The Official Mac OS X "Tiger" Thread

Can you be somewhat more specific?

I want to hide this folder: Users/MyName/Documents/Microsoft User Data

what exactly do I have to type in Terminal?

585807598[/snapback]

cd /Users/MyName/Documents
mv Microsoft\ User\ Data .Microsoft\ User\ Data

Note that the "\" before the spaces tell Terminal to treat the spaces as part of the filename.

cd /Users/MyName/Documents
mv Microsoft\ User\ Data .Microsoft\ User\ Data

Note that the "\" before the spaces tell Terminal to treat the spaces as part of the filename.

585807610[/snapback]

Or just use quotation marks.

Quick question, would it be a good idea to do a archive/install, drag all the things I need to Tiger then just delete the Panther folder?

Quick question, would it be a good idea to do a archive/install, drag all the things I need to Tiger then just delete the Panther folder?

585808348[/snapback]

Yep, that will work fine.

Now if i signed up for the ADC member ship. Would i get the beta builds plus the final release? Or do you guys just get like the last beta before release.

Now if i signed up for the ADC member ship. Would i get the beta builds plus the final release? Or do you guys just get like the last beta before release.

585808432[/snapback]

We are supposed to get all builds, including GM. My Tiger Early Start kit came with builds 8A414 of both client and server, along with a copy of Panther on CD, and a few other things.

No Tiger support threads are allowed.  You are either breaking your NDA, or downloading it illegally.  Do not ask them here until Tiger is publicly released.

thread cleaned

585810896[/snapback]

But all those screenshots are allowed all of a sudden? Yeah right.

Tip of the day: Don't mouth off to the mods

585812161[/snapback]

Tip of the day: Don't be a suck up

Never mind, I didn't said anything (at least not to Chad). He removed those too.

Sorry ;)

Some people have seemed to have gotten their legitimate copies already, if not very soon. Why not be able to post support questions? It usually warrants very little information about Tiger actually being released.

I love the copied announcement from MacNN, very original. I also love the whole section here at neowin on Windows Beta. But of course, everyone in there obtained it legally and are not breaking NDA. :rolleyes:

I love the copied announcement from MacNN, very original. I also love the whole section here at neowin on Windows Beta. But of course, everyone in there obtained it legally and are not breaking NDA. :rolleyes:

585813279[/snapback]

Yeah, it is hard to believe they copied it word for word, lol.

Some people have seemed to have gotten their legitimate copies already, if not very soon. Why not be able to post support questions? It usually warrants very little information about Tiger actually being released.

585812217[/snapback]

Since Apple isn't officially supporting the OS until release date, neither will we. And to be honest, we really don't have any way of knowing if they are using a legit copy or not.

585813279[/snapback]

Yeah, it is hard to believe they copied it word for word, lol.

585813295[/snapback]

It's hard to believe you guys will find anything to whine about. If you have a problem, pm me about it.

No Tiger support threads are allowed.  You are either breaking your NDA, or downloading it illegally.  Do not ask them here until Tiger is publicly released.

thread cleaned

585810896[/snapback]

So, support talk about an OS 7 days from release is prohibited, but we have all kinds of threads about installing, running and troubleshooting Longhorn, which isn't even in Beta yet...

next friday i'll be heading right over to the SoHo store and getting in line with everyone else...

Alright. If anyone has a problem or comment, send it via pm. Let's keep the off-topic talk out.

when its the release day are we allowed to have support threads?

As soon as Apple has copies for sale on April 29, you can ask as many support questions as you want