Linksys router don't like SBC Global DSL

Well for some reason my router does not like SBC Yahoo DSL. I had cable and never had problems. My problem is....

I can't connect to the following services/sites

mail.yahoo.com

www.ebay.com

anything MSN (site, messenger, etc.)

Anyone had this problem and can help me?

Have you tried resyncing the DSL modem? (turn off, leave off for like 30 seconds, turn back on)

Possibly check to make sure you are running nothing, probably would be new, that could be blocking those sites and even others you may not even know of? Such as some type of program like BlockManager might do that or even spyware (especially in your hosts file), so check for that if you never have.

I doubt it's the above, might just need to just resync your DSL modem, I have SBC Yahoo! DSL, love it, not having any problems with accessing any of the sites but does not always mean there is not a problem though, could be a problem with the DNS server you are on, if I'm correct/I think. I would try calling SBC in another day if you continue to have problems.

when I disconnect the router and only use the DSL modem I get all the sites/services I couldn't get with the router plugged in. So i'm thinking it's got to be some compatability issue between them somewhere. I called SBC and they said there was nothing they could do because when I plugged directly to the modem everything worked.

I have a linksys router with SBC. Every once in a while I have to restart both the router AND the modem. Seems like they just get "lost". I have all kinds of light activity but no true network activity.

Just a thought.