MP3/MPEG4 Player for Nintendo DS

I have seen way too many people unaware of this player, who keep saying PSP is the only media centre and not DS. Well surprise, surprise..

Product Features

# Japanese language product.

# For Gameboy Advance SP and Nintendo DS only - Also tested compatible with the standard GBA by IGN

# Playback MPEG4 videos and MP3 music from SD memory cards

# Maximum resolution NDS: 256 x 192 pixels

# Maximum resolution GBA: 240 x 160 pixels

# Does not support SD-Video in extra fine mode (320x240/30fps)

# Supports VBR and allows playback of MP3 files with bit rates of 32-320kbps

# Normally only available through Nintendo's web site in Japan

Description

Nintendo has announced that it will release a new adapter for the Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo DS. Tentatively named Play-Yan, the adapter will let the handhelds play back MPEG-4 video and MP3 audio files from SD memory cards

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=6239

Or there is a cheaper alternate:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=3983

Product Features

# Plays movies, music, FC games and e-books on your GBA or Nintendo DS

# Includes Windows? software to convert or create content

# Based on Windows? DirectX? (whatever your PC can play can be converted to the GBA)

# Compatible to standard Compact Flash? cards (even the largest ones!)

# Firmware upgradeable through Compact Flash? via free download

# Works with all Gameboy Advance? systems sold worldwide

# Compact Flash? Card not included

# Plays FC games and other homebrew applications (max. 192kb)

# Lik Sang Bonus: Exclusive Demo CD-ROM with 450 Mega Bytes movie files

# Also compatible with Nintendo DS (works and looks great)

# This product is not licensed, endorsed or sponsored by Nintendo.

# Computer Requirement: CPU Pentium III 1G or higher, Memory 128MB or more, HD 400MB or more, OS Windows XP/2000/ME

Description

The GBA Movie Player enables you to use your Gameboy Advance? or Gameboy Advance SP? to play video and audio files and read e-books from standard Compact Flash? cards. You can use your PC and a normal Compact Flash card reader to transfer and convert your media files to the Compact Flash cards. The included software even converts files directly from DVD to the proper GBA format. The GBA Movie Player supports 'multi tasking', meaning that you can play songs while you are reading e-books in simple text format.

To be honest, I don't really know the difference between the two... Could some point them out?

Yeah, but the PSP doesent need any addon's to be able to play moves/mp3s..so ner :p

585609698[/snapback]

Heh.. knew someone would say that.

I was just calculating how much I would need to spend on my DS:

Nintendo DS with WarioWare Touched! and accesories: ?125

MP3/MPEG4 Player: ?25

Still seems cheaper than the ps:p:p

585609709[/snapback]

buying the Nintendo DS SP edition released later in the year: priceless

buying the Nintendo DS SP edition released later in the year: priceless

585609714[/snapback]

I sincerely doubt that. No official word of any revision for the DS, especially since it's doing so well.

As for the media player, it's for japan only. But if you read the interviews done by Reggie (Marketing VP in US), he did mention that they hoping to release a US version with the ability to download free music. So I suggest anyone interested in this device to wait. Maybe they will reveal something at E3 in may.

That's obviously too dangerous, don't bother.

585610764[/snapback]

:rofl:

on topic: i like the psp better..but cant wiat for the new GBA...its gonna be crazyyy...(i actually donnu..just rumorz..)

:rofl:

on topic: i like the psp better..but cant wiat for the new GBA...its gonna be crazyyy...(i actually donnu..just rumorz..)

585611627[/snapback]

There is no new GBA. There won't be one till 2008. These were rumors spread by the fags at IGN which a month later they retracted. Also at GDC reggie confirmed that these were mere rumors and that they are far from releasing any kind of next gen GBA out for long time.

585609709[/snapback]

Yup, but the PSP is designed to do things like this, thus it will proberbly do a better job of it. And be a lot cleary whilst playing movies and such.

