Review - Creative MuVo V200 MP3 Player

I recently bought a MuVo 512Mb MP3 Player and havn't stopped using it since!

It has a similer style to the iPod, in that it is white, and it has loads of features.

> FM Radio

> Radio Recording

> Voice Recording (slightly low quality)

> Plays MP3, WMA, WMA DRM, and WAV

> Uses 1 AAA Battery

> Flip the LCD over, so you can use it upside-down

> FM Radio has a 'Japan' function, so prob. works there

> Firmware is updateable

> USB2 Interface

I absolutley love it, and would recommened it over an iPod Shuffle, as the MuVo has a shuffle function in it, plus you get an LCD screen!

Please post your comments below.

Rating: 10 out of 10! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah... what actually makes it so great? The way I read this is as a spec list from their website with you saying you love it basically because you own it.

Out of interest WHY would you want to flip the LCD over when you could just put it up the right way :| Sounds like that would just make it more vulnerable to damage with moving parts.

Out of interest WHY would you want to flip the LCD over when you could just put it up the right way :| Sounds like that would just make it more vulnerable to damage with moving parts.

585802058[/snapback]

It's not the LCD itself that flips over, just the letter on them. So both left and right handed users can use it.

it sounds like it's the mp3 player i've been looking for. one question, do you have to play it in shuffle mode? or can you have it play off of a playlist?

I own a Muvo Tx FM with 1GB capacitty, and I LOVE IT!!!, has a lot of features, and is much better than Ipod Shuffle. I recommend it 100%

As far as I am aware, nobody has

585803058[/snapback]

There have been some cheap knock-offs of the iPod Shuffle whose manufacturers did not realize it offers playback in sequential order. :p

I have a N200 1GB white one in the post!!! I'll post something once i get it...is this player relatively new??

585804190[/snapback]

Relatively new, I got mine from America via eBay. Im sure you will be pleased with it. I have the black 512MB.

It has a similer style to the iPod, in that it is white, and it has loads of features.

> FM Radio

> Radio Recording

> Uses 1 AAA Battery

> Firmware is updateable

> USB2 Interface

I absolutley love it, and would recommened it over an iPod Shuffle, as the MuVo has a shuffle function in it, plus you get an LCD screen!

Rating: 10 out of 10! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

585801241[/snapback]

coming from a guy whos sig says he is anti ipod no thanks, ipod is just what i need, simple, all i listen to is mp3, i dont need wmv or other low level formats, i dont need fm radio if i have my favourite songs on the ipod, i can also voice record in an ipod which is not needed

coming from a guy whos sig says he is anti ipod no thanks, ipod is just what i need, simple, all i listen to is mp3, i dont need wmv or other low level formats, i dont need fm radio if i have my favourite songs on the ipod, i can also voice record in an ipod which is not needed

585820904[/snapback]

Just my 2 cents worth, depends on what you use it for... A mate records down a lecture in school, saves it into a WMV lot bitrate format for me in his pc. Pops my n200 in and I can check on the lecture I missed. Not an everyday thing, but at least I can use it when the situation calls for it.

Talking about favourite songs, I have my current ones too in my N200, but i dare say mine is really very current. I recorded a song directly from a mate's CD player of his latest gig through line in. Radio helps me keep up to date with my new favourite songs, I simply record a short clippings of it to buy them later if I missed the name or something? I can't remember all the songs name in my player, but at least I can show it to a girl who asked the LCD screen of what I am currently on.

Having additional features is not a bad thing, I find them rather useful, I am not sure what you are on about but it sounded like you are saying that these "extras" are not so cool.... You have got to be kidding me.

> FM Radio

> Radio Recording

> Uses 1 AAA Battery

> Firmware is updateable

> USB2 Interface

Rating: 10 out of 10! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

585801241[/snapback]

I'm sorry but I'm at a loss as to how this is better than an ipod. Maybe an ipod shuffle, but this doens't compare at all do an ipod. You can't compare a 512mb FLASH player to a 20+ GB HARDDRIVE player. Just my two cents.

• 3 months later...

You are just defending your iPod. Creative's flash mp3 players can go up to 15 hours of continous usage on a single AAA battery. And ur iPod's battery can only be charge using USB or u need to get an optional adapter. and the built-in battery is not user-replaceble. it costs a lot to change the built-in ipod battery, whereas, i can just get a normal rechargeble battery which costs a mere 10 bucks or something like that.

I'm sorry but I'm at a loss as to how this is better than an ipod.  Maybe an ipod shuffle, but this doens't compare at all do an ipod.  You can't compare a 512mb FLASH player to a 20+ GB HARDDRIVE player.  Just my two cents.

From a feature standpoint I think you can. Capacity aside, what are the core features that make the thing usable? I think those are things worth discussing.

I would take a Creative Flash Player like the one reviewed over a shuffle anyday. So what if you pay a little more, you get about 10x more the features.

I would take a Creative Flash Player like the one reviewed over a shuffle anyday.? So what if you pay a little more, you get about 10x more the features.

After doing all the research, I decided to buy aSamsung YP-MT6Z> 1gb MP3 player. I did a little write-up here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=350590&hl=

It looks like this:

mp3play1.png

Only cost $129.88 with no rebate needed. From Amazon.com. I really like it and glad I did not get the Shuffle after all. I got it over the iRiver 899 cause the iRiver has that copy protection junk on it and the Samsung does not. In fact, with the Samsung, you don't need any sort of driver at all in XP. Plus, 42 estimated hours off a standard AA battery. No proprietary nuthin! It just shuts up and does what I tell it to! :woot::

creative makes excellent mp3 players just they cost so damn much to buy,a 512 creative muvo costs 180 bucks.something similar costs half that and it comes with 512 and it is upgradable.