Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I really need a huge favor. A close friend of mine died sunday. And I'm needing a edited version of Greenday's boulevard of broken dreams. Edited as in no cuss words. Its for his funeral. If anyone of you guys can help me get this ASAP, I'd apreciate it. :cry:

RIP Austin Ganes

are u sure that would be appropriate for a funeral? also, this is neowin, you can't give people MP3s that aren't originally free even if it's a radio edit. go to walmart and see if you can get a radio edit cd or something like that. i think they have them.

How about if i send someone my copy of the song, will somone edit out the F word? Is this legal?

585798705[/snapback]

I don't think this is legal either. You are altering someone elses work. I could be wrong though

Stupid greenday, why do they even have to swear in their songs! It's totally un-needed.... Anyway, download a radio edit version of the song.

damn. I have a radio edit but all it does is silence that part. I want it so i dont hear it

585798738[/snapback]

If they silence it, whats the problem. If you remove it, the song will jump.

Also, if it silences it, you don't here it. Silence means no sound

If they silence it, whats the problem.  If you remove it, the song will jump.

Also, if it silences it, you don't here it.  Silence means no sound

585798768[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. :huh:

Im sure I heard a version on the radio where the singer says something different... or was that on American idiot*

they edited it probably because all the little kids who fancy the singer are like WAHHH WAAAH MUMMY HE SAID F***ED UP!!

*(crappest song to date)

Who cares about the legalities, it's not like you're using it to sell to others. Everyone going all up in arms about this... I did it when I had to remove cuss words from some songs for a school event.

I'd do it, but all I could do is edit out that part of the song. Would seem like the track skipped, unless you don't care about that.

And he cusses between 1:45 and 1:47.

If they silence it, whats the problem.  If you remove it, the song will jump.

Also, if it silences it, you don't here it.  Silence means no sound

585798768[/snapback]

I was looking for a vesion where they said something else.

Sorry dude, cant find it on ILLEGAL PEER TO PEER NETWORKS but some audio monkey on the board here might be able to mix it up a bit so the swear word sounds like another word. such as .... fluffed... "Read between the lines, what's fluffed up and everything's alright" :p

sorry to hear that dude. cant help you with the editting, but i'll tell you whats a great song to play during funerals. "My Way" by frank sinatra.

Ill be on at about 1PM (GMT UK) tomorrow so if you add me to your msn list ill send you the edited song.. Im afraid its not great.. but its a start :)

Sorry to hear that man. I know how it is to lose someone, the feeling inside you just turns everything upside down.

IMHO, for a funeral, regardless of who it was, would it be appropriate to play a song? Not just that but one from Greenday?.. We're talking about a ceremony, a moment of silence for a great person that once walked this very ground we live on and people share their thoughts of how this person was great. Adding a song wouldn't add any positively noticable impact but I may be totally wrong... just sayin.

Whatever you do I hope you get better soon :cool:

• 1 month later...

Why resurrect my thread?

He told me that was his favorite song, and at his funeral, to play that song. He died 3 days later. Kinda wierd.