Official WinHEC 2005 Thread

the links have changed to "on demand" and the asx now points to a wmv file. still cant view it mind you, looks like its being hammered.

i get this error:

Windows Media Player cannot play this file. Connect to the Internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again

well I ran into Tom :p I was sitting down to join the next far cry tourny and i noticed the other one had creamhackered in it :) mine was starting when they were leaving, so ill have to give him a hard time later if i bump into him...

anyone else getting a Fatal error (BSOD) when the install is startubg up (after the first reboot)? ... :cry:

it just says:

STOP (insert long memory address here)...

Cream posted a shot of a strange SP2 build in the WinHec05 blog, which was:

Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (Service Pack 2)

That's the build of SP2 on my current machine, have no idea what changed it. Has no-one else got this version?

post-38240-1114464917.gif

That's the build of SP2 on my current machine, have no idea what changed it. Has no-one else got this version?

585828968[/snapback]

Me

post-76060-1114465270.jpg

585828968[/snapback]

How strange. My XP build tag now also says GDR. It must've been one of the Windows Updates.

Yeah! Check out the build number on the demo PC : 5059 vbl_ux_dev

On a side note: I hope they get that UI polished up... the search input area has alot of wasted space on the sides...

Didn't people dog paul about those screenshots that loked like/were mockups, and here they are, very, very similar? :)

Anyway, i'm torn, to a degree, i like what i see, to a degree, i don't. But i have to remember...this is not the final product, i've very excited that they plan on having Beta 1 this summer, even though it's not stable, i'll be using it on my laptop as a stable OS, and my laptop is used for dumb uses, such as listening to muisc on the road/ having some documents, and i back up everything on a media stick anyway. Can't wait. The final design better be good, but their on the right track IMO. T4P! (Thanks for posting, its a pop forum thing, lol)

Yeah! Check out the build number on the demo PC : 5059 vbl_ux_dev

On a side note: I hope they get that UI polished up... the search input area has alot of wasted space on the sides...

585829006[/snapback]

the black theme is 5059

the aero glass theme is 5060:blink:: interesting.

I have a few questions...is MediaMania going to be inlcuded with LH? (Doubt it.)

Also...

That Windows Media Player shot...is it from a portable device? Or just a skin?

the black theme is 5059

the aero glass theme is 5060 :blink: interesting.

585829021[/snapback]

Looks like 5069 to me.