Emulators for the PSP?

Just to help... most of the replies are not what the topic starter is asking about!

He's talking (I think) about emulators that run ON the psp, not emulators for the PSP that run on a computer.

Giving the PSP to capability to play Say SNES games would be awesome and it seem possible given the PSP uses memory sticks

Just to help... most of the replies are not what the topic starter is asking about!

He's talking (I think) about emulators that run ON the psp, not emulators for the PSP that run on a computer.

585656440[/snapback]

Just to reclarify yes Zachman123 thats what I ment from the start. Today with the PSP coming out I am hoping for some miracle developments on the PSPLinux project that Liquid linked to earlier does anyone know if any programmers or anything are getting ideas cause i can't wait for PSP to have more capabiltys.

The real problem lies in figuring out how to execute code directly from the Memory Stick. Maybe dupe the PSP into thinking it's a media file or something, I dunno, but it's gonna be a while before we see any real developments. I mean, it was only a little while ago that SNES emulation became even somewhat possible on the GBA.

anyways; if there were some emulators coming out for the PSP this would add a whole new dimension for me, like some people have said... because it maybe would be possible to use wifi to play against one another :D

one of the main reasons i would consider getting a PSP is to run a snes emulator on it and play some of the classic rpgs like terramigma, secret of mana, chrona-trigger etc. I don't care what any of you think but i feel that games have been cr*p since those days, they have lost the whole long-term playability thing for me and i miss the proper rpgs as the new style ones are tacky neverwinter nights style or cheesy pop-cultured sh*t like the Final Fantasy games have become

I found this forum because I myself am looking for emulators to run on my PSP. I have been on the search for about 2 hours now, ever since i found this video. http://www.wsu.edu/~jerbrown/smb3onpsp.wmv If anyone can get some more info on how this guy did this that would be awesome. I already checked the site that makes up the majority of the url with no luck though.