2006 BMW 7 Series

I went to te website. And if you get the right package it comes with 13 speakers and a subwoofer. Sounds good :laugh:

I went to te website. And if you get the right package it comes with 13 speakers and a subwoofer. Sounds good  :laugh:

585793822[/snapback]

pun intended? :p

I went to te website. And if you get the right package it comes with 13 speakers and a subwoofer. Sounds good  :laugh:

585793822[/snapback]

Doesn't matter if you have a hundred speakers. If they aren't hooked up right and set up the right way, it's a piece of trash.

Just like a quad cpu system running Windows XP Home.

pun intended? :p

585793888[/snapback]

Not quite sure :p

Doesn't matter if you have a hundred speakers. If they aren't hooked up right and set up the right way, it's a piece of trash.

Just like a quad cpu system running Windows XP Home.

585794025[/snapback]

And im just figuring if you spend 100G plus on a car, it should have an above avarge. I dont mean something like 1000W 15" sub. I just wanted to know if it had descent lows.

How would it compare to the Escalades sound system?

Not quite sure :p

And im just figuring if you spend 100G plus on a car, it should have an above avarge. I dont mean something like 1000W 15" sub. I just wanted to know if it had descent lows.

How would it compare to the Escalades sound system?

585794866[/snapback]

Well, putting in that 15" sub wouldn't be a good idea either. Not everyone who buys a car at this level wants to buy a car with a lot of bass, but then again, people want something clear as well. That's why I believe Lexus has the best approach. They have Mark Levinson engineers work their brains out trying to design the system around the car, rather than just throwing in a few tweeters here, some 6x9's there, and add two 8 inch subs to call it a day.

I'll be honest, I haven't heard a stock Escalade sound system. :)

It use Bose though doens't it? That'll kinda give you an idea of how good (... bad) it is.

actually... i was thinking that out of all the cars that bmw makes.... that one was the ugliest... sorry.

just to let you all know Bangles contract has been cancelled and ends begining of 2006.

YAY

supposedly the guy who did the E36/E46 era is coming back YE HAA

it's all good good good.

just to let you all know Bangles contract has been cancelled and ends begining of 2006.

YAY

it's all good good good.

585796237[/snapback]

that is FCUKING GOOD NEWS

YAY

it's all good good good.

585796237[/snapback]

WHAT? Link? :blink:

I love all of Bangle's designs. The E60 and E87 are the best looking cars ever.

Well, putting in that 15" sub wouldn't be a good idea either. Not everyone who buys a car at this level wants to buy a car with a lot of bass, but then again, people want something clear as well. That's why I believe Lexus has the best approach. They have Mark Levinson engineers work their brains out trying to design the system around the car, rather than just throwing in a few tweeters here, some 6x9's there, and add two 8 inch subs to call it a day.

I'll be honest, I haven't heard a stock Escalade sound system. :)

It use Bose though doens't it? That'll kinda give you an idea of how good (... bad) it is.

585795146[/snapback]

My fathers escalade has a killer sound system. It is just the one from bose. But with the bass cranked it sounds amazing.

Damn, BMW keeps getting better and better. The 7 series is probably my least favorite out of all of their cars, but it still looks damn good.

Add me to the Bangle hater list.

I too once loved BMW's designs, but now all I can look at are the numbers.. If I block out all the thoughts of the horrendous designs I can see that marvelous BMW.

That engine.. the performance.. the steering feel.. ohhh BMW please complete the image.. you have so much potential.

My fathers escalade has a killer sound system. It is just the one from bose. But with the bass cranked it sounds amazing.

585799797[/snapback]

I'm sure it's great, but just the fact that it's Bose limits the expectations I have for it. :(

Speaking of which, I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to check out the ESV. We need a people hauler.

Athlonix: Link for the news source? I heard his son had commited suicide or something along those lines.

I'm sure it's great, but just the fact that it's Bose limits the expectations I have for it. :(

Speaking of which, I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to check out the ESV. We need a people hauler.

Athlonix: Link for the news source? I heard his son had commited suicide or something along those lines.

585815748[/snapback]

Bring a bassy cd, and crank the bass when you test the ESV out, you will be suprised.

Bring a bassy cd, and crank the bass when you test the ESV out, you will be suprised.

585818915[/snapback]

I did, I took some D&B stuff and some heavy metal. It wasn't as good as what I was looking for, but it was better then the Bose in Mercedes and Infiniti.

I can't wait for Lexus to resdesign their LX. The Infiniti QX56 has a ****-poor audio system as well.

• 2 weeks later...

why do some ppl call the BMW cars e60, e46 etc? i know the e60 is the 5 series, and the e46 is the 3 series, but whats with their names? im sure there is some siginifcance but i cant figure it out

why do some ppl call the BMW cars e60, e46 etc? i know the e60 is the 5 series, and the  e46 is the 3 series, but whats with their names? im sure there is some siginifcance but i cant figure it out

585866863[/snapback]

Chassis codes.

For Mercedes it's similair such as W211, W220, R230 etc.,

I think the other guys have them as well, like Lexus has UCF11 IIRC and stuff. I know BMW and Mercedes well, but the others I don't.