PSP: How many pixel anomalies

i have one black and one white one, i'm planning on taking it back and exchanging it monday or tomarrow, but just to get a feel for how many tries it will take me, how many bad ones do you have (and i'll have to lose my spiderman 2 umd won't i, or should i just not return that part)

i have one in the upper right thats stuck on red i believe. other than that the rest of the screen is fine. i bought the service plan from bb so if i ever get supremely annoyed i will take it back within 2 years.

Well I counted em

5 dead

1/2 stuck

Im not gonna bother returning it. They are annoying but are hardly visible during racing games.

I have other things to worry about when playing games.

I had 3 dead pixels on bottom right with one being pretty noticable. So i took it back to best buy and opened up my 2nd one in front of them. It had one white speck in middle at very bottom behind the glass that looked annoying so i opened a third one there and it was flawless. third time was a charm.

None this time.. knock on wood.

I had to return two GB DS's because they had 4+ dead pixels.

However, I found it interesting that in Sony's PSP guide around page 4 or 6 it says that "Dead pixels are normal in LCD screens."

The hell they are. It shows that the company has low levels of quality control and figures it's customers will just accept the pixels.

All these people that spent hours queueing for this, and they are gonna end up with faulty goods.

None this time.. knock on wood.

I had to return two GB DS's because they had 4+ dead pixels.

However, I found it interesting that in Sony's PSP guide around page 4 or 6 it says that "Dead pixels are normal in LCD screens."

The hell they are. It shows that the company has low levels of quality control and figures it's customers will just accept the pixels.

585672047[/snapback]

Yeah this really ****ed me off, especially when it's the highest priced handheld gaming system in the country. I have two friends, one who has 10 dead pixels and counting, and another who has 40, COUNT EM, 40 dead pixels! Then I read online (and saw the pics) of yet *another* guy who had half of his screen blanked out, AND massive white pixels on the other half! All that and sony still refuses to replace them. On top of that, people have also been reporting dust under the screen and even remarkably deep scratches on the screen. There's no way I'm buying my PSP without getting a 2 year service plan, and this is an outrage to all the people who buy them and have to live with it. Also, from the research I gathered, if you don't have dead or stuck pixels now, you can bet money they will show up within the coming weeks. :angry:

Don't most LCD monitors have a policy where if you have a certain amount of dead pixels, you can replace it? Doesn't even Newegg.com offer it's own pixel replacement policy of 6 or more pixels before you can replace it? Didn't Nintendo have a policy where if the DS had *one* dead pixel, they'd replace it? 6 not enough? How's 40 sound?

2 dead here, 1 piece of dirt under the screen, and 1 blue "stuck" pixel.

Bought the $25 EB warrenty so when the launch rush is over I'll head on in and get it replaced.

I love how they'll replace it (if you have the PRP) for almost anything.... Even something as little as a scratch or as big is it cracking in half.

LOL

u sure its samsung?

becuz it looks pretty identical to Sharps, as far as i remember Jap systems had same problems... perhaps its when they moved them some boxes dropped on the floor or what not

I've heard that about half of all psps have atleast one dead or stuck pixel. That's pretty awful quality control if you ask me. I've bought 4 lcds (a 17", 2 19", and a 20") and none of them have had one dead pixel. If those can have none, then sony really needs to start being more picky about which lcds they choose to keep and throw out. Oh wait, they are probably selling this thing at a loss, or almost at a loss and can't afford quality control on the screens, yay.

I had 5+ dead pixels (appeared white on black screens) in the bottom middle of the screen. I exchanged same day (yesterday) and the new one looks fine.

Well I counted em

5 dead

1/2 stuck

Im not gonna bother returning it.  They are annoying but are hardly visible during racing games.

I have other things to worry about when playing games.

585672010[/snapback]

Alpha, why on earth would you accept it the way it is? Exchange it, you paid enough for NO DEAD PIXELS.

I wonder how stupid some of you people really are oo. Anyways if you have an exessive amount of pixels I am sure sony will take it back but yes they won't take it back for just a few but probably 8 within a certain diameter. And if they only released flawless lcd's then what do you think would happen to the already high $250 price o0? It sure ain't as hell going down. Also whats this crap about buying warranties o0, here is what you do if your psp is defective and they are giving you are hard time getting it exchanged simply go to walmart buy it and swap the contents, sure beats shipping it off to sony even at that if they will fix whatever your issue is. But is this ethical? well its all going to the same place because it will be sent back to sony for repair or whatever so it does not really matter(yes there is a serial number on the box and the psp but no one ever checks it)

585672047[/snapback]

Whoa, that's pretty shocking to hear. I wonder if they're fooling anybody with such a statement. Looking through this topic, it seems like the PS2 Disc Read Error problem all over again.

Dead pixels are quite normal., and you can't complain about the cost. Do you know how much more the console would be if they had a 0 dead pixel tolerancy? Also, half the screen blanked sounds bull****. I've seen entire rows or columns though.

PS don't act like its a sony thing. Makers of LCD monitors normally need like 3-5 dead pixels before they replace a monitor.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20030319/

to be honest this isn't a problem limited to sony psp's i sent back three apple laptops because of bad pixels before i gave up on one of those, the thing about the psp is it's such a high resolution it really is hard to notice pixel problems if you just have 1 or 2 (except on still screens like loading screens or menus), i'm still planning on taking mine back and getting it replaced, my question is what should i do about my spiderman 2 umd, just put it back in there and accept that i really probably rarely watch it or keep it return the rest of the package?