585610764[/snapback]

Lmao:rofl:l:

585610764[/snapback]

Lmfao

On topic: I've decided to wait for PSP to come out in the UK, and then look for cheap deals for it.. as I can't find any now on the internet.

There is no new GBA. There won't be one till 2008. These were rumors spread by the fags at IGN which a month later they retracted. Also at GDC reggie confirmed that these were mere rumors and that they are far from releasing any kind of next gen GBA out for long time.

585611705[/snapback]

The power of rumors are amazing here on neowin :pinch:

I have seen way too many people unaware of this player, who keep saying PSP is the only media centre and not DS. Well surprise, surprise..

Sure, DS has media capabilities, but I know which one I'd rather be watching movies on...

post-22550-1104905982.jpg

the DS is a pointless waste of money with nintento already annoucing there next handheld for next year release i think

585610755[/snapback]

DS and the next GBA are gonna be completely different. You cant say its not worth buying. I can easily say that the next GBA wont have a touch screen. Thats for the DS.

DS and the next GBA are gonna be completely different. You cant say its not worth buying. I can easily say that the next GBA wont have a touch screen. Thats for the DS.

585612156[/snapback]

I think the idea of talking about a new GBA is ludicrous at this point. It's like talking about the next-gen console after revolution.

Annatar, if you've been following news you'd know that the next GBA is in fact planned for release later this year. The DS is not a gameboy. Its a completely separate line. And since the GBA SP is quite old now, its about time for a new gameboy on the market. (this would in fact be the direct competitor with PSP, not the DS)

Annatar, if you've been following news you'd know that the next GBA is in fact planned for release later this year. The DS is not a gameboy. Its a completely separate line. And since the GBA SP is quite old now, its about time for a new gameboy on the market. (this would in fact be the direct competitor with PSP, not the DS)

585612916[/snapback]

Where is this fact of yours? Show me this evidence. I think Reggie, VP of marketing of NOA, has more credibility than your "fact", since he confirmed that GBA successor is far from being released. Don't expect it to be out till 2008.

www.ign.com

Go lisen to the GDC interview.

What fact. The only time I said fact was about how the DS was not a competitor with PSP. If you mean that its planned for later this year, im not gonna bother looking through news just to prove it to you. I check cube-europe.com and random other sites.

well it seems cheaper, but u still have to buy the sd cards.. the psp has way better graphics, native memory card duo support, wi-fi, tho it cost more but i find im actually getting more for that price tag of 250 bux

What fact. The only time I said fact was about how the DS was not a competitor with PSP. If you mean that its planned for later this year, im not gonna bother looking through news just to prove it to you. I check cube-europe.com and random other sites.

585613010[/snapback]

Then you are wrong and be greatly dissapointed at E3. Stop being in denial, there is no GBA 2 coming this year.

well it seems cheaper, but u still have to buy the sd cards.. the  psp has way better graphics, native memory card duo support, wi-fi, tho it cost more but i find im actually getting more for that price tag of 250 bux

585613108[/snapback]

Why do people keep on mentioning Wi-Fi? They both have Wi-Fi.

I think you will find it is, check the gamers news.

EDIT: I saved you the trouble - https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=27266&category=gamers

Do you believe now, stop being in denial there is a GBA 2 coming this year.

585616957[/snapback]

Sponge is an unreliable news site, they will say anything just to get people to go to their webiste.

Here, I will give you a reliable source that there is no next generation GBA coming out soon.

IGNcube: Is the next Game Boy in development?

Reggie: There are a lot of rumors out there on the next Game Boy. And quite frankly, it's a lot of rumor and speculation at this point. We're always thinking about our next generation, whether it's DS, whether it's Revolution or whether it's Game Boy Advance. When will that next system come out? We've got some time to go.

Video of interview

Now tell me, does that give you the impression of an imminent release or showcase of a new handheld from Nintendo? Does releasing a new handheld when already a new one just got out sound logical to you in a business sense? :rolleyes: