Emulators for the PSP?

With the PSP coming out soon I have been discussing if emulators for the PSP will be made sometime soon. Giving the PSP to capability to play Say SNES games would be awesome and it seem possible given the PSP uses memory sticks. Has anybody heard about any emulators in development for the PSP yet? Just curious!

With the PSP coming out soon I have been discussing if emulators for the PSP will be made sometime soon.  Giving the PSP to capability to play Say SNES games would be awesome and it seem possible given the PSP uses memory sticks.  Has anybody heard about any emulators in development for the PSP yet?  Just curious!

585640198[/snapback]

Nope you are out of luck man :s .

BTW welcome to neowin :)

Nope you are out of luck man :s .

BTW welcome to neowin :)

585640208[/snapback]

Thanks man I have been lurkng for a while just hoping somebody would have an answer to this since its been on my mind for a while!

I know for a fact that somebody is goin to break the code and play psp games free.

like the ds (there are already building a emulator for pc to play ds games)

I know for a fact that somebody is goin to break the code and play psp games free.

like the ds (there are already building a emulator for pc to play ds games)

585640224[/snapback]

and how do you get the games from the psp to pc?

eh?

Connect the usb cable to the psp while a game is inside and simply extract the data? :no:

Being able PSP games on your PC would be nice but I could careless I rather be able to play roms on the PSP itself. It would almost make it worth the $250 price tag since it would add another feature to an already great system!

and how do you get the games from the psp to pc?

eh?

Connect the usb cable to the psp while a game is inside and simply extract the data?  :no:

585640256[/snapback]

maybe you never know.

Also i ment that warez groups will start releasing psp games and transfer them via memory stick. thats what i am wating for.

The last time i bought a game was for gameboy color.

i don't think he means emulating THE PSP.... but emulating OTHER things ON THE PSP :p

i haven't heard of any projects... give it some time :)

afaik there is no emulator for gamecube or xbox yet even and they have been out for 4 years

585640220[/snapback]

He means, emulators that run ON the PSP that emulate other systems. Not an emulator that runs PSP games! :no:

I would think it would be a while before any were developed, i'm not even sure that programs could be executed from the memory stick?

Well not right now, but people are trying to put linux on the ds and psp so keep your fingers crossed for someone to make that :)

585640304[/snapback]

If someone got linux to run on the PSP I would imagine that making emulators would be childs play from there am I right? OMG I hope that is true and I hope they get it to work!

Um...there are emus for PS2, Xbox, and GC, what are you guys talking about?

585640266[/snapback]

yea but none are going to run any commercial games at 100%

I might actually get a PSP if the emulation scene is as big as it was for Dreamcast. I'd love to play nes, snes, and gba games through PSP at full speed. I'd imagine it'd be pretty possible due to the use of memory sticks and such.

well i think there will be a real good chance for emulation considering that sony really set the psp up for developing for all type of people. So it should be reality that we would have one that we just load onto the memory card or possibly do a network play were u can just load the game from ur pc? endless possibilities

If someone got linux to run on the PSP I would imagine that making emulators would be childs play from there am I right?  OMG I hope that is true and I hope they get it to work!

585640318[/snapback]

;) Here

yea but none are going to run any commercial games at 100%

585640336[/snapback]

I don't know what you're smoking, I'm playing Super Mario on SNES on my xbox right now at full speed and I have seen it done on the GC and PS2.

you wish, there's still no ps2 emulator and its been out for longer and its almost the same in terms of power (not quite but close)

585640222[/snapback]

Read his post, that's not what he's asking for. :rolleyes:

I don't know what you're smoking, I'm playing Super Mario on SNES on my xbox right now at full speed and I have seen it done on the GC and PS2.

585640923[/snapback]

pc emulators that emulate Xbox,PS2, GC not emu's on those consoles