the Intergra Hype R was a better car too but every car magazine proved otherwise, even the import bible import tuner.  And for the people that doubt a 6 Banger Stang can't be made into a true race machine, you need to find out about the Kenny Brown Club Racer.  A 6 banger modifed by Kenny Brown and beating 911's in club racing.

585602912[/snapback]

I seem to remember SCC racing a type-R against a GT and claiming it was a tie on a track.

I think you'll find fewer race modded V6s in this generation, since the V8 is so cheap. It would be equivalent to me making my WRX a race car, when I could just buy an STi and be (mostly) done with it, with a bigger engine to boot.

its not really on par with any of the v8 mustangs the 04 had 305 hp. not to bash but if you wanted speed thats not it with the weight to hp ratio. But you did get a very nice looking car :)

Sorry guy, but I have you beat.

Mine

Grats on the car, its a great ride. Get used to the stares from lots and lots of people, too.

Edit: I've done 13.3 quarters bone-stock. 0-60 in 5.0 or 5.1 usually

edit 2: 27k for a v6? Dude, you got taken to the cleaners. I hope thats canadian. I paid 27 including the 7 year extended warranty on mine. I've got every option possible except for the red leather and auto.

Edited by episode

I seem to remember SCC racing a type-R against a GT and claiming it was a tie on a track.

I think you'll find fewer race modded V6s in this generation, since the V8 is so cheap. It would be equivalent to me making my WRX a race car, when I could just buy an STi and be (mostly) done with it, with a bigger engine to boot.

585603290[/snapback]

well seing how the 2000 ITR cost 24k when new and the GT was about 22 not to mention the ITR was a race preped car and lightened(no sound deadening) the GT wasnt.

i bet they compaired it to the pre-99 GT for it to be close, the 99+ would win hands down

and there are a lot of v6 modifiersers, just look at www.3.8mustang.com

v6, 210 Hp, its all inefficient.  My Subaru gets 227hp out of a 2 litre flat 4.

585601416[/snapback]

your subaru is cheating. It's turbocharged. You can't compare the two.. cats and dogs.. oranges and apples.

And believe me.. I'm not biased here. In fact, I love imports more than I like domestics.. however, the outstanding fact is that u can't compare an N/A to an F/I. It's like saying your FR has better quarter-mile times than my FF or something.

just to make a point:

The people that keep complaining about the fact the car has 210hp obviously know NOTHING about what the motor can do. It was made to be a smooth running motor for a car focused at those that buy the Mustang just for the name and cant afford higher payments/insurance. It can also be made to produce over 400whp, its limited bacause Ford doesnt suport the v6 very much when it comes to in-house performance.

Its a very strong motor, but not designed for performance.

585600324[/snapback]

WOW.. are you kidding me? The insurance of a 17 year old (male) on a 2005 mustang has to be insanely HIGH. It defiantly was not made to have low-payment insurance rates.. (im talking about teenagers btw)

WOW.. are you kidding me? The insurance of a 17 year old (male) on a 2005 mustang has to be insanely HIGH. It defiantly was not made to have low-payment insurance rates.. (im talking about teenagers btw)

585604456[/snapback]

the difference for me between a 2000 zx2 and a 2001 mustang v6 was $90 6/mo i was 18yo 2 tickets and 1 accident

i knew a lot of guys in HS that owned v6's that THEY bought. not hes fault your poor

hmmm, never heard that befor. a "chick picking up car" maybe, but I've never known or heard of any chicks driving Mustangs.

what would be considered a "man car"? unless you mean all cars in general, and a real man drives a truck, lol.

585599856[/snapback]

Actually to many peoples surprise, the Mustang was made to satisfy females need for speed. They won't admit it today because 90% of Mustang drivers are men. But originally it was made for girls. So in a way, it IS a 'chick car' , but it also isn't.

Your car is very nice, think of all the people in this country that need food stamps to even eat food. Your fortunate.

Your car is very nice, think of all the people in this country that need food stamps to even eat food. Your fortunate.

585604710[/snapback]

There was a time when my family was on food stamps. I'm not fortunate -- just driven.

Drift it man! Drift it!!!!  :D  :D

585606615[/snapback]

haha I second that ^.. but legally of course XD

I'm sure u can do a couple of donuts even though the engine is only 210hp XD

nice, but 210 hp seems a bit weak for a 4.0 liter engine, geez.

585599825[/snapback]

It's american. The HP and torque on this car are the same as my 1.8 litre ;)

Still, the new mustangs are a huge improvement over the last ones. They actually look pretty nice.

It's american.  The HP and torque on this car are the same as my 1.8 litre ;)

Still, the new mustangs are a huge improvement over the last ones.  They actually look pretty nice.

585607421[/snapback]

its stupid to compare a NA to a turbo

Very nice car.. not a big fan of American motors normally I have to say, but the new Mustang most definately floats my boat.

A pity that it will cost the equivilant of something like $60,000 whenever it goes on sale in limited numbers over here.. the exhange rate sucks for us on American things :(

i cant believe they still sell cars with that big engines and 2 valves per cylinder.  thats rediculous.

585600986[/snapback]

Actually not at all, Chevy extensively researched v8 engines when desiging hte LS1 engine, turns out that if you want to make big power a single cam pushrod engine is the way to go. Less moving parts, not exactly as efficient, but more capable than any twin ohc engine out there.

Also teh stupid stripe is the same stupid stripe on the 64-70 mustangs in various forms, most notably the gt350's and gt500s. Its now known as the v6 pride stripe due to the fact that its only on hte v6 stangs lol.

Nice purchase, i agree v6 stang = girls car, v8 stang = mans car.

Ill stick with my '72 Chevelle for now :p