XBOX 360 IS HERE!

the ea footage is just an fmv...unless the graphics will be like that i dont think its pretty impressive at all

585820015[/snapback]

Yep, looks like FMV to me too. I'll believe that's actual gameplay footage when I see the game in action.

I'm hoping someone in neowin tapes the mtv thing...

Going away on May 12th...

Anyway, you have to realize that this thing is coming out at the end of 2005 or early 2006...

hmm could be interesting, but until they make xbox live, free, i will stay clear of xbox

585820234[/snapback]

XBox Live has too much to be free.

hmm could be interesting, but until they make xbox live, free, i will stay clear of xbox

585820234[/snapback]

Expect to be Xbox-free because Microsoft isn't expecting to make it free. Its had good success to make it free. As long as people pay for it, they will keep it up.

I thought that it was supposed to be useing modifyed Xeon's.

585820320[/snapback]

no, they're using G5, or POWER PC

Xenon (notice the spelling) was the codename for this second generation X BOX

Xenon != Xeon (which is an Intel CPU)

I really like the look of it, both the vertical pic and the first one.

If I was Microsoft, I would sell it with an optional TFT LCD on the side, so that you can play games in, say, the car, using the Cigg Lighter.

no, they're using G5, or POWER PC

Xenon (notice the spelling) was the codename for this second generation X BOX

Xenon != Xeon (which is an Intel CPU)

585820337[/snapback]

Why is everyone calling the processor a G5? It is a Power chip before it is a G5 chip.

The G5 (modified PowerPC4) was what they shipped in the dev-kit since it was the closest thing to the real thing available at the time. The real XBOX 360 will be using specialized PowerPC5 CPUs (unrelated to the G5).

Why is everyone calling the processor a G5?  It is a Power chip before it is a G5 chip.

The G5 (modified PowerPC4) was what they shipped in the dev-kit since it was the closest thing to the real thing available at the time.  The real XBOX 360 will be using specialized PowerPC5 CPUs (unrelated to the G5).

585820396[/snapback]

sooory.

so they used G5

Now its just power5

Somehow I think they should pull a nintendo, and offer it in more than one colour, that way at least the majority of folks would be satisfied with the look.

And beyond that, those controller pics are just an old logitech wireless xbox controller painted white with something covering the jewel, as it's pretty much an indentical design.

Somehow I think they should pull a nintendo, and offer it in more than one colour, that way at least the majority of folks would be satisfied with the look.

And beyond that, those controller pics are just an old logitech wireless xbox controller painted white with something covering the jewel, as it's pretty much an indentical design.

585822199[/snapback]

Or they could do plug 'n play cases like cell phone covers.

Latest reward from OurColony:

3737115.jpg

Guessing this is a memory card, which means for sure that the design is real. I just hope that the colors in these pictures are off and that the system isn't beige-white

3737115.jpg

Guessing this is a memory card, which means for sure that the design is real. I just hope that the colors in these pictures are off and that the system isn't beige-white

585823481[/snapback]

64MB, looks like it's indeed a memory card to me.

I think its funny how the stand looks to be on the left, but the buttons are rotated so it would have to stand on the right end to make them the right way up.

3737115.jpg

585823481[/snapback]

it is a 64MB memory card I think...

edited on is a "3" and a "7" when rotated 180 degrees