MP3/MPEG4 Player for Nintendo DS

If they aren't getting the intended audience to buy the DS, then yes, a new GBA would be a good introduction.

It does seem odd that Nintendo removed Gameboy from the DS's title, and does make you think maybe there will be another, purely games orientated handheld console out.

If they aren't getting the intended audience to buy the DS, then yes, a new GBA would be a good introduction.

It does seem odd that Nintendo removed Gameboy from the DS's title, and does make you think maybe there will be another, purely games orientated handheld console out.

585617185[/snapback]

Nintendo DS is a game oriented console, just not traditional gaming. I agree there probably be a next-gen successor of GBA, but I seriously doubt we will see anything before late 2007-2008.

When the hell is it coming out in the US???

And How much???

That's what I like to know...

I don't really want to know BS like it's already in Japan, but when in America???

Edited by JediXAngel

When the hell is it coming out in the US???

And How much???

That's what I like to know...

I don't really want to know BS like it's already in Japan, but when in America???

585617500[/snapback]

Which part of rumor don't you understand? Don't trouble yourself.

585617185[/snapback]

Game Boy was never in the title was it?

Can't remove something that was never there.

ok...ds fanboys psp fanboys shusshhhhh~!~

I am a nintendo/sony owner and I can say this...psp kicks the **** out of ds and gba as a portable gaming device for anyone over the age of 15. That being said...the gameboy and ds are kiddie...want a touch screen buy a pocket pc. Its much better-

There won't be a new gba this year and the biggest evidence is the fact that nintendo hasn't announced it. If they did they could somewhat detract from the psp sells that will inevidable whipe out nintendos unchallenged rein on the handhel market.

Many DS fanboys are angry because they didn't wait for the psp and now they've wasted 150-300$ on the console and they wish they'd chosen in favor of the psp...price of not being patient.

Jake-

ok...ds fanboys psp fanboys shusshhhhh~!~

I am a nintendo/sony owner and I can say this...psp kicks the **** out of ds and gba as a portable gaming device for anyone over the age of 15.  That being said...the gameboy and ds are kiddie...want a touch screen buy a pocket pc.  Its much better-

There won't be a new gba this year and the biggest evidence is the fact that nintendo hasn't announced it.  If they did they could somewhat detract from the psp sells that will inevidable whipe out nintendos unchallenged rein on the handhel market.

Many DS fanboys are angry because they didn't wait for the psp and now they've wasted 150-300$ on the console and they wish they'd chosen in favor of the psp...price of not being patient.

Jake-

585618286[/snapback]

Are you kidding? You are the biggest Sony fanboy I have ever seen. I agree, take your own advice.

people why are we hating competition is a good thing now we have a choice. an more games will come out of it because of that choice. which means the consumer wins. why all this psp vs ds nosense.

The ds would be better if it were only one screen. one big touch screen. why does it have to have 2?

I wish I worked for nintendo. My ideas are 150% gold

I'm stating the facts...I advocated for the DS back when it was launched I dropped a paycheck and a half on one...I am wholly disappointed I touch screen is completely pointless...Im sick of stupid threads like Sony is going under cause of the psp and other ****...its a jelously thing more than anything else...I never started any thread like that...I attended the GDC last week and I watched the psp in action...im sorry but as a person whos used both now...it isn't looking good for nintendo- and the gba2 is simply marketing...you would announced your product before your competition goes on sale w/ theres- basic economics

Jake-

• 2 weeks later...
people why are we hating competition is a good thing now we have a choice.  an more games will come out of it because of that choice.  which means the consumer wins.  why all this psp vs ds nosense.

585618349[/snapback]

FINALLY, someone who makes sense!!

Okay, everyone else is off topic, I may as well be too for a little bit...

Anyway... I am a Nintendo fanatic (not fanboy though, lol), and yes, I got the DS the day it came out, hoping to get Mario Kart and Metroid, and Castlevania even, sometime around March-May... of course they are all now pushed back to around September or so.

Now, before you get all hissy-fitty on me, know that I also bought a PSP on its release day her e in the US. I just got Untold Legends, and I must say, that game is hella fun. My friend and I are finding ways to even play it over the internet, rather than the LAN capability that it has. Overall, the PSP is very impressive, especially for a Sony device, considering how terrible the PS2 was in comparison to XB and NGC.

And again, don't go all crazy on me with that, that is just an opinion, and most of your arguements would consist of "Nintendo's games sucked, PS2 had GTA" yeah yeah that is just crap, so don't bother, this isn't the thread for it anyway.

Overall, I must say that I play my PSP and DS nearly perfectly evenly. I am totally hooked on the Minigames in Mario DS (especially the shell-knocking one) and I just got WarioWare Touched! for free (I work at EBGames and Microcenter.. I get all the good stuff and promos, hehe) PSP I am hooked on Untold Legends right now, and until a better game comes out (Crisis Core, anyone??) I'll be playing UL d:

Okay, my whole post was just to even things out with some of the other off-topic posts here... now back to the topic!! The Play-Yan, IMO, shouldn't be used with the DS at all, that's just dumb. Pluck yourself a GBA or an SP off eBay for like 20 bucks if you really think one of these things are neccessary, but I, myself, would never use this on my DS, that is for games, and games alone. As for comparison to the PSP.... there is none. That is of course, except the media involved. SD cards are much more widely used, and hell, they are much cheaper too, even though you don't HAVE to use a PRO DUO in your PSP, they just say that in the manual.. if you didn't notice, the card the PSP comes with isnt a PRO at all, it's only a 32MB MemoryStick Duo.

Okay... that's it, I'm sure you people have read quite enough already d:

The ONLY WAY Nintendo can redeem itself is to release a addon for Voice Recorder, and Organizer, Save what you draw, and YES Chat Over the Internet, that's the ONLY way Nintendo can redeem themselves to me!

They are OWNED by SONY, but are lucky that sales for PSP aren't big.

The ONLY WAY Nintendo can redeem itself is to release a addon for Voice Recorder, and Organizer, Save what you draw, and YES Chat Over the Internet, that's the ONLY way Nintendo can redeem themselves to me!

They are OWNED by SONY, but are lucky that sales for PSP aren't big.

585679560[/snapback]

Agreed a lil there. And when the psp prices come down, its all over ;)

I'm stating the facts...I advocated for the DS back when it was launched I dropped a paycheck and a half on one...I am wholly disappointed I touch screen is completely pointless...Im sick of stupid threads like Sony is going under cause of the psp and other ****...its a jelously thing more than anything else...I never started any thread like that...I attended the GDC last week and I watched the psp in action...im sorry but as a person whos used both now...it isn't looking good for nintendo- and the gba2 is simply marketing...you would announced your product before your competition goes on sale w/ theres- basic economics

Jake-

585618410[/snapback]

Rofl!

Ok everybody this is a scientifically proven FACT:

The DS sucks!

I am a nintendo/sony owner and I can say this...psp kicks the **** out of ds and gba as a portable gaming device for anyone over the age of 15.  That being said...the gameboy and ds are kiddie...want a touch screen buy a pocket pc.  Its much better-

585618286[/snapback]

:no: If this is what the future of console and hand-held gamers are like then I don't want a part of it. I feel like going back to the PC only when I hear crap like this. The kiddy name calling is getting really old really fast.

Anybody going off topic after this post will have a warning placed on their account

Geez guys, grow up and leave that crap off of Neowin.

^Thanks. :)

Back to topic: I think that mp3/mpeg player is a lil too big and..ugly.

Guess DS owners would have to wait for the official one then.