Is there a site that offers ISO program downloads?

Question

I know its tough for us dialuppers to download huge files. I also notice that ISOs are significantly small. Is there a site that offers huge downloads in ISO form? I am not looking for illegally stolen software. I just want to be able to download usually few hour to few day files in less time. If its not already around it should be :) ISOs are great and small.

7 answers to this question

ISOs are as big as the CD, so if you rip a small CD, then yes ISOs are small, but a 700MB CD will be a 700MB ISO. ISOs do not use compression. RAR or ZIP files are far superior when it comes to file sizes.

There is not much software that you can download in ISO format legally except for Linux.

ISO's are not small. They are not big. They are the size of the data you are downloading.

I have some 750mb ISOs. Fancy downloading them?

Not being an assclown, just saying!

I'm curious where you got the idea that ISO's are small? Maybe your thinking ICO's ;)

There is not much software that you can download in ISO format legally except for Linux.
Where would you get that idea as well? MS provides most all of their products for download in ISO format -- Legally I might add ;)

post-14624-1114778138_thumb.jpg

But i wouldn't call it small...

Edited by BudMan

I guess I was dang tired to think this O.o Turns out I got confused my nero because it saved a list of things to be burned XD Well since this is about small formats is 7-zip as small as you can go or can we go smaller?

about small formats is 7-zip as small as you can go or can we go smaller?

585847037[/snapback]

That would depend on what reviews you read - and what type's of files your talking - some examples

http://www.maximumcompression.com/

7z is listed in the top, but not the overall handdown winner, etc..

http://www.uniquehardware.ca/articles/arti.../article4.2.php

Here 7z is the best except for compressed file types, jpeg, etc..

Now on the other hand if you read the 7z site - they are CLEARLY the best ;)

Also - keep in mind it always does not come down to the BEST compression, there are other things to consider.. Speed of compression being one of them, interface, etc.. etc.. Also keep in mind some of the interfaces like tugzip, etc.. that give you access to many types of compression - using a common interface... On one type of files you might want rar them, on other zip might be best, others 7z, etc